Be a Supporter!

I chose celibacy and you should too

  • 2,995 Views
  • 94 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 6/30/12 05:42 PM, naronic wrote:
At 6/30/12 05:18 PM, Light wrote:
Who says having sex entails a lack of emotional bonding with the person you have sex with?
Sex can include bonding, but it also has reverse side effects.

Sex actually creates and strengthens bonds. You almost say it as if such bonds are created not because of sexual activity, but in spite of it.

And frankly, I feel I must reiterate my contention that you wildly misunderstand the Coolidge Effect and its implications.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

Despite what the OP thinks, not having sex is bad, women have lust just as much as men and may leave you BECAUSE OF NOT HAVING SEX.


Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 09:11 PM Reply

When it comes to you, I'm guessing it's not really a matter of choice.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

damn bro, you sound like you need some pussy


ok

BBS Signature
Aprime
Aprime
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

You can say what your choice is and I will respect that

But don't say what we should all do and force your opinion on us >_<


Fan me up | Twitter l My Website l YouTube (Please Subscribe)

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

I thought this thread said, "I choose celery," and I was going to explain how carrots are obviously superior to to celery.


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 10:50 PM Reply

Celibacy is stupid. What happens when you find someone special and you completely suck at fucking and can't please them? you need experience. You should watch the Bullshit episode where they cover this topic.

I was celibate for a short time until a certain point in my mid teen years. Then I thought "wait, this is dumb" and started being sexually active.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 6/30/12 10:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was celibate for a short time until a certain point in my mid teen years. Then I thought "wait, this is dumb" and started being sexually active.

Short time here meaning childhood? Now, and I may just be crazy, but in my personal experience childhood isn't really regarded as the most sexually active point in a person's life.


A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 10:58 PM Reply

At 6/30/12 10:52 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 6/30/12 10:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was celibate for a short time until a certain point in my mid teen years. Then I thought "wait, this is dumb" and started being sexually active.
Short time here meaning childhood? Now, and I may just be crazy, but in my personal experience childhood isn't really regarded as the most sexually active point in a person's life.

No, I decided that I would wait until I found someone "special" but changed my mind at some point in high school.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 6/30/12 10:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Celibacy is stupid. What happens when you find someone special and you completely suck at fucking and can't please them?

Sex isn't a skill, don't be silly.


BBS Signature
Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 02:35 AM Reply

At 6/30/12 01:30 PM, naronic wrote:
I agree, minus the sex part.
The Coolidge effect makes it clear how bad sex can be for a relationship.

This here is my point!

Your saying the coolidge effect is bad for relationships.
The coolidge effect only happens when you have sex with the same partner,
Therefore, you are saying that you should have sex with multiple partners to prevent the coolidge effect and have a good relationship.

You can't have celibacy in the factor because the coolidge effect is not possible with celibacy, making your whole argument of sex and the coolidge effect moot.

You can't use the coolidge effect for your argument to promote celibacy because they are completly unrelated

Also, I'm not Dr. House, but many of the links I provided earlier were written by Doctorates. Thats why I provided them (someone didn't read)

Lastly, you cannot have serious relationships in highschool. For one thing, your not even an adult while in high school at all, unless you moved out at 16.

You don't have to worry about bills, food, gas, more bills, tuition, a job and other things. Not only that, but you live with your parents. You don't live alone. If you invite a girl over, guess who else was/is there? Your Parents!

Finally, you still have rebutted one of my main arguments:
Sex is natural for humans.

Not only that, but if you masturbate, then sorry to burst your bubble, but your not really celibate. Masturbation is like sex, only solo (and if a guy, even faster).

Oh, and one more thing, what I meant by the observation of the Coolidge Effect (which as I have said earlier and pointed out is as irrelevant in your argument as two bonobos having sex) being limited is that it was not observed within different cultures, not different races. To begin with, there is only one human race; there are, however, different ethnicities.

And you know how you said that the lack of celibacy is the reason that there is so much divorce?
You just disproved your point in your last point by admitting that I was right on my earlier rebuttal that the reason there is much divorce is because of women's rights; and I quote "divorce...taboo... before 1970's".

I'm sorry, but for the moment, your losing this debate. I've managed to attack all your points, and have shown with logic, data, and rhetoric how your main argument, that the Coolidge Effect is why you should be celibate, is moot and irrelevant as a reason you should remain celibate as it really has nothing to do with celibacy, but with sex itself.


BBS Signature
Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 02:45 AM Reply

To put this in my terms, THE MORE SEX YOU HAVE WITH YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND THE MORE TIRED AND EVENTUALLY DISINTERESTED YOU BECOME OF HER,

Here, in case you didn't get it last time.

Celibacy = no sex = no Coolidge Effect

Sex = Coolidge Effect starts = Relationship becomes stale unless polygamous.

Point: Either you stay celibate your entire life to avoid the Coolidge Effect in an "attempt" to keep your relationship healthy or you have sex and deal with the Coolidge Effect.

Also, haven't you thought of something very simple: if sex was that harmful to a relationship, then wouldn't all relationships in the past have been bad? Heck, according to that argument, every relationship in the time of the Egyptians would have failed because celibacy did not exist yet.

You have also only focused on American culture in your argument, which makes it weaker, since Indians and Chinese make up for about half the worlds population, just to start with.


BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 6/30/12 11:29 PM, Ilssm wrote:
No, I decided that I would wait until I found someone "special" but changed my mind at some point in high school.
Special I.E marriage, or I.E the person you think is 'The one'?

the latter.

If it's the latter then it sounds like you just want sex for sex.

I don't know what you mean, but yeah.

At 7/1/12 12:05 AM, naronic wrote: Sex isn't a skill, don't be silly.

No, you get better with experience.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 09:48 AM Reply

I might be celibate. But then again I hate women.


I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Chocomilk
Chocomilk
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Reader
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 6/29/12 07:17 PM, Sevkat wrote: you can only catch AIDS once

Yeah man, Yocao.


BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 10:20 AM Reply

At 6/30/12 05:23 PM, naronic wrote: I think there's a misunderstanding here, I'm not trying to force you to stop having sex, I'm just giving reasons why it could be bad for a relationship in hopes that I can get more people to see my point of view.

Yeah, but your argument also makes the implicit assumption that a single relationship with no sex is somehow better than say, two or more relationships with sex. You've said nothing that actually supports that point, and that's basically the entire foundation of what you're saying.

Valor56
Valor56
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 10:38 AM Reply

OP is talking to a site full of virgins.

Obvious troll is obvious

Follow me here: http://valor56.newgrounds.com/follo w You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokémon

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Member since: May. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 10:49 AM Reply

n*gga it's your bible not mine


BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 7/1/12 02:35 AM, Revo357912 wrote:
At 6/30/12 01:30 PM, naronic wrote:
I agree, minus the sex part.
The Coolidge effect makes it clear how bad sex can be for a relationship.
This here is my point!

Your saying the coolidge effect is bad for relationships.
The coolidge effect only happens when you have sex with the same partner,
Therefore, you are saying that you should have sex with multiple partners to prevent the coolidge effect and have a good relationship.

-_-
Oh boy lets take it from the top,

"Your saying the coolidge effect is bad for relationships."
"The coolidge effect only happens when you have sex with the same partner,"
YES, and what am I trying to make a point for?
CELIBACY, I.E NO (OR VERY LITTLE) SEX IN RELATIONSHIPS WHICH ONLY HAVE ONE PARTNER, I.E THE ONLY KIND OF RELATIONSHIP.

This is what dumps salt in my pasta in an argument; said opponent misunderstands what I'm talking about, and then goes on the offensive defending his misunderstanding whilst trying to insult my intelligence. I don't even know if you're doing this on purpose to lower my morale but it's not working, you have to seriously drop this crap and understand the argument I'm trying to convey or else we can't necessarily have an argument at all.

Lastly, you cannot have serious relationships in highschool. For one thing, your not even an adult while in high school at all, unless you moved out at 16.
You don't have to worry about bills, food, gas, more bills, tuition, a job and other things. Not only that, but you live with your parents. You don't live alone. If you invite a girl over, guess who else was/is there? Your Parents!

I can see where you're coming from here, and indeed I don't have to worry about that stuff. This doesn't mean I haven't encountered my fair share of hardships in a relationship. Arguments, love triangles, schedules and when to date, having to dump or be dumped by somebody else, girlfriends whom parents don't like me, long distance relationships, and yes- jobs. All hardships one would encounter in a relationship and all hardships I have overcome, and we still made our relationships work without sex.

Not only that, but if you masturbate, then sorry to burst your bubble, but your not really celibate. Masturbation is like sex, only solo (and if a guy, even faster).

Alright, I'll swallow some of my pride and admit there is truth here, but I've already clarified my stance on masturbation when I went into specifics.
And yes sex is natural, so are a lot of things humanity can and has lived without for some time now.

Oh, and one more thing, what I meant by the observation of the Coolidge Effect (which as I have said earlier and pointed out is as irrelevant in your argument as two bonobos having sex) being limited is that it was not observed within different cultures, not different races. To begin with, there is only one human race; there are, however, different ethnicities.

The very allegation that the Coolidge Effect would wield different results with different ethnicity is in of itself fallacious. As humans we don't even have the genetic diversity of the chimpanzee, and this was tested on rodents.
But I'm glad were in agreement.

Celibacy = no sex = no Coolidge Effect

Me saying that sex can be bad for a relationship = mentions how Coolidge Effect can be bad for a relationship = draws a connection.

And you know how you said that the lack of celibacy is the reason that there is so much divorce?

No I don't remember, please provide me with a quote and a reference to a post I made.


BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 7/1/12 12:05 AM, naronic wrote:
At 6/30/12 10:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Celibacy is stupid. What happens when you find someone special and you completely suck at fucking and can't please them?
Sex isn't a skill, don't be silly.

Yes it is, you need to do it right, you must remember that a pussy isn't a building you're trying to demolish, you don't just ram it. Man I don't think it's a matter of choice on your part, as others have said, based on the fact that you don't even know how sex works.


Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

Also, haven't you thought of something very simple: if sex was that harmful to a relationship, then wouldn't all relationships in the past have been bad? Heck, according to that argument, every relationship in the time of the Egyptians would have failed because celibacy did not exist yet.
You have also only focused on American culture in your argument, which makes it weaker, since Indians and Chinese make up for about half the worlds population, just to start with.

This doesn't matter, the problem is biological and universal, not cultural.

I'm sorry, but for the moment, your losing this debate. I've managed to attack all your points, and have shown with logic, data, and rhetoric how your main argument, that the Coolidge Effect is why you should be celibate, is moot and irrelevant as a reason you should remain celibate as it really has nothing to do with celibacy, but with sex itself.

Well the problem is I don't think that's you call,
For instance when you constantly state how I'm supporting polygamy by mentioning the Coolidge effect, and I consistently prove by example how you're wrong, ad infinitum. I could just as easily say you're ignoring the biggest part of my argument in lieu of your response.
But I don't


BBS Signature
Razzar508
Razzar508
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 7/1/12 12:34 PM, CockGobbler wrote:
Secondly, stop trying to preach to us, no one's buying it.

Thirdly, fuck off and stop acting like you're better than everyone because you can't get laid.

This is basically what i meant to say... but i went on a tangent..


I like poking dead things with sticks :D

BBS Signature
georgesodini
georgesodini
  • Member since: Oct. 31, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

are you sure you didnt make this thread to feel better about your idiotic decision?

Laughingbox
Laughingbox
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

So you're advocating that people should never, ever secks? Not even for the sole purpose of procreation?

I dunno man, but some people eventually want to have kids.


Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

pumpernicklegawd
pumpernicklegawd
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Melancholy
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 7/1/12 02:57 PM, Laughingbox wrote: So you're advocating that people should never, ever secks? Not even for the sole purpose of procreation?

I dunno man, but some people eventually want to have kids.

I say forget this topic. LETS ALL TALKS ABOUT CARTOONS


Just when you think you have all the answers i change the questions

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 7/1/12 02:57 PM, Laughingbox wrote: So you're advocating that people should never, ever secks? Not even for the sole purpose of procreation?

I dunno man, but some people eventually want to have kids.

procreation is okay


BBS Signature
Laughingbox
Laughingbox
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 7/1/12 03:29 PM, naronic wrote:
At 7/1/12 02:57 PM, Laughingbox wrote: So you're advocating that people should never, ever secks? Not even for the sole purpose of procreation?

I dunno man, but some people eventually want to have kids.
procreation is okay

Fair enough, I suppose.

It still looks like your argument's only leg is the Coolidge Effect, but you'll find a way to cope with that, I suppose.


Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

Onepiece285
Onepiece285
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

ahaha that's a good one


\\\Da Blackhawks\\\--///Dancing preteen butts///--\\\2014 NHL Playoffs Discussion\\\--///Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching///

BBS Signature
VictorKorg
VictorKorg
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

I chose leaving this thread and you should too.


I believe in Lust at first sight.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to I chose celibacy and you should too Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

First of all , don't push your beliefs on others.

4: a stronger bond with your future girlfriend or wife.
Due to the Coolidge effect the more times you have sex with your wife the more disinterested you become in her, a truly strong relationship can out-stand all hardships and even not include sex.
Be enamored with the person not their genitals.

Secondly, this isn't true. Introducing a new sex partner immediately after the male just had sex shortens or eliminates the refractory period so instead of needing some rest time, he can have sex again right away. In no way at all does this apply to a couple in the human world. So the coolidge effect has nothing to do with whether a human couple is interested in each other sexually.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature