New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:50 PM Reply

What do you think about people commiting suicide? Is it excusable given the fact that ti may harm other people in their daily lives- i.e. upsetting loved ones, etc? Do you think that suicide makes someone a bad person, or is it excusable in certain circumstances? Also, do any of you guys have personal experiences with suicide?

Discuss.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.
Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

homsarrunner3
homsarrunner3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:53 PM Reply

People who commit suicide are cowards who can't deal with how tough life is.

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me
"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:54 PM Reply

I think they should kill themselves if they want. It's their lives. If they're not happy with it, let them off themselves.

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:55 PM Reply

why even care about them

they're dead

dirt under your feet

i guess it sucks if a family member or loved one commits suicide, but it was probably for the best

homsarrunner3
homsarrunner3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 01:55 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: i guess it sucks if a family member or loved one commits suicide, but it was probably for the best

What is this I don't even...

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me
"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

I knew a guy who killed himself over a girl, he posted some shit on facebook and then went out in his backyard and hung himself from a swing set. Not sure what I learned from that...

But I guess it's subjective. Every individual incident is different. I'm sure many suicides are senseless, many are greedy, many are cowardly, and so on. But I'm sure many are fairly understandable: terminal illness, horrible pain, HIV positive cellmate won't stop raping you, etc...

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:29 PM Reply

I also had a friend who's mother was a cop, and she sat down on her front step and shot herself with her service revolver. I met him not long after that, I think he joined up with me and my friends because we never knew her and he wouldn't have to think about it around us.

It's hard for me to judge how badly it effected him, because I didn't know him before it happened, and he never talked about it. The only time he ever brought it up was after I had an argument with my mother on the phone. He said something along the lines of "I regret every bad thing I ever said to my mom." I don't think I'll ever forget the way he said that.

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 01:53 PM, homsarrunner3 wrote: People who commit suicide are cowards who can't deal with how tough life is.

I doubt you can even imagine what a 'tough life' is. I doubt many of us here can.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

people who think suicide is right should fucking kill themselves..

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 02:35 PM, MrPercie wrote: people who think suicide is right should fucking kill themselves..

This is logical...surprisingly.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 01:53 PM, homsarrunner3 wrote: People who commit suicide are cowards who can't deal with how tough life is.

This.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
Crazy-Pigeon
Crazy-Pigeon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Programmer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

It's a way of fearing reality and seeing no positive way to deal with it, mostly performed by desperate people who think too irrational.

BBS Signature
GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:13 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 01:57 PM, homsarrunner3 wrote:
At 7/2/12 01:55 PM, GhostOfHalloween wrote: i guess it sucks if a family member or loved one commits suicide, but it was probably for the best
What is this I don't even...

i meant what i said

if someone commits suicide, it's probably for the best

they had problems couldn't handle and they're not going to bother any one else on earth with those problems again

solved

as long as they don't have children depending solely on them to provide support, i don't see what the problem is

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

The only guarantee in life is death, so if a person can have some say/control over when it happens, then more power to them.
I think it's very patronising and arrogant of people to tell others that they shouldn't commit suicide. Nobody can truly claim to know and understand what another person thinks and is going through, and if someone is so miserable that they'd rather be dead than face the world then their decision to kill themselves should be recognised and respected.

At 7/2/12 01:50 PM, Rapacity wrote: Also, do any of you guys have personal experiences with suicide?

Attempted once.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 03:00 PM, robotking98 wrote:
This.

dont be an idiot, some of them just have got the balls to know life is a pointless game and their bored of it and their shitty job and wanna get out of it the only way there is.

BBS Signature
Sanch
Sanch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 03:00 PM, robotking98 wrote:
This.

the number in your name which i assume is your birth year accurately reflects what i think of the people posting like 'this'

you talk a good one but u dont do what your supposed to do

BBS Signature
ActualOccurences
ActualOccurences
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:03 PM Reply

I think suicide is a very selfish act personally.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

Spoken like a true drone.

People who take their lives can be selfish, but so are the people who want the person to stay alive and suffer.

Therefore, suicide is selfish-neutral.

Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

If somebody wanna croak hey self up, I'm all for it. too many damn people on this planet anyways.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 01:50 PM, Rapacity wrote: Also, do any of you guys have personal experiences with suicide?

Yes, I do. On March 6th, 2012 my uncle purposely shot himself in the chest and bled to death.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 01:54 PM, TurkeyBased wrote: I think they should kill themselves if they want. It's their lives. If they're not happy with it, let them off themselves.

Yeah, this, I'm too lazy to make up my own thing

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
OreoSaki
OreoSaki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Art Lover
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

But the japanese killed themselves in WWII to protect thier honor/so they wouldint be captured and/or interrogated

Its my sig, its me, i made it, gtfo

BBS Signature
OreoSaki
OreoSaki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Art Lover
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:16 PM Reply

Sure most of the time its selfish but theres people that will take thier own life rather then just give "Intel" to protect i know it sounds hard to belive but its true

Its my sig, its me, i made it, gtfo

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 05:11 PM, OreoSaki wrote:
But the japanese killed themselves in WWII to protect thier honor/so they wouldint be captured and/or interrogated

Also kamikazes.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature
Ash-Datastream
Ash-Datastream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

Ah, suicide! I've had way to much experience with it, basically my family (Mum's side) has a severe genetic disposition to autism and clinical depression thus my uncle (two actually), cousin, grandmother, grandfather and a friend all killed themselves for various reasons, in an ironic and cruel twist all but two of the previous (one being the friend) killed themselves because they were sad about another family member dying. As in one of my uncles killed himself because his wife cheated, the other uncle killed himself because his brother was dead, my Granddad because his son was dead, his wife because her husband was dead and my cousin because his Dad was dead and my friend killed himself 'cos he felt guilty about stabbing someone.

All in all I'm emotionally detached from well, everything really so I'm not terribly bothered but do find them to be rather the bunch of assholes for it. There's also a guy I met on the internet who I consoled quite a few late nights when he went through a suicidal phase though his was justified my circumstance and the plan is now for me to move to America and work for him as he owns an insurance company now so there's a happy twist in the story for sure :)

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

depends, if they had to push a button and take out a whole bunch of bad guys I would say its fine since your takin em with ya. but, in general I highly disapprove of suicide.

TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

They are the dumbest people. Almost all ways to kill your self can either backfire or be extremely frightening or painful. Also those of you who say they are cowards, try killing yourself, I bet you don't have the balls.

How does one sig?

BBS Signature
PsychoZoid
PsychoZoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Artist
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 7/2/12 07:14 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote:
WOW OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO MACHO AND COOL

Seriously, why should they even bother if they don't want to? People should just do whatever the hell they want, even if that's killing themselves.

It's just an opinion, you know...

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:23 PM Reply

If you're not going to kill yourself then there's at least someone in this world who is more than willing to kill you if given the chance.

This goes for every single one of us.

CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Opinions on Suicide Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:58 PM Reply

Suicide is irrational. You are born with a natural instinct to survive. I'm sure it take plenty of will power to override that, but if you seriously can't think of another way out of a situation than suicide, you either aren't thinking or aren't trying hard enough.

There is always another way, even if it's getting killed by someone else. Never, under any circumstance that I can mentally conjure up, is suicide the only way.

When you think about it, every waking moment of your life, suicide is an option. Don't agree with my opinion? Then killing yourself is an option so you don't have to deal with it. Ignoring it is a much more beneficial and safe option. Arguing it is less beneficial, seeing as you have to deal with it more if you're going to change it, but still, it's an option.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature