00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I chose celibacy and you should too

5,827 Views | 79 Replies

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 01:09:35

Sounds more like a way of compensating for one's inability to get laid. I can assure you, even if I had to make a conscious effort to avoid sex and succeeded, I would feel no sense of accomplishment.

3- A healthy lust for a good relationship later in life
More like a rather unhealthy and barely suppressible desire for sex which can be controlled only by frequent masturbation.

Be enamored with the person not their genitals.
Why not both?

You sweet little boy, I see you gettin' all fiesty.
Don't think I'm not watchin' you, sweet cheeks.

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 01:10:05

At 6/30/12 12:32 AM, naronic wrote:
At 6/30/12 12:09 AM, Revo357912 wrote: 1) Coolidge effect is only a theory based on observation. Not only that, it is most predominant in the males and does not say they are bored of their sexual partner; rather, they "exhibit renewed sexual interest if introduced to new receptive sexual partners". Not only that, it is not about not having sex, but about not having too much sex with the same partner. If you continually support the Coolidge Effect for your argument, you are also supporting polygamy and that humans should not be married to the same person for long periods of time.
No, I'm supporting celibacy and more importantly abstinence. Just because I love apples doesn't mean I hate oranges.
Secondly it's good that you provided your links, but as I've said, I'm not against masturbation and are well aware of the physical benefits sexual stimulation.

Again, wrong. As I said, the Coolidge effect comes from having the same sexual partner overtime, not from having a lot of sex with different people or from having a lot of sex with the same person. In fact, having sex with different people negates the effects of the Coolidge Effect. Therefore, if you use the Coolidge effect to argue that celibacy should be done because if it is not done the Coolidge Effect will happen, then you are also opposing the Coolidge Effect, and if you oppose the Coolidge Effect, and want to combat it, then that means you support Polygamy, since that would help prevent the Coolidge Effect.

Also, Celibacy is to not have sex; therefore, you don't actually combat the Coolidge Effect with Celabcy, but just prevent it altogether. It amounts to the same as saying "If I drink poison, I will die, but if I don't drink poison, I won't die". In your case, "If I have sex with someone, the Coolidge Effect will start taking effect, but If I'm Celebate, then I'll never experience the Coolidge effect".

So lets focus on the Coolidge effect for now.

Firstly, any kind of theory you can come up with is based on observation so not quite sure where you were trying to go with that. The observation in this case is very real and very valid so I wouldn't write it off as theory.

My point was the kind of observation. This was observation (at least when it came to humans) based only on Germans, not on the whole of the human species. Also, its a theory because it is just that: an observation. Humans interpret observation differently (example: Double Standard), which is why you write this off as theory and not Law.

The varying time until climax shows or rather proves a very ordinary fact with attraction and interest, in that it dissipates over time. That dissipation occurs with sexual encounters more than anything, so yes it is about having sex.

you just disprove your point though: its about sexual encounters with the same person. So yes, its about sex, because the Coolidge Effect only occurs when sex occurs. Again, see my previous example with the poison.

Now here's where my argument goes belief based so bear with me, I've seen a lot of divorces, many of them happening out of disinterest in the original partner and eventual emotional fallout. All sex can do at this point is accelerate the process.

Okay, heres another little peice of information then:
Humans had more sex in the 1900's, and practically no divorce compared to today.
Now, what else has changed since those times? Here's a big one:
Women's Rights
Now, if they want to divorce, they actually can much more easily than back then. If human relationships were mainly determined by sex, we'd be a much more simpler species, don't you think? Not only that, but disinterest is not just because of sex, in fact, its mostly because of personality (Example: http://www.friendsandbeyond.com/2007/06/why_some_men_be.html ). Not only that, but most of the time, it is recommended to use sex as part of a process to fix disinterest in relationships (example: http://www.gettheguy.co.uk/attract-men/keep-a-guy-interested /).

The perfect relationship, IMO, is one that focuses entirely on the emotional connection and bonding of both partners. Can that be done with other methods? Yes, but celibacy, more specifically refraining from "sex for fun", can work better in that regard.

That's where it shows you lack serious experience when it comes to mature relationships, and it's your lack of experience that has given you this decision. You see, when you really love someone, sex isn't "just for fun". It is, in a sense, the ultimate emotional connection; you do it not for the pleasure, but for the love you have for one another, to please the other. Celibacy does not give that intimacy in a relationship, and can therefore weaken the bond between two people, as opposed to sex.

Also, another thing you fail to understand, however, mostly due to your lack of experience, is when people have "sex just for fun", they are not looking for a relationship in the first place.

If you're dealing with problems in your relationship the last thing you need is disinterest.

Which is why you look for ways to spice things up, sex included. Again, doing celibacy in a troubled relationship is the last thing to do, since the other person will think you are becoming disinterested in them completley.
And remember, before you absent-mindedly make the same mistake, the Coolidge Effect takes effect once you start having sex with someone, therefore you cannot use celibacy to stop the Coolidge Effect as that Celibacy has already been broken.

In a way orangebomb articulated this involuntarily, "Yes, and half of all marriages in this country end in divorce, try explaining that then."

And women in this country have the most power in the world when compared to other countries.
Go to central Ghana and say that if a women is being abused, she should "divorce". 9/10 they will either laugh or ask what that is. (I've been there too, so I'm not really making this up).

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 01:40:06

At 6/29/12 07:15 PM, naronic wrote:
blah blah blah I'm cool for not having sex and I have this awesome beard on my neck and I have made my basement den very comfortable, mom didn't even mind that I redecorated it.

I tried being a vegan once. I think success in that department is just as likely as success in this one.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 01:52:35

What's your stance on masturbation?

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 02:05:09

I'm married and I didn't need celibacy in order to have an awesome relationship or have a "healthy lust".

Also, marriage and relationships have their own lessons in self-control. Having sex with only one person and choosing to be faithful to that person. It's easy to be faithful yet hard for most.

Actually relationships are immensely stronger when sex, love, communication, and other aspect all work together. Often times in relationship where sex wasn't established till marriage ended up ruining their relationship because sex, something that seemed taboo, was put off for so long is now added to their relationship. Most people in relationships such as this are often quoted like was better before sex. It's hard to forbid a natural thing as sex then suddenly say it's okay. It fucks up people's receptors and most relationships don't know how to handle the new activity.

Despite I have disdain for people that have random sex with multiple partners (sluts, lmao) there are ways, healthy ways, of preventing STDS such as condoms, dental dams, and even testing.

For preventing pregnancy, there's again, condoms, pills, depo shot, implant (implanon), and the IUD. They're even figuring out male birth control although I doubt that will work.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 02:34:29

At 6/29/12 07:15 PM, naronic wrote: I write this at 18 going into college, a trooper for abstinence I have established 3 different abstinence organizations since I started high school. The truth is sex is not as important as people and the media make it out as.
Here are some benefits to not having sex until marriage, "and even after marriage".

By the way this applies for all sexes and sexualities

1: STD's, pregnancy's don't need introduction
2: The feeling of accomplishment by self control
3: A healthy lust for a good relationship later in life

4: a stronger bond with your future girlfriend or wife.
Due to the Coolidge effect the more times you have sex with your wife the more disinterested you become in her, a truly strong relationship can out-stand all hardships and even not include sex.
Be enamored with the person not their genitals.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gay/10.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 02:36:55

At 6/29/12 07:15 PM, naronic wrote: Due to the Coolidge effect the more times you have sex with your wife the more disinterested you become in her

Or you're doing it wrong.

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 02:40:18

At 6/29/12 10:09 PM, Suprememessage wrote: If your parents are still alive explain to them that you don't plan on having any children and you refuse to continue your family, when you die you want your bloodline to die with it. I'm sure they'll be dissappointed in you OP, very dissappointed.

I am beginning to dislike the argument that it is inherently a virtue to procreate and enable your genetic code to continue. The world is full and there is nothing particularly special about my DNA. If I have children it will not be because it is a bad thing to not continue your bloodline. I've got relatives who can do that for me and who already have.

Anyway, good luck to OP with the whole celibacy thing. When you enter into an adult relationship. you'll see that sex is actually a pretty good way of expressing love and it will become increasingly bizarre that you are refusing to have sex with your partner when it will seem like the most obvious and natural thing in the world and something both of you have strong urges to do.

Unless you get married at 19 because you refuse to get your dick wet without putting a ring on a woman and you really want to get your dick wet. And then get divorced at 21 because 19 is far too young to be marrying anyone.

All the STD and pregnancy issues that allegedly arise from a failure to be abstinent can be prevented through condom use.

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 03:01:09

At 6/29/12 10:09 PM, Suprememessage wrote: If your parents are still alive explain to them that you don't plan on having any children and you refuse to continue your family, when you die you want your bloodline to die with it. I'm sure they'll be dissappointed in you OP, very dissappointed.

I hope you realize that it's not just celibates who "choose" to end their bloodline.

Gays and lesbians make that choice all the time just by the nature of their sexuality.

It also strikes a personal chord when you say that.

So think a little harder before you post.

/Hurt feelings

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 03:06:03

Celibacy is stupid, that's what makes potential rapists. If you have sex in moderation, then you're fine.
I'd rather keep my nads and reproduce.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 03:08:53

i doubt this is authentic but you should not be 'generating lust' for your 'ultimate wife'. and bein a monk or whatever is fine, hope you enjoy being sexually incompatible to your wife (that is if she's more sentient than a anime pillow)

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 03:11:37

At 6/30/12 03:01 AM, Painbringer wrote:
At 6/29/12 10:09 PM, Suprememessage wrote: If your parents are still alive .... I'm sure they'll be dissappointed in you OP

There are also infertile women and men who might have had cancer or another serious disease, people with genetic abnormalities they don't want to pass on their genes, people with mental health problems who are unsure whether they could cope with having a child and a million other people with a million other reasons for not wanting to take care of a squealing infant until it becomes an adult and beyond and I don't think it's for Suprememessage to say anyone who chooses not to continue their bloodline is disapponting their parents. Certainly a thoughtless post all-round, but a pretty stupid argument for having sex anyway.

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 03:36:01

At 6/29/12 07:56 PM, naronic wrote:
At 6/29/12 07:27 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 6/29/12 07:15 PM, naronic wrote: , pregnancy's
I stopped right here. Fix your punctuation and think of something better to write.
If you stopped right there for that then you are a moron and probably would be incapable of understanding the message I'm trying to convey anyway.

I hope your some kind of sick troll. You do know that masturbation, and a healthy sex life acutally is good for the male body right? Most of that crap about distancing yourself because of sex is just bullshit.

Regular orgasms and ejaculation help with prostate health and regulation.

Orgasms are a great way to relive stress of daily life. There are other ways but this is a very easy, free and viable access.

There are many untold benefits of not forcibly penting yourself up, for the sake of being 'pure' or overly 'safe'. Common sense will save you there, although I will agree today's generation is a bunch of fucktards.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 03:38:00

At 6/29/12 07:18 PM, zag wrote: OP is a faggot.

seconded.

OP is just another newgrounds virgin on the loose in denial that they choose not to have sex when they just too damn ugly.

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 12:48:05

Again, wrong. As I said, the Coolidge effect comes from having the same sexual partner overtime, not from having a lot of sex with different people or from having a lot of sex with the same person. In fact, having sex with different people negates the effects of the Coolidge Effect.

If you're honestly trying to tell me what I'm arguing for then you're reducing your authority on the subject by a gross margin. I already told you what I'm arguing for and how it pertains to the Coolidge Effect, you're not Dr. House, don't pretend to be. Let's get back on track-

What I stated was that the Coolidge Effect indeed happens with having sex with the same person over time, and it's effect on a relationship. By stating the obvious that having sex with multiple people reduces the effects of the Coolidge Effect only serves to further prove my point, you don't want to end up cheating do you?

Also, Celibacy is to not have sex; therefore, you don't actually combat the Coolidge Effect with Celabcy, but just prevent it altogether. It amounts to the same as saying "If I drink poison, I will die, but if I don't drink poison, I won't die". In your case, "If I have sex with someone, the Coolidge Effect will start taking effect, but If I'm Celebate, then I'll never experience the Coolidge effect".

^Re-read this paragraph again to understand what I'm trying to argue.

My point was the kind of observation. This was observation (at least when it came to humans) based only on Germans, not on the whole of the human species

The Coolidge effect has been observed in all mammals tested first
If you're honestly trying to refute my claim by proclaiming that the results might be different with different race of humans than you're already falling face first into a pool of fallacy.

The Coolidge effect works with the dopamine levels in the brain, something that every species has no matter how much variance is in their gene pool, especially not something as superficial as skin color.

you just disprove your point though: its about sexual encounters with the same person. So yes, its about sex, because the Coolidge Effect only occurs when sex occurs. Again, see my previous example with the poison.

Oy vey,
read my posts again.

Okay, heres another little peice of information then:
Humans had more sex in the 1900's, and practically no divorce compared to today.
Now, what else has changed since those times? Here's a big one:

Not so fast, source?
Even if this is partially true do you realize how taboo divorce was in rural America before the 1970's?

http://www.gettheguy.co.uk/attract-men/keep-a-guy-interested /

I understand where this is coming from but this still doesn't reverse the Coolidge Effect.

You see, when you really love someone, sex isn't "just for fun". It is, in a sense, the ultimate emotional connection; you do it not for the pleasure, but for the love you have for one another, to please the other.

I view that a strong emotional connection could happen with anything, such as going out together, kissing or embracing each other.
Also I reject your stipulation that I lack experience. I have had 3 serious relationships CONSECUTIVELY all through high school.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 13:16:08

I get the OP from a spiritual viewpoint (I don't agree with his specific arguments but more the general concept), quite often I get pissed of when a girl I like (as in the company of and as a friend) comes onto me as I'll invariably have sex with them 'cos I'm a dude and after that point my viewpoint changes from them being a cool girl to hang around with to an addiction fuelled resource.

Generally I try to escape that by only having sex with strangers and in long-term relationships whilst leaving fuck buddies completely out the equation. Cutting sex out of life altogether would probably be a bit hard for me physcologically and then there's also the health benefits others have listed.

On a slight tangent in reply to those who advocate sex for the purpose of reproduction though I'm pretty fast to disagree, the world is currently going through an energy crisis due to overpopulation and if anything we should limit births through adoption and forced sterilization of those with undesirable traits. Whilst I am superior to the majority of the population in terms of overall ability I probably will chose to adopt anyway due to shitty genes which would probably leave my child with an array of mental disorders and a life expectancy of 10.

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 13:30:40

At 6/30/12 01:52 AM, homor wrote: What's your stance on masturbation?

I am fine with it.

Actually relationships are immensely stronger when sex, love, communication, and other aspect all work together. Often times in relationship where sex wasn't established till marriage ended up ruining their relationship because sex, something that seemed taboo, was put off for so long is now added to their relationship. Most people in relationships such as this are often quoted like was better before sex. It's hard to forbid a natural thing as sex then suddenly say it's okay. It fucks up people's receptors and most relationships don't know how to handle the new activity.

I agree, minus the sex part.
The Coolidge effect makes it clear how bad sex can be for a relationship.

I can see where you're coming from, I just made a few modifications.

Celibacy is stupid, that's what makes potential rapists.

no it doesn't, don't be silly

i doubt this is authentic but you should not be 'generating lust' for your 'ultimate wife'. and bein a monk or whatever is fine, hope you enjoy being sexually incompatible to your wife (that is if she's more sentient than a anime pillow)

Being "sexually incompatible doesn't matter"
We're emotionally compatible.

Imagine my surprise when this turned out NOT to be a parody thread. Why anyone would choose to have blue balls is beyond me.
That's right, let's all be celibate because fucking the same woman too often will result in boredom.

Many reasons I stated that you can acquire from reading through the thread.
The Coolidge effect for one sexual interest diminishes with sex.
I feel that there are many ways of establishing a strong emotional connection with women.

In fact in one of my relationships in high school both me and my girl were celibate, but would do many things together such as intimate (I.E kissing/hugging, don't get the wrong idea) and going out. It was a real blast, a blast that lasted longer than sex ever could.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 13:47:33

At 6/29/12 10:08 PM, Chdonga wrote: Meh. I tried to be a Celebi, but then I thought, "Nah, that's retarded." and decided I'm not gonna be a hound and try to fuck : anything with legs, but if I encounter someone who wants to fuck, I won't hesitate to give it up.

I once tried to be a Celebi too, it didn't work.

OP, your definition on the Coolidge effect is wrong, it's not that if you have sex with your partner you will become disinterested but rather you gain sexual interest agian if you're presented to a new partner. Which also means you're defending polygamy.

Pic Related it's me trying to be a Celebi.

I chose celibacy and you should too

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 13:48:20

Oh no this wouldn't be right besides the wife would go mad LOL. But I must say good efforts on your part and do what's best for you.

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 16:49:38

All I can see in the first post is instructions on how to drive your wife into an affair. Am I reading it wrong or something?

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 17:23:29

At 6/30/12 04:43 PM, Razzar508 wrote: Okay just because you are against sex doesnt mean everyone else is gonna stop having it. I for one like sex therefore I will have it. As long as youre not a total slut and fucking everything around you there's nothing wrong with it. It's natural and it's the reason you're here today. Maybe you are just afraid of sex or afraid of being ashamed of your dick size?

Why would I be afraid of sex?
Also penis size? What?

I think there's a misunderstanding here, I'm not trying to force you to stop having sex, I'm just giving reasons why it could be bad for a relationship in hopes that I can get more people to see my point of view.

All I can see in the first post is instructions on how to drive your wife into an affair. Am I reading it wrong or something?

A cheating wife covers a different matter entirely.
I will say this though, the growing disinterest with sexual encounters through sexual encounters can and has resulted in affairs in the past.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 17:38:02

At 6/30/12 03:01 AM, Painbringer wrote:

Gays and lesbians make that choice all the time just by the nature of their sexuality.

It also strikes a personal chord when you say that.

/Hurt feelings

So you're gay? I'm so sorry man, I didn't know.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 17:40:33

UR DESKRIBING TEH COOLIJE EFFET RONG

OY-flipping-VEY

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/20 1108/porn-novelty-and-the-coolidge-effect
Since nobody's willing to read further into this,

"What happens when you drop a male rat into a cage with a receptive female rat? First, there's a sexual frenzy. Then, the male progressively tires of that particular female. Even if she wants more he has had enough. However, replace the original female with a fresh one, and presto! The male revives and gallantly struggles to fertilize her. You can repeat this process with fresh females until he nearly dies of exhaustion. Scientists know this phenomenon as the Coolidge Effect and it has been observed in females, too. "

To put this in my terms, THE MORE SEX YOU HAVE WITH YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND THE MORE TIRED AND EVENTUALLY DISINTERESTED YOU BECOME OF HER, HENCE "First, there's a sexual frenzy. Then, the male progressively tires of that particular female. Even if she wants more he has had enough"

One of the points everyone's so zoomed into the pixels on but yet is only tangentially related to my topic is the fact that if introduced to another female his sexual libido is restored, and even this further proves my point to a degree. Yet constantly people keep creating the false impression for themselves that I'm supporting polygamy.
At first I thought this was stupid as all heck, but I see I have to pry your eyes open now.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 17:42:43

At 6/30/12 05:18 PM, Light wrote:
Who says having sex entails a lack of emotional bonding with the person you have sex with?

Sex can include bonding, but it also has reverse side effects.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 17:51:23

Despite what the OP thinks, not having sex is bad, women have lust just as much as men and may leave you BECAUSE OF NOT HAVING SEX.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 21:11:13

When it comes to you, I'm guessing it's not really a matter of choice.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 21:27:51

You can say what your choice is and I will respect that

But don't say what we should all do and force your opinion on us >_<

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 22:50:26

Celibacy is stupid. What happens when you find someone special and you completely suck at fucking and can't please them? you need experience. You should watch the Bullshit episode where they cover this topic.

I was celibate for a short time until a certain point in my mid teen years. Then I thought "wait, this is dumb" and started being sexually active.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-06-30 22:58:53

At 6/30/12 10:52 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 6/30/12 10:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was celibate for a short time until a certain point in my mid teen years. Then I thought "wait, this is dumb" and started being sexually active.
Short time here meaning childhood? Now, and I may just be crazy, but in my personal experience childhood isn't really regarded as the most sexually active point in a person's life.

No, I decided that I would wait until I found someone "special" but changed my mind at some point in high school.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to I chose celibacy and you should too 2012-07-01 00:05:05

At 6/30/12 10:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Celibacy is stupid. What happens when you find someone special and you completely suck at fucking and can't please them?

Sex isn't a skill, don't be silly.

BBS Signature