• 4 Replies
MorningAlligator
MorningAlligator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Skyrim is an immoral game Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 01:51 AM

Sorry to use a cheesy word like Immoral, and for advertising my Youtube content, but I really would like to express my opinion on Skyrim and why I honestly feel that Skyrim is a very immoral game.

I would not be complaining had this game been rated R, but the game is only rated M. This means kids are able to get their hands on the game without question. Skyrim is really just the same as Grand Theft Auto at the end of the day. You go around murdering people for the fun of it, there are drug references and nudity, there is plenty of blood and gore... Sounds a lot like GTA.

My video on Youtube expands upon what I just mentioned - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG2bvePbVss

It is entirely up to you on whether you wish to watch the video, but never the less, discuss below.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Skyrim is an immoral game Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 01:53 AM

I'm not going to click your gay little video, and i am assuming this is a troll thread, because nobody can be stupid enough to compare Skyrim to GTA.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
MorningAlligator
MorningAlligator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Skyrim is an immoral game Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 02:01 AM

At 7/6/12 01:53 AM, phrozonfire wrote: I'm not going to click your gay little video, and i am assuming this is a troll thread, because nobody can be stupid enough to compare Skyrim to GTA.

Well I can.
I am comparing them because Grand Theft Auto is a game notorious for violent content, not because they are similar games in gameplay etc. Like I said, I am only using GTA as a comparison because it is the only well-known violent video game I could think of using.

All I am simply trying to say, is that Skyrim also features violent content. Be headings, blood, gore, drug references (Skooma), Mild Nudity (Taking of character clothing, lots of cleavege being shown and even easily downloadable nudity modifications) even a bit of swearing as well.

I feel that the game should be rated MA or R, not M.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Skyrim is an immoral game Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 02:14 AM

Ok, I'll bite.

One, the games are different genres, each bringing in trappings of the worlds they represent. GTA is rated 18+ because it recreated a realistic world akin to our own in terms of story and content.

*Guns are real, while Glowing swords and Lightning Bolts are not.
*Cocaine is real, and Skooma is not.
*There is fucking in GTA, and there is not in Skyrim. Mild nudity, what the fuck are you on about? is it any worse then what you'd get in a 12+?
*Mods have no relevance on determining the age rating on a game. You could add sex mods to sims, does that make it 18+?
*It's light swearing, as opposed to the usual F-bombs GTA drops.
*There is no gore, barring the decapitations, which you can do in other games of an equivalent age rating.

n/a, Male

Since you are 12, why do you even care?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Skyrim is an immoral game Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 04:28 AM

You've got a newspost and a forum sig for advertising your stuff.. And we've got a Skyrim thread for discussing, you guessed it... Skyrim.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature