00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I chose celibacy and you should too

5,826 Views | 79 Replies

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 02:35:53

At 6/30/12 01:30 PM, naronic wrote:
I agree, minus the sex part.
The Coolidge effect makes it clear how bad sex can be for a relationship.

This here is my point!

Your saying the coolidge effect is bad for relationships.
The coolidge effect only happens when you have sex with the same partner,
Therefore, you are saying that you should have sex with multiple partners to prevent the coolidge effect and have a good relationship.

You can't have celibacy in the factor because the coolidge effect is not possible with celibacy, making your whole argument of sex and the coolidge effect moot.

You can't use the coolidge effect for your argument to promote celibacy because they are completly unrelated

Also, I'm not Dr. House, but many of the links I provided earlier were written by Doctorates. Thats why I provided them (someone didn't read)

Lastly, you cannot have serious relationships in highschool. For one thing, your not even an adult while in high school at all, unless you moved out at 16.

You don't have to worry about bills, food, gas, more bills, tuition, a job and other things. Not only that, but you live with your parents. You don't live alone. If you invite a girl over, guess who else was/is there? Your Parents!

Finally, you still have rebutted one of my main arguments:
Sex is natural for humans.

Not only that, but if you masturbate, then sorry to burst your bubble, but your not really celibate. Masturbation is like sex, only solo (and if a guy, even faster).

Oh, and one more thing, what I meant by the observation of the Coolidge Effect (which as I have said earlier and pointed out is as irrelevant in your argument as two bonobos having sex) being limited is that it was not observed within different cultures, not different races. To begin with, there is only one human race; there are, however, different ethnicities.

And you know how you said that the lack of celibacy is the reason that there is so much divorce?
You just disproved your point in your last point by admitting that I was right on my earlier rebuttal that the reason there is much divorce is because of women's rights; and I quote "divorce...taboo... before 1970's".

I'm sorry, but for the moment, your losing this debate. I've managed to attack all your points, and have shown with logic, data, and rhetoric how your main argument, that the Coolidge Effect is why you should be celibate, is moot and irrelevant as a reason you should remain celibate as it really has nothing to do with celibacy, but with sex itself.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 02:45:11

To put this in my terms, THE MORE SEX YOU HAVE WITH YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND THE MORE TIRED AND EVENTUALLY DISINTERESTED YOU BECOME OF HER,

Here, in case you didn't get it last time.

Celibacy = no sex = no Coolidge Effect

Sex = Coolidge Effect starts = Relationship becomes stale unless polygamous.

Point: Either you stay celibate your entire life to avoid the Coolidge Effect in an "attempt" to keep your relationship healthy or you have sex and deal with the Coolidge Effect.

Also, haven't you thought of something very simple: if sex was that harmful to a relationship, then wouldn't all relationships in the past have been bad? Heck, according to that argument, every relationship in the time of the Egyptians would have failed because celibacy did not exist yet.

You have also only focused on American culture in your argument, which makes it weaker, since Indians and Chinese make up for about half the worlds population, just to start with.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 09:46:41

At 6/30/12 11:29 PM, Ilssm wrote:
No, I decided that I would wait until I found someone "special" but changed my mind at some point in high school.
Special I.E marriage, or I.E the person you think is 'The one'?

the latter.

If it's the latter then it sounds like you just want sex for sex.

I don't know what you mean, but yeah.

At 7/1/12 12:05 AM, naronic wrote: Sex isn't a skill, don't be silly.

No, you get better with experience.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 09:53:57

At 6/29/12 07:17 PM, Sevkat wrote: you can only catch AIDS once

Yeah man, Yocao.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 10:20:21

At 6/30/12 05:23 PM, naronic wrote: I think there's a misunderstanding here, I'm not trying to force you to stop having sex, I'm just giving reasons why it could be bad for a relationship in hopes that I can get more people to see my point of view.

Yeah, but your argument also makes the implicit assumption that a single relationship with no sex is somehow better than say, two or more relationships with sex. You've said nothing that actually supports that point, and that's basically the entire foundation of what you're saying.

Dead.

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 10:38:05

OP is talking to a site full of virgins.

Obvious troll is obvious

Follow me here: http://valor56.newgrounds.com/follo w You teach me and I'll teach you

Pokémon

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 10:49:16

n*gga it's your bible not mine

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 12:06:33

At 7/1/12 02:35 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
At 6/30/12 01:30 PM, naronic wrote:
I agree, minus the sex part.
The Coolidge effect makes it clear how bad sex can be for a relationship.
This here is my point!

Your saying the coolidge effect is bad for relationships.
The coolidge effect only happens when you have sex with the same partner,
Therefore, you are saying that you should have sex with multiple partners to prevent the coolidge effect and have a good relationship.

-_-
Oh boy lets take it from the top,

"Your saying the coolidge effect is bad for relationships."
"The coolidge effect only happens when you have sex with the same partner,"
YES, and what am I trying to make a point for?
CELIBACY, I.E NO (OR VERY LITTLE) SEX IN RELATIONSHIPS WHICH ONLY HAVE ONE PARTNER, I.E THE ONLY KIND OF RELATIONSHIP.

This is what dumps salt in my pasta in an argument; said opponent misunderstands what I'm talking about, and then goes on the offensive defending his misunderstanding whilst trying to insult my intelligence. I don't even know if you're doing this on purpose to lower my morale but it's not working, you have to seriously drop this crap and understand the argument I'm trying to convey or else we can't necessarily have an argument at all.

Lastly, you cannot have serious relationships in highschool. For one thing, your not even an adult while in high school at all, unless you moved out at 16.
You don't have to worry about bills, food, gas, more bills, tuition, a job and other things. Not only that, but you live with your parents. You don't live alone. If you invite a girl over, guess who else was/is there? Your Parents!

I can see where you're coming from here, and indeed I don't have to worry about that stuff. This doesn't mean I haven't encountered my fair share of hardships in a relationship. Arguments, love triangles, schedules and when to date, having to dump or be dumped by somebody else, girlfriends whom parents don't like me, long distance relationships, and yes- jobs. All hardships one would encounter in a relationship and all hardships I have overcome, and we still made our relationships work without sex.

Not only that, but if you masturbate, then sorry to burst your bubble, but your not really celibate. Masturbation is like sex, only solo (and if a guy, even faster).

Alright, I'll swallow some of my pride and admit there is truth here, but I've already clarified my stance on masturbation when I went into specifics.
And yes sex is natural, so are a lot of things humanity can and has lived without for some time now.

Oh, and one more thing, what I meant by the observation of the Coolidge Effect (which as I have said earlier and pointed out is as irrelevant in your argument as two bonobos having sex) being limited is that it was not observed within different cultures, not different races. To begin with, there is only one human race; there are, however, different ethnicities.

The very allegation that the Coolidge Effect would wield different results with different ethnicity is in of itself fallacious. As humans we don't even have the genetic diversity of the chimpanzee, and this was tested on rodents.
But I'm glad were in agreement.

Celibacy = no sex = no Coolidge Effect

Me saying that sex can be bad for a relationship = mentions how Coolidge Effect can be bad for a relationship = draws a connection.

And you know how you said that the lack of celibacy is the reason that there is so much divorce?

No I don't remember, please provide me with a quote and a reference to a post I made.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 12:59:00

At 7/1/12 12:05 AM, naronic wrote:
At 6/30/12 10:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Celibacy is stupid. What happens when you find someone special and you completely suck at fucking and can't please them?
Sex isn't a skill, don't be silly.

Yes it is, you need to do it right, you must remember that a pussy isn't a building you're trying to demolish, you don't just ram it. Man I don't think it's a matter of choice on your part, as others have said, based on the fact that you don't even know how sex works.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 13:22:43

Also, haven't you thought of something very simple: if sex was that harmful to a relationship, then wouldn't all relationships in the past have been bad? Heck, according to that argument, every relationship in the time of the Egyptians would have failed because celibacy did not exist yet.
You have also only focused on American culture in your argument, which makes it weaker, since Indians and Chinese make up for about half the worlds population, just to start with.

This doesn't matter, the problem is biological and universal, not cultural.

I'm sorry, but for the moment, your losing this debate. I've managed to attack all your points, and have shown with logic, data, and rhetoric how your main argument, that the Coolidge Effect is why you should be celibate, is moot and irrelevant as a reason you should remain celibate as it really has nothing to do with celibacy, but with sex itself.

Well the problem is I don't think that's you call,
For instance when you constantly state how I'm supporting polygamy by mentioning the Coolidge effect, and I consistently prove by example how you're wrong, ad infinitum. I could just as easily say you're ignoring the biggest part of my argument in lieu of your response.
But I don't

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 14:36:23

are you sure you didnt make this thread to feel better about your idiotic decision?

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 14:57:00

So you're advocating that people should never, ever secks? Not even for the sole purpose of procreation?

I dunno man, but some people eventually want to have kids.

Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 15:15:20

At 7/1/12 02:57 PM, Laughingbox wrote: So you're advocating that people should never, ever secks? Not even for the sole purpose of procreation?

I say forget this topic. LETS ALL TALKS ABOUT CARTOONS

Just when you think you have all the answers i change the questions

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 15:29:57

At 7/1/12 02:57 PM, Laughingbox wrote: So you're advocating that people should never, ever secks? Not even for the sole purpose of procreation?

procreation is okay

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 15:56:46

At 7/1/12 03:29 PM, naronic wrote:

procreation is okay

Fair enough, I suppose.

It still looks like your argument's only leg is the Coolidge Effect, but you'll find a way to cope with that, I suppose.

Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 15:58:55

ahaha that's a good one

Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching ||||| Astolfo explores my colon with his Monster can. ||||| Praise be unto Satsuki-sama's ass. ||||| Anime tiddies

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-02 07:36:21

Yeah, but another thing about the whole Coolidge Effect thing: Even if true, it only applies to the celibacy argument by conflating sexual interest with general interpersonal interest, but at the same time the entire argument rests on separating sexual interest from interpersonal interest.

In other words, the whole argument contradicts itself, while at the same time being entirely based on unsupported nontrivial assumptions.

On the other hand, this is almost def a troll topic, so OP did a good job in that sense.

Dead.

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-03 21:55:30

At 7/1/12 01:22 PM, naronic wrote:

This doesn't matter, the problem is biological and universal, not cultural.

Oh really? So fat farm cultures, drug slave cultures, Matriarch cultures, female worship cultures, BDSM, and polygamist cultures, to name a few, don't matter? Even though each one that I mentioned treats relationships differently? (most notably BDSM, which thrives by inflicting pain to the loved one. In a normal relationship, that would cause conflict, not bonding, and yet...). If anything, this only blatantly shows your ignorance to the problem.

If you could determine what makes a human human just by biological factors, there would be no need for philosophy or morals or ethics, since it would mean we are no different than animals. Yet, humans are not exactly the same as animals, but much more complex.

Well the problem is I don't think that's you call,
For instance when you constantly state how I'm supporting polygamy by mentioning the Coolidge effect, and I consistently prove by example how you're wrong, ad infinitum. I could just as easily say you're ignoring the biggest part of my argument in lieu of your response.
But I don't

Hey, don't take my word for it; look how many other people are saying you misunderstand the Coolidge Effect.

Also, you should really rebute Sensationalism's counter, since it too weakens your argument further.

Hey people, read Naronic's and my debate, and say who you think has a point so far. Maybe then he'll see a bit better.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-03 22:07:37

I too support celibacy. More pussy for me!

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-06 01:10:08

hmmmm i lost my virginity at 14....been fucking ever since....even did a few boys along the way.......cant say i see the big deal.....fucked some chicks, fucked some guys did both at the same time....moved on....

if u choose celibacy thats good for you....but if u dont.....aint no thang OG

End of Line.

BBS Signature