Be a Supporter!
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 7/9/12 11:21 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
At 7/9/12 11:17 PM, MisterAce wrote: More color, almost done with this.
I like your art and I think its really great. In this picture, the water should stretch out in the background more but remember to make the waves get smaller as it gets close to the end (The Curve of the Earth)

Thanks, I'll work that in.

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 09:34 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 11:17 PM, MisterAce wrote: More color, almost done with this.

Looking great, overall it still needs to be a little harder (brush wise) but it looks better than your earlier work. You need to do something with the background though, right now it's blending a little to much with the foreground, you could try changing the colors of maybe adding some detail back there. The water looks nice, I'm guessing this creature sprouts in a river, or maybe a lake if that's the case you could throw in a shore on the background and a couple of trees to help tie everything together.

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 7/10/12 09:34 AM, Mabelma wrote: Looking great, overall it still needs to be a little harder (brush wise) but it looks better than your earlier work. You need to do something with the background though, right now it's blending a little to much with the foreground, you could try changing the colors of maybe adding some detail back there. The water looks nice, I'm guessing this creature sprouts in a river, or maybe a lake if that's the case you could throw in a shore on the background and a couple of trees to help tie everything together.

Do you mean the outline, or all the lines? As for the background, I'll see about making it a different color, and some more detail. This character could go anywhere, but a shore I think would help, I'll play around with that. Thanks

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 7/10/12 10:57 AM, MisterAce wrote: Do you mean the outline, or all the lines? As for the background, I'll see about making it a different color, and some more detail. This character could go anywhere, but a shore I think would help, I'll play around with that. Thanks

The lines are great, I mean the colors. It still looks a little blurry.

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 7/10/12 12:07 PM, Mabelma wrote:
At 7/10/12 10:57 AM, MisterAce wrote:
The lines are great, I mean the colors. It still looks a little blurry.

Got it, I'm working on it. Thanks

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 02:02 PM Reply

Added a better horizon, some definition to the clouds, light rays passing through the clouds and the body, highlights to the icicles and a beach with a tree line.

Art of Ace

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 10th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 7/10/12 02:02 PM, MisterAce wrote: Added a better horizon, some definition to the clouds, light rays passing through the clouds and the body, highlights to the icicles and a beach with a tree line.

Some finishing touches- Added some bubbles inside the body, made it more transparent and some more work on the clouds and that little patch of land...I think I minimized the blurriness.

Art of Ace

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 11th, 2012 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 7/10/12 08:52 PM, MisterAce wrote:
At 7/10/12 02:02 PM, MisterAce wrote: Added a better horizon, some definition to the clouds, light rays passing through the clouds and the body, highlights to the icicles and a beach with a tree line.
Some finishing touches- Added some bubbles inside the body, made it more transparent and some more work on the clouds and that little patch of land...I think I minimized the blurriness.

For her to be transparent, the guys head shes holding you cant see thru her hand. looking pretty neat though man! keep up the good work.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 11th, 2012 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 7/11/12 12:36 AM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 7/10/12 08:52 PM, MisterAce wrote:
At 7/10/12 02:02 PM, MisterAce wrote:
For her to be transparent, the guys head shes holding you cant see thru her hand. looking pretty neat though man! keep up the good work.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix it.

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 11th, 2012 @ 10:04 PM Reply

Got 2 WIPs in the works, I'm gonna work on 2 pics at the same time. The point is to keep practicing on different things, to keep drawing as much as possible for improvement. First is another creature, second one I'll try to put out later, it will be more human oriented with some perspective. First line art:

Art of Ace

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 14th, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

Slight delay. 2nd WIP lines, some smart characters, this one had a perspective backround and characters but I didn't go through with the idea. I stuck with different angles.

Art of Ace

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 14th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

1st WIP color update, slowly adding the light source and the shadows. This time, I'm trying to paint in a rough texture on the carapace, and adjusting the light source and later the shadows to show a texture in it. I thinned the outline a bit since the last try. Probably gonna put a swarm in the background or something. Next update will be for the 2nd WIP~

Art of Ace

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 14th, 2012 @ 09:57 PM Reply

At 7/14/12 09:47 PM, MisterAce wrote: 1st WIP color update, slowly adding the light source and the shadows. This time, I'm trying to paint in a rough texture on the carapace, and adjusting the light source and later the shadows to show a texture in it. I thinned the outline a bit since the last try. Probably gonna put a swarm in the background or something. Next update will be for the 2nd WIP~

Its looking nice. I think his leg pad shouldn't be white from light, Maybe a really light brown?


BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 14th, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply

At 7/14/12 09:57 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
At 7/14/12 09:47 PM, MisterAce wrote:
Its looking nice. I think his leg pad shouldn't be white from light, Maybe a really light brown?

Oh that's more like a marker. I usually paint the color of the light affected area right over that, it's in it's own layer.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 15th, 2012 @ 01:47 AM Reply

At 7/14/12 09:47 PM, MisterAce wrote: 1st WIP color update

It's like a cross between the Predator and Waspinator

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 15th, 2012 @ 02:09 AM Reply

At 7/15/12 01:47 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/14/12 09:47 PM, MisterAce wrote: 1st WIP color update
It's like a cross between the Predator and Waspinator

Lol. Yeah when I put in the spots, I saw that too. The mandibles really add to it too (the layout of the head Is similar to that of caterpillars, they look pretty evil) Doesn't help I've been playing AVP2 here and there. LOL Beast Wars

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 12:58 AM Reply

WIP2 color update - base colors on, started on the faces. Putting in an indoor light source hitting all of them. The flask will be glowing too. Gonna put parts of a lab in the back. fixed the fist in front and the forehead on the right.

Art of Ace

ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 01:04 AM Reply

At 7/16/12 12:58 AM, MisterAce wrote: WIP2 color update - base colors on, started on the faces. Putting in an indoor light source hitting all of them. The flask will be glowing too. Gonna put parts of a lab in the back. fixed the fist in front and the forehead on the right.

The skin tones look good. I suggest you add a darker background, especially if the flask is going to be glowing. The darker your environment, the cooler the glow will be.


Word to your mother

BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 16th, 2012 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 7/16/12 01:04 AM, ImpendingRiot wrote:
At 7/16/12 12:58 AM, MisterAce wrote:
The skin tones look good. I suggest you add a darker background, especially if the flask is going to be glowing. The darker your environment, the cooler the glow will be.

Thanks, I'll do that.

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 07:56 PM Reply

WIP2 update: shading and base background color, more later~

Art of Ace

N1nj4X
N1nj4X
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 7/17/12 07:56 PM, MisterAce wrote: WIP2 update: shading and base background color, more later~

Nice! I really enjoyed these features cartoon style :3


BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 12:52 PM Reply

At 7/18/12 12:09 PM, Bit-N wrote:
At 7/17/12 07:56 PM, MisterAce wrote:
Nice! I really enjoyed these features cartoon style :3

I've been trying to add a bit more realism into my art. I'm trying to paint in textures in the shading, and practicing lighting techniques to see how far I can get with it. I think it's helping a little. I've been working on these two longer than I usually would on a pic, trying new stuff and because I'm picky. I'm gonna redo some of my older ones and add in more dynamic poses, in hindsight it looks like none of my pics so far are dynamic lol.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 7/17/12 07:56 PM, MisterAce wrote: WIP2 update: shading and base background color, more later~

I always loved the Re-Animator series

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 7/18/12 01:09 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/17/12 07:56 PM, MisterAce wrote: WIP2 update: shading and base background color, more later~
I always loved the Re-Animator series

I googled that, wow. yeah I see what you mean! He's not exactly the mad scientist type even though I gave him that look, but yeah pretty darn close comparison

Generations1st
Generations1st
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Filmmaker
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 7/17/12 07:56 PM, MisterAce wrote: WIP2 update: shading and base background color, more later~

A Good Drawing, you also experimented with decent lighting, this shows you took time to think about the surroundings, however the scientist right hand gesture seems broken,either way these expressions especially the guy on the right, has my undivided attention.


BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 7/18/12 05:41 PM, Generations1st wrote:
At 7/17/12 07:56 PM, MisterAce wrote: WIP2 update: shading and base background color, more later~
A Good Drawing, you also experimented with decent lighting, this shows you took time to think about the surroundings, however the scientist right hand gesture seems broken,either way these expressions especially the guy on the right, has my undivided attention.

The fist? I'm cleaning up those lines a bit, do you mean the fingers, or the perspective in general?

Generations1st
Generations1st
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Filmmaker
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 7/18/12 06:15 PM, MisterAce wrote:
At 7/18/12 05:41 PM, Generations1st wrote:
At 7/17/12 07:56 PM, MisterAce wrote: WIP2 update: shading and base background color, more later~
A Good Drawing, you also experimented with decent lighting, this shows you took time to think about the surroundings, however the scientist right hand gesture seems broken,either way these expressions especially the guy on the right, has my undivided attention.
The fist? I'm cleaning up those lines a bit, do you mean the fingers, or the perspective in general?

On a wider Perspective, i think it's the arm that looks dislocated, with the fist it's not as much as the perspective but the thumb, it just doesn't look right, the thumb bones are not fully established to give out the fist clinching gesture..


BBS Signature
MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

At 7/18/12 06:39 PM, Generations1st wrote: On a wider Perspective, i think it's the arm that looks dislocated, with the fist it's not as much as the perspective but the thumb, it just doesn't look right, the thumb bones are not fully established to give out the fist clinching gesture..

Oooh, I see it now, yup fixing it, thanks

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 12:40 AM Reply

Alrighty, put in the background (Used a stock photo for an idea of the layout of the ceiling), harder lines, fixed the shoulders of the guy on the left and middle, fixed the hand (I think), put in some minute details...not quite finished yet, just a little more touches here and there and back to WIP 1.

Art of Ace

MisterAce
MisterAce
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Art of Ace Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:41 PM Reply

WIP update. Some cleaning up, more color, background soon.

Art of Ace