New Topic Respond to this Topic
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

Lol, I think they just took the Newgrounds shirt down from their main site. I can't find the link to it.

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM Reply

I smell the birth of a meme.

Reminds me of this gem.

JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 04:07 PM, T3XT wrote: Lol, I think they just took the Newgrounds shirt down from their main site. I can't find the link to it.

http://www.faded365.com/product/faded-robo-tee

I have a suspicion they're going to put it back up at some point. and then smoke some more weed and make some stupid hand gestures and wish they were black.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 12:12 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 7/4/12 07:43 AM, DiMono wrote: legal stuff
Did you seriously not get ANY replies? I know you won't today, bcause its the 4th, but NOBODY replied yesterdy or the day before?
Did you include specific links in your emails? Most companies are too lazy to look for them themselves.

One thing I've learned from the last several years in business is that big companies take a LONG time to respond to things. I don't expect any replies from them until next week, if they even do; they're more likely to do what they do and leave me out of it. I did get a reply from GoDaddy telling me to contact another place instead, and I acted on that.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 7/3/12 08:35 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
They can't. Copyright infringement. Simple adding your name/brand onto something and removing the original doesn't make it your own work and thus you can't make profit from it without permission from the copyright holders.
Maybe Newgrounds can get some money for Forsaken City!

I second this. Tom This is your chance.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

I think this is probably how Faded started...

"Hey dude."
"What's up?"
"Wanna make some moneys?"
"Sure, how we going to do that?"
"First... we buy a bunch of blank shirts in varying colors!"
"Genius! What next?"
"Then we go to google images and find some logos we like..."
"Yes..?"
"Then we edit the logo in MS paint/photoshop and replace their brand name with ours!!"
"Uhm... what is our brand name?"
"FADED of course! Fresh All Day Every Day!"
"Oh... couldn't we get into legal trouble for selling content that we haven't asked for permission to use?"
"Nonsense! People do it all the time, no one will do anything about it and if they decide to take legal action against us we can just ignore them."
"Sounds good to me. Let's get started with our bootleg business."

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #10 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

This is some interesting stuff going on.

Though I'm surprised that the website hasn't been taken down yet.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
dangoval95
dangoval95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 05:02 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I think this is probably how Faded started...

Sadly I find this very plausible

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 04:30 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: http://www.faded365.com/product/faded-robo-tee

I just left an honest review.

JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:17 PM Reply

for the lazy:

Clothing co. copies Tankmen design?

BBS Signature
JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

whoops somebody already beat me to that one

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

It's just a guy wearing snow goggles. Newgrounds didn't invent snow goggles, did they? I swear you guys are almost as stupid as the occupy wallstreet mob and just as thuggish. If I were them, I would actually be suing this site for harassment due to admins encouraging hate. That right there, would turn the lawsuit inside out. Good job morons, good job.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 05:02 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I think this is probably how Faded started...

"Hey dude."
"What's up?"
"Wanna make some moneys?"
"Sure, how we going to do that?"
"First... we buy a bunch of blank shirts in varying colors!"
"Genius! What next?"
"Then we go to google images and find some logos we like..."
"Yes..?"
"Then we edit the logo in MS paint/photoshop and replace their brand name with ours!!"
"Uhm... what is our brand name?"
"FADED of course! Fresh All Day Every Day!"
"Oh... couldn't we get into legal trouble for selling content that we haven't asked for permission to use?"
"Nonsense! People do it all the time, no one will do anything about it and if they decide to take legal action against us we can just ignore them."
"Sounds good to me. Let's get started with our bootleg business."

Spiderman memes!!
168fillertext32184634168463521846321210179843516584654163121 654654321648946211321122312189746543216846413216546546547987 4362168746462134894444454465449874641943417

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 06:23 PM, hateyou1 wrote: It's just a guy wearing snow goggles.

Haha, what? Yeah, identical images don't count for anything. I wonder whether it's any coincidence that the company behind doing all of this is based in Florida, and you're listed as being in Florida in your profile.

JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 06:49 PM, liljim wrote:
Haha, what? Yeah, identical images don't count for anything. I wonder whether it's any coincidence that the company behind doing all of this is based in Florida, and you're listed as being in Florida in your profile.

WE HAVE A MOLE!?

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 06:49 PM, liljim wrote:

JIM shhhhhh, we're witnessing Mr. Internet Tough Guy teaching us a lesson in ignorance.

BBS Signature
JohnnyUtah
JohnnyUtah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 04
Artist
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 06:23 PM, hateyou1 wrote: It's just a guy wearing snow goggles. Newgrounds didn't invent snow goggles, did they? I swear you guys are almost as stupid as the occupy wallstreet mob and just as thuggish. If I were them, I would actually be suing this site for harassment due to admins encouraging hate. That right there, would turn the lawsuit inside out. Good job morons, good job.

haha yeah you know what, then tell those wiggers to make this guy their fucking logo.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 06:54 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: haha yeah you know what, then tell those wiggers to make this guy their fucking logo.

They could even use one of my skinny ass, I did make it public in my profile some time ago, afterall.

Lepy
Lepy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 06:54 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: haha yeah you know what, then tell those wiggers to make this guy their fucking logo.

Why not just replace the Tankman with that guy wearing snow goggles?

Everybody wins.

CriticOfCritics
CriticOfCritics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 06:23 PM, hateyou1 wrote: It's just a guy wearing snow goggles. Newgrounds didn't invent snow goggles, did they? I swear you guys are almost as stupid as the occupy wallstreet mob and just as thuggish. If I were them, I would actually be suing this site for harassment due to admins encouraging hate. That right there, would turn the lawsuit inside out. Good job morons, good job.

...How stupid can YOU get. And what do snow goggles have to do with this? The logos are copyrighted and then some douche bag company comes and uses that logo for their own damned products. Some retard (YOU) just comes in and out of the blue says " you guys are idiots! I would sue you for Harassment!" and then you end by calling us morons.
Good job mate, Good job.

hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 07:13 PM Reply

This is still going? Did we win yet?

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 07:45 PM Reply

Maybe they did make him their logo, but made him look more "cartoony".

At 7/4/12 07:12 PM, CriticOfCritics wrote: ...How stupid can YOU get. And what do snow goggles have to do with this? The logos are copyrighted and then some douche bag company comes and uses that logo for their own damned products. Some retard (YOU) just comes in and out of the blue says " you guys are idiots! I would sue you for Harassment!" and then you end by calling us morons.
Good job mate, Good job.

As I have said, maybe it wasn't based on the "tankman", but it was just some guy that they made cartoony and ended up as a coincidence? That's like assuming that George Zimmerman murdered Treyvon Martin without having all the facts on the table.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 07:51 PM Reply

Well regardless of whether they are beaten senseless by the hard, long dick of the law, no one in their right minds are going to buy ANYTHING on that site from the massive amount of negative reviews we have left. The only thing that can help them at this point is purging the site completely and laying low and waiting for the thing to blow over, presumably while watching Pootie Tang or whatever it is stupid people like that do.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 07:45 PM, hateyou1 wrote: Maybe they did make him their logo, but made him look more "cartoony".

Doesn't matter, it's still infringement. If I drew Spiderman as a manga and tried to sell it, Marvel could still sue.

As I have said, maybe it wasn't based on the "tankman", but it was just some guy that they made cartoony and ended up as a coincidence? That's like assuming that George Zimmerman murdered Treyvon Martin without having all the facts on the table.

It was layered over an identical pic of Tankman, which correctly credited Newgrounds. It's fairly flippin' obvious. Either you have no idea what copyright infringement is, you're art blind like that one Spanish king was so tone deaf so that he couldn't recognize his own anthem, or you work for these guys.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 07:45 PM, hateyou1 wrote: As I have said, maybe it wasn't based on the "tankman", but it was just some guy that they made cartoony and ended up as a coincidence?

Coincidence is showing up at a party wearing the same colored man-thong as your best friend. Taking an image and not altering it at all, save for the colors and outline, is called copyright infringement in some circles. And by some circles I mean civil court.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM Reply

Pointing out the fact that they are stealing, and are a scumbag of a company, is one thing. But simply lying for the sake of being an asshole, that's something different entirely.

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 08:03 PM Reply

You kids are soo naive to the law. Look, you're comparing Marvel, a multi-million dollar corporation to a small website. How do you know that tankman didn't rip off some artist on deviantart? You see, you have no evidence that they ripped off the tank man 100%. Instead, they can turn the lawsuit inside-out by suing newgrounds for harassment. I looked on the site and I saw many inappropriate comments in the reviews. If you guys continue spamming them with hate, they CAN turn the lawsuit inside-out and it will then be newground's loss.

CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 08:03 PM, hateyou1 wrote: You kids are soo naive to the law. Look, you're comparing Marvel, a multi-million dollar corporation to a small website. How do you know that tankman didn't rip off some artist on deviantart?

Because the artist credited Newgrounds.com, maybe?

You see, you have no evidence that they ripped off the tank man 100%. Instead, they can turn the lawsuit inside-out by suing newgrounds for harassment. I looked on the site and I saw many inappropriate comments in the reviews. If you guys continue spamming them with hate, they CAN turn the lawsuit inside-out and it will then be newground's loss.

Newgrounds can't be held responsible for what random people online who HAPPEN to have Newgrounds accounts do. Is there a correlation? Yes. Is it NG's fault? 100% no.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 08:07 PM, CommanderFalcon wrote: Because the artist credited Newgrounds.com, maybe?

Doesn't matter. If the artist made the art before newgrounds made this "tankman", then why does the artist need to credit newgrounds? Even if it was the other way around, newgrounds would still be profiting from their art, which is still unlawful.

Newgrounds can't be held responsible for what random people online who HAPPEN to have Newgrounds accounts do. Is there a correlation? Yes. Is it NG's fault? 100% no.

Then how many posts did the admins make to stop the hate comments? The correct answer would be 0. Therefore, they WOULD be held accounted for the comments.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Clothing co. copies Tankmen design? Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

"hateyou1" is simply a naive imbecile who can't comprehend the term "identical".

There is no fucking way that a picture of a tankman, in the same posture, size, shape, and overall design can be replicated by two completely different people in a completely coincidental situation. It's not like copying a picture of a circle; an image with no intricate qualities whatsoever.

There is no need to compare Zimmerman vs. Trayvon because we already have all the facts on the table, and these facts all suggest that the NG tankman was stolen and printed on a shirt. Anyone who can't tell that Faded blatantly copied the design is either blind, retarded, or a horrible liar scared of the consequences of his plagiarization.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature