00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Underrated Snes Games

6,848 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-07 19:25:35

I've been picking through some of the popular super nintendo games, most of which I owned when I was 7 or 8.
earthbound, chrono trigger, zelda, blah blah.
They are great games, but I've been finding some other really amazing games like Rudra no Hihou, and I had never even heard of it until a few weeks ago. I just want some opinions of not so popular games.
What ta play an what not ta play.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-07 19:34:37

At 7/7/12 07:25 PM, jesseRYU wrote:

NBA Live 95

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-07 19:41:01

At 7/7/12 07:25 PM, jesseRYU wrote: I've been picking through some of the popular super nintendo games, most of which I owned when I was 7 or 8.
earthbound, chrono trigger, zelda, blah blah.

Try Nosferatu.

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-07 20:09:25

Super Ninja Boy

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 01:29:51

I was never really big on sports games. except for that one hockey game on snes.
I played super ninja boy. it's def a keeper.
I'll try the nofs.... that last one tomorrow.
:D

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 01:41:25

Joe and Mac seems to be one of those games that a lot of people forget about. I always loved that game, being a caveman and beating up dinosaurs. Shit was great.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 12:35:29

At 7/8/12 01:41 AM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: Joe and Mac seems to be one of those games that a lot of people forget about. I always loved that game, being a caveman and beating up dinosaurs. Shit was great.

OH DUDE! i forgot about Joe and Mac. I still have that game somewhere!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 12:45:40

You could check out some of these.

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 13:09:28

At 7/8/12 12:45 PM, The-Great-One wrote: You could check out some of these.

Lots of videos, but I'm searching.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 13:18:27

E.V.O. Search for Eden is one of my favorites

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 13:32:11

At 7/8/12 01:18 PM, SineRider wrote: E.V.O. Search for Eden is one of my favorites

Now this is something well worth my time.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 17:16:11

At 7/7/12 07:34 PM, EKublai wrote:
NBA Live 95

madden 95 i think also lol and this home improvement game, shit was fun as hell but everybody i know hated it :( i guess they didnt like shooting dinosaurs with a nail gun

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 19:33:59

At 7/8/12 05:16 PM, 919CDS wrote:
NBA Live 95
madden 95 i think also lol and this home improvement game, shit was fun as hell but everybody i know hated it :( i guess they didnt like shooting dinosaurs with a nail gun

Name of the home improvement game?

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-08 22:06:51

At 7/8/12 07:33 PM, jesseRYU wrote:
At 7/8/12 05:16 PM, 919CDS wrote:
NBA Live 95
Name of the home improvement game?

ummm i think it was just called home improvement but if you google home improvement game itll show up

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 02:24:38

Actraiser is a fun ass game. It's got elements of both Sim City and an awesome hack and slash platformer.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 11:52:31

Here's a few i would recommend:
Front mission- mech game, turn based strategy.
Tales of phantasia- RPG with side scrolling battles (must try)
Bahamut Lagoon- be sure to get the DeJap version
Secret of Mana & Seiken Dentsu- colorful action rpgs
Kirby Superstar - A cartridge full of awesomeness
Zombies ate my neighbors - title is pretty much self explanitory
Super ghouls and ghosts - super hard but fun
Terrinigma, soulblazer, and Illusion of gaia - acion rpgs all good games

that should be a good start, SNES had so many good games it would be hard to list them all

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 11:58:02

At 7/9/12 11:52 AM, JonWB2005 wrote: Here's a few i would recommend:

that should be a good start, SNES had so many good games it would be hard to list them all

To be fair Secret of Mana was far from underrated, sold really well and most recognized it's quality at the time.

Now Secret of Evermore, THAT was a sleeper hit and I actually prefer it's dark tone over the colorful Mana.

Terranigma was amazing but went unoticed due to it only being available in Japan. Or atleast not released in America.

I had a little love affair with Soul Blazer as a little 5 year old kid. Couldn't put that game down.

Wild Guns, that is all.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 12:02:30

Oh and it seems laughable nowadays, but for the time and many years after it came out Earthbound went very much unnoticed.

I had an awesome Uncle that would come over to my house a lot and bring video games, so I did get a chance to play it but if not I probably would have missed it.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 12:21:53

At 7/9/12 12:02 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Oh and it seems laughable nowadays, but for the time and many years after it came out Earthbound went very much unnoticed.

I had an awesome Uncle that would come over to my house a lot and bring video games, so I did get a chance to play it but if not I probably would have missed it.

Ha thats pretty much my story of the snes, any games i had my uncle got for me and my sibs, he had good taste too thankfully. As far as earthbound goes i just barely picked it up a couple months ago(very hard game to find) its pretty cheezy but thats kind of what makes it so much fun. My only wish is for a run button, the walk speed is kind of annoying.

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 12:22:35

At 7/9/12 11:52 AM, JonWB2005 wrote: Here's a few i would recommend:

Like Fallen said Secret of Mana isn't really underrated. I have it already to :D
I have all 3 of the illusion games. terrinigma, soulblazer, and illusion. freakin soulblazer does get retarded hard.
I'll check out the others though thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 12:27:06

At 7/9/12 12:22 PM, jesseRYU wrote:
At 7/9/12 11:52 AM, JonWB2005 wrote:
Like Fallen said Secret of Mana isn't really underrated. I have it already to :D

Yeah i got carried away with some of my personal favorites and ignored the underrated part sorry bout that. Kirby superstar was probably an acclaimed game as well but if you havent tried it you need to.

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 12:37:04

At 7/9/12 12:27 PM, JonWB2005 wrote:
At 7/9/12 12:22 PM, jesseRYU wrote:
At 7/9/12 11:52 AM, JonWB2005 wrote:
Yeah i got carried away with some of my personal favorites and ignored the underrated part sorry bout that. Kirby superstar was probably an acclaimed game as well but if you havent tried it you need to.

Oh i plan on it. Your post did remind me though to get Seiken Dentsu 3 as well.
My friend the other day asked "Why you playin these old games. The graphics are weak" I was like "Dude. Go play COD and let me enjoy a real game."

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 13:05:00

Gonna throw another game out there,

Darius Twins

God I loved this game.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 13:12:14

At 7/9/12 01:05 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Gonna throw another game out there,

Darius Twins

God I loved this game.

Nice one, Gradius III was good as well

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 13:15:43

I'm probably pushing it with this one since it got a sequel and a cartoon, but I loved the ever living shit out of Earthworm Jim. It was so damned creative and fun to play.

Also since I'm posting games that aren't all that underrated, Killer Instinct. So damn fun, I still play this game. Idol was such a fucking dick though with his regen and ultra combos.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 13:23:21

At 7/9/12 01:15 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: I'm probably pushing it with this one since it got a sequel and a cartoon, but I loved the ever living shit out of Earthworm Jim. It was so damned creative and fun to play.

Also since I'm posting games that aren't all that underrated, Killer Instinct. So damn fun, I still play this game. Idol was such a fucking dick though with his regen and ultra combos.

I completely forgot about killer instinct gold, which reminds me Clay Fighter (thats probably not the actual name). I wasted so much time on those 2. Shaq Fu as well.

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 13:38:27

At 7/9/12 01:23 PM, JonWB2005 wrote:
At 7/9/12 01:15 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: I'm probably pushing it with this one since it got a sequel and a cartoon, but I loved the ever living shit out of Earthworm Jim. It was so damned creative and fun to play.

I completely forgot about killer instinct gold, which reminds me Clay Fighter (thats probably not the actual name). I wasted so much time on those 2. Shaq Fu as well.

Oh well, I'm one of the people who loved the Snes game to death but I didn't care for Killer Instinct Gold.

Also, Demon Crest

and motherfucking Soldiers of Fortune

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 13:42:54

At 7/9/12 01:38 PM, FallenMartyr wrote:
At 7/9/12 01:23 PM, JonWB2005 wrote:

Oh well, I'm one of the people who loved the Snes game to death but I didn't care for Killer Instinct Gold.

Also, Demon Crest

and motherfucking Soldiers of Fortune

Demon's crest is a good one, i have never tried soldiers of fortune so i guess ill give that one a shot. Looks to me to be similar to cannon fodder sorry for mobile link, im on a droid atm. m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=-fSnXOT51 T4

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 15:08:26

I still have my very first earthworm jim cartridge haha.
I'll have to check out soldiers of fortune. I keep running into so might as well

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Snes Games 2012-07-09 20:47:46

At 7/9/12 02:24 AM, ZJ wrote: Actraiser is a fun ass game. It's got elements of both Sim City and an awesome hack and slash platformer.

I also feel like I should mention Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures. It's a fun and tough platformer that goes through Indy's first three movies. It's also got fantastic music and can be played on the Wii's Virtual Console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNN9fyscaQ&feature=relmfu

Definitely worth looking at.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature