• 14 Replies
darklink4567
darklink4567
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:04 AM

What are the chances these days of actually getting caught doing these? Nowadays with pirating being like a normal thing, you would think there would be extra measures being taken. So what are the chances of actually getting caught torrenting and all that?

Dice9Y4
Dice9Y4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:08 AM

At 6/29/12 01:04 AM, darklink4567 wrote: What are the chances these days of actually getting caught doing these? Nowadays with pirating being like a normal thing, you would think there would be extra measures being taken. So what are the chances of actually getting caught torrenting and all that?

i hope bad, because i do it ALLLLL the time

Perfect signature done by TheColourAwsome

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:08 AM

At 6/29/12 01:04 AM, darklink4567 wrote: What are the chances these days of actually getting caught doing these? Nowadays with pirating being like a normal thing, you would think there would be extra measures being taken. So what are the chances of actually getting caught torrenting and all that?

I heard you ISP will be cutting the internets of those who pirate unless they say "UNCLE".

It's happening on july I think.

BBS Signature
EmilyDotson
EmilyDotson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:09 AM

I was "caught" once when my ISP found that I downloaded Where The Wild Things Are, they told me not to do it and I went back to doing it. Now I pirate more than ever.

BurningJesus
BurningJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:16 AM

You can get caught?

Farza
Farza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:22 AM

Let me put your mind at ease.

If you are caught downloading movies by your internet company, they will just send you a letter telling you to stop. If you don't do it after that, your fine.

http://www.comcast-notice-of-action.com/

I am a FAB

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM

0% chances if you live in a third world country like me!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
HAHA.

Chances of getting caught pirating

What a beautiful Duwang!

BBS Signature
darklink4567
darklink4567
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:34 AM

At 6/29/12 01:22 AM, Farza wrote:
Let me put your mind at ease.

If you are caught downloading movies by your internet company, they will just send you a letter telling you to stop. If you don't do it after that, your fine.

http://www.comcast-notice-of-action.com/

Well, it's just that I read this news article earlier about a woman who was fined over a million dollars just for download 24 songs. So, I just got a little concerned.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 01:40 AM

Usually you have nothing to fear. There is only like a 1.5% chance of them actually discovering or even caring that you pirated something. The one time my friend got caught pirating, she was sent a letter, and just ignored it. Nothing happened.

SpartanBunny
SpartanBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 02:01 AM

i got a letter from comcast because i downloaded a movie. what i found hilarious was that i had downloaded about 4 other movies at the same time and they were only bitching about 1 of them

Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 02:04 AM

0% chance as long as you're not an idiot who uses public trackers

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM

Meh, I was told that it's not really a big deal. Like you said, so many people do it now that it's hard to catch everybody. With technology nowadays they can find you, but honestly, they're really going to be going after the ones that host the torrent/torrent sites. It also depends what you torrent, because if you're doing all the popular pop songs there is a bigger chance.

I was also told that even if you get caught the first time is just a slap on the wrist. Even that is rare, but just in case they say not to seed and be a little careful.

Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 02:20 AM

the same with weed smoking.. theyre looking higher on tha chain.. if you text your friend about smokina bowl the cops dont give a fuck.. same with donwloading 10 songs

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 02:26 AM

At 6/29/12 02:10 AM, mothballs wrote: Meh, I was told that it's not really a big deal. Like you said, so many people do it now that it's hard to catch everybody. With technology nowadays they can find you, but honestly, they're really going to be going after the ones that host the torrent/torrent sites. It also depends what you torrent, because if you're doing all the popular pop songs there is a bigger chance.

What are the chances of getting caught emulating games?
1234567890=-Filler---Text-=0987654321

Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Chances of getting caught pirating Jun. 29th, 2012 @ 02:31 AM

At 6/29/12 02:26 AM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote:
At 6/29/12 02:10 AM, mothballs wrote: Meh, I was told that it's not really a big deal. Like you said, so many people do it now that it's hard to catch everybody. With technology nowadays they can find you, but honestly, they're really going to be going after the ones that host the torrent/torrent sites. It also depends what you torrent, because if you're doing all the popular pop songs there is a bigger chance.
What are the chances of getting caught emulating games?
1234567890=-Filler---Text-=0987654321

None. Cops dont give a flying fuck. They have donuts to eat, and parties to crush, you know.
negros fill my text negros fill my text negros fill my text negros fill my text negros fill my text

What a beautiful Duwang!

BBS Signature