Be a Supporter!

T-shirt designs

  • 898 Views
  • 23 Replies
New Topic
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:49 AM

Hi,

I am just gonna dump some designs I use for my tshirt shop. All critique is welcome. I would also like to know if the design is "buyable" as a tshirt design, or to lame..

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:50 AM

some more

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:51 AM

cookies!

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:53 AM

more later, ill save to bump

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:37 AM

At 7/3/12 06:49 AM, Tomsan wrote: All critique is welcome. I would also like to know if the design is "buyable" as a tshirt design, or to lame..

They're all fairly lame.

Also that is not how you hold an AK-47.


Check out my webcomic: The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy
Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:40 AM

At 7/3/12 08:37 AM, Aigis wrote:
Also that is not how you hold an AK-47.

Jesus does! :)


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
ChaosRising
ChaosRising
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:49 AM

At 7/3/12 08:42 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/3/12 08:40 AM, Tomsan wrote:
At 7/3/12 08:37 AM, Aigis wrote:
Also that is not how you hold an AK-47.
Jesus does! :)
Aigis is right though, the first one looks horribly photoshopped.

like most of his.....


BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:56 AM

At 7/3/12 08:42 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/3/12 08:40 AM, Tomsan wrote:
At 7/3/12 08:37 AM, Aigis wrote:
Also that is not how you hold an AK-47.
Jesus does! :)
Aigis is right though, the first one looks horribly photoshopped.

hmm, I am pretty content with that one... it is supposed to be a collage designs so I guess it is "supposed" to look photoshopped. the pics here in the forum do come on a bit strange, ie. the clouds shouldnt have a gradient outside the shield, the giraffe's look really weird here, but theyre cutouts, so the black ones shouldnt even be visible on a black BG.


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:24 AM

can I somehow change the BG color within the forum? theyre all PNG files with transparent BG.

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:25 AM

We had a lada once, I loved it

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

what do u read?

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:07 AM

Once again... The picture's do not exactly appear on the shirt as they do in this forum. especially the borders are supposed to be normal, instead of the weird stuff I see in the pics I've uploaded here.

anyway.

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

I like the Tee-ception and good / evil one, but I have seen similar designs on threadless and other sites. I even assume there is some kind of copyright on the original ones.

Also, the forum doesn't really support transparency. Maybe you should add a plain background yourself instead.


BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

I started a T-shirt Designers Crew a while back and it didn't really do too well. I don't think that it's something that most of the users have an interest in. Good luck with this thread though.

As for the designs that you have submitted here so far they seem to be a mix of good and bad. the one with the T-shirts going in on them selfs is pretty cool though as has been said befor the earlier ones look pretty low quality Photoshop jobs.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

At 7/3/12 11:24 AM, Luwano wrote: I like the Tee-ception and good / evil one,

The majority of the Good/Evil one isn't his design.

but I have seen similar designs on threadless and other sites. I even assume there is some kind of copyright on the original ones.

I am so skeptical about the content of most of these.

Either the design is bits and pieces plucked off the internet,
or the message on the shirt is fairly weak, sorry.


BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

At 7/3/12 11:42 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/3/12 11:24 AM, Luwano wrote: I like the Tee-ception and good / evil one,
The majority of the Good/Evil one isn't his design.
but I have seen similar designs on threadless and other sites. I even assume there is some kind of copyright on the original ones.
I am so skeptical about the content of most of these.

Either the design is bits and pieces plucked off the internet,
or the message on the shirt is fairly weak, sorry.

no need, I appreciate the comments. Still I love my jesus colleage ^^

the concept of the good/evil cannot be copyrighted, atleast thats what I understood, but ye I didnt come up with that myself.

the platypus and the car are traced, the rest is myself.

now I'll show u 2 designs that are NOT my own but soon to be in the shop hopefully. Not really designed for a shirt though

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

Most of these are done with live trace, which is considered pritty poor quality in the design world.
You could atleast trace the pictures with the pen tool and do it yourself for a better quality.
And using pictures you found while googling is even considered illigal in some countries.


Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

At 7/3/12 11:56 AM, Tomsan wrote: now I'll show u 2 designs that are NOT my own but soon to be in the shop hopefully. Not really designed for a shirt though

Using anything that isn't your own means that the original creator of the image can sue you for everything.

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 01:46 PM

At 7/3/12 11:56 AM, Flowers10 wrote: Most of these are done with live trace, which is considered pritty poor quality in the design world.
You could atleast trace the pictures with the pen tool and do it yourself for a better quality.
And using pictures you found while googling is even considered illigal in some countries.

never heard of "live trace" and not "most"

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 01:50 PM

At 7/3/12 12:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/3/12 11:56 AM, Tomsan wrote: now I'll show u 2 designs that are NOT my own but soon to be in the shop hopefully. Not really designed for a shirt though
Using anything that isn't your own means that the original creator of the image can sue you for everything.

I have permission, here's another

T-shirt designs


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:00 PM

If you didn't make them, then we don't want to see them.

Here's a thread that may interest you (and everyone here). Someone took the tankman (alone with other peoples art), put it on their merchandise and are claiming it as their own. There could be some serious legal action taken as a result.

So, warning to OP ...be careful what you 'use/borrow/replicate' or you might find yourself in some trouble.

Feel free to discuss it in the lounge since this thread is done. :P

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:05 PM

Just a sec, Nae:

At 7/3/12 01:50 PM, Tomsan wrote: I have permission, here's another

Where did you get permission from this guy? Do you have a link?
I can't fathom why this artist would let you slap his pic on a t-shirt and allow you to sell them.


BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:21 PM

At 7/3/12 02:05 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Just a sec, Nae:
At 7/3/12 01:50 PM, Tomsan wrote: I have permission, here's another
Where did you get permission from this guy? Do you have a link?
I can't fathom why this artist would let you slap his pic on a t-shirt and allow you to sell them.

Because he's a friend of mine...


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to T-shirt designs Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:33 PM

At 7/3/12 02:21 PM, Tomsan wrote: Because he's a friend of mine...

Of course.
Case closed.


BBS Signature