Be a Supporter!

Borderlands 2 official thread

  • 6,624 Views
  • 144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 18:36:48 Reply

At 9/23/12 06:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is it even possible to get through this part playing solo? I'm near the end in Hero's Pass or whatever and this Constructor kills me instantly. Recommended level for the mission is 30 and I'm level 31. I have a shield of 2500 and my health's at over 5000. I can't dodge these missles or mortars or whatever they are and I'm dead as soon as I get hit once.

(Post-arrival at Sanctuary spoilers)

I'm in a similar situation. I'm playing solo and i'm at the part where the constructor kajigger takes Roland, makes you fight it, and then flies away with him to the prison and I can't for the life of me take its shields down and do actual damage without stopping to fight off the GUN loaders and such for a long enough time that it recharges it's shields. The only time I almost got the shields all the way down was when I lit it up with rockets, but now i'm out of them and apparently the ammo dispensers don't sell them. Times like this I regret being Zer0.

wat do, newgrounds?

KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 20:35:03 Reply

At 9/23/12 06:06 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is it even possible to get through this part playing solo? I'm near the end in Hero's Pass or whatever and this Constructor kills me instantly. Recommended level for the mission is 30 and I'm level 31. I have a shield of 2500 and my health's at over 5000. I can't dodge these missles or mortars or whatever they are and I'm dead as soon as I get hit once.

This game is extremely unfair a lot of the time. It's built for 4 people and not one, which I think is sort of bullshit. I want to enjoy it on my own right now.

Well at that part I sat back and used my rocket launcher which killed it in a minute my rocket launcher does 10k damage, but yeah game is extremely more difficult then first when it recommends a level for a quest it doesn't feel like the same level it mention is what you should be for the quest.
As for ending I did like it, it was far better then first but it also had the bit of lack luster afterwards.. although will say my siren looks scary as fuck with jacks face O_O

Other moxxi gambling machines & ammo most my money went into respawning you will die a lot solo & from few lets plays I've been watching even in co-op you'll die a lot, like borderlands 1 it's a game were sitting back is better then getting right up close and personal so snipers and other long range guns feel better when you're not having to get second wind every second cause game throws 4 plus shield/ goliaths your way.
But none less a great game and claptrap was awesome as always ;p


BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 21:21:36 Reply

At 9/23/12 09:59 AM, Convey wrote: I wanna discuss the ending a bit more but when more people finish the game. I thought the actual ending itself was much better than the first game, and everything leading up to it (the last half hour or so before the big boss fight) was challenging and fun.

How the bloody hell do you guys beat these games so fast?


I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 21:24:56 Reply

At 9/23/12 09:21 PM, Demonbrunch wrote: How the bloody hell do you guys beat these games so fast?

Some people are just better than you.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 21:28:57 Reply

Just met Tiny Tina. She is immediately my favorite character.

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-23 23:54:20 Reply

At 9/23/12 09:28 PM, Jester wrote: Just met Tiny Tina. She is immediately my favorite character.

I love her to death, and I haven't even played the game yet. Add the fact that she's played by Ashly Burch from Hey Ash, Watcha Playin'?, and you have one hell of a character.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-24 00:48:12 Reply

You know what would be awesome? If the borderlands 2 wiki didn't constantly re-direct to the pages from the first game.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Jackal528
Jackal528
  • Member since: Sep. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-24 07:08:29 Reply

At 6/30/12 02:31 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Is Borderlands one of those 20 dollar games?

Borderlands #1 is currently $20, borderlands 2 is about $70 atm
If anyones interested I have 2 copies of GOTY Borderlands (1) on steam that I can gift for other games/tf2 items or something worth of value

Kunera
Kunera
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-24 17:37:02 Reply

So yeah, just finished playthrough 1. Pretty fun, but I guess now I'll have to decide between starting new characters, doing random sidequests I left behind, and starting playthrough 2. Probably a combination of all of those choices, depending on my mood.


Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-25 08:06:37 Reply

So i rented borderlands 2 and Im level 10 with Zer0 and guess what happens the controller dies on me fuck!


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
Convey
Convey
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-25 08:09:02 Reply

At 9/23/12 09:21 PM, Demonbrunch wrote:
At 9/23/12 09:59 AM, Convey wrote: I wanna discuss the ending a bit more but when more people finish the game. I thought the actual ending itself was much better than the first game, and everything leading up to it (the last half hour or so before the big boss fight) was challenging and fun.
How the bloody hell do you guys beat these games so fast?

As far as Borderlands 2 goes, it's a bit of how I specced my commando (Survival) and my play style. I'm a mix of going right in and getting second winds over and over, and a little bit of staying behind my turrets while they kill everything around and shooting rockets/sniping at the harder enemies. Not to mention I played for hours at a time. >_>

As for people who are saying the last part is impossible, I felt like it was too. Having corrosive weapons, especially rocket launchers, and corrosive grenade mods will really help you out with the constructors and the robots. I was lucky enough to find a mod that not only was corrosive, but healed me each time I used it. Covering them with slag and then immediately switching to your corrosive weapons helps too. Utilize your character's action skill as much as possible. It's hard, but you should be able to do it. If all else fails, level up a bit more. :P


Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate
I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-26 17:15:44 Reply

But yeah I guess this game is significantly harder. I feel like they actally meant it to be solely 4 player, but that would actually make it even harder. But I think its just a matter of grinding. Trying to beat the last few levels while 2 or 3 levels underneath the recommendation is challenging.

But for reals, try that shit on true vault hunter mode.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-26 17:30:47 Reply

At 9/26/12 05:15 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: But for reals, try that shit on true vault hunter mode.

Man, that shit is hard. I got to the Southern Bay area or whatever it's called while doing that Symbiosis side mission and this Super Badass Bullymong kills me instantly and I just slowly take down its damage. Pain in the ass.

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-26 18:33:04 Reply

I just got completely fucked over by a super badass loader 5 levels higher than me. I guess I should do some side quests before I keep going with the story.

Convey
Convey
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-27 08:17:58 Reply

I'm level 43 now. My commando has two turrets with shields that also shoots rockets. It fucks shit up quite efficiently.

I'm about half way through the second playthrough now, it's significantly harder as you get more Super Badass enemies more often, but that also means more loot. I went into it with only 40k and some guns that I didn't realize were crappy until I noticed they hardly did anything to the enemies. As of right now I have around 350k and some insanely awesome weapons.


Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate
I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-27 12:36:40 Reply

Does anyone want to get together some sort of co-op team? Single player is painful to play once you've had the experience of how the game is meant to be played.

One of each class would be preferred also.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-27 16:29:04 Reply

You know what's AWESOME?

Logging on to find out that somehow my level 37 commando got deleted!


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-27 16:45:09 Reply

At 9/23/12 06:36 PM, Jester wrote: (Post-arrival at Sanctuary spoilers)

I'm in a similar situation. I'm playing solo and i'm at the part where the constructor kajigger takes Roland, makes you fight it, and then flies away with him to the prison and I can't for the life of me take its shields down and do actual damage without stopping to fight off the GUN loaders and such for a long enough time that it recharges it's shields. The only time I almost got the shields all the way down was when I lit it up with rockets, but now i'm out of them and apparently the ammo dispensers don't sell them. Times like this I regret being Zer0.

wat do, newgrounds?

I'm zero and I got through that battle pretty easily. Are you using elementals? Remember that shock damage destroys shields, and then switch to corrosive to kill the armor.

Convey
Convey
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 01:08:37 Reply

At 9/27/12 04:29 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: You know what's AWESOME?

Logging on to find out that somehow my level 37 commando got deleted!

That's fucked up. What system are you playing it on?


Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate
I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 01:16:43 Reply

Next patch needs to address the single player difficulty. Enemies in the single player mode need to be toned down some. Nothing wrong with the game having some challenge, but a game like Borderlands 2 being HARD works against it.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 01:31:14 Reply

At 9/28/12 01:16 AM, Cootie wrote: Next patch needs to address the single player difficulty. Enemies in the single player mode need to be toned down some. Nothing wrong with the game having some challenge, but a game like Borderlands 2 being HARD works against it.

No doubt, Terramorphous is fucking impossible solo with the Siren.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 02:33:26 Reply

At 9/28/12 01:31 AM, simon wrote:
At 9/28/12 01:16 AM, Cootie wrote: Next patch needs to address the single player difficulty. Enemies in the single player mode need to be toned down some. Nothing wrong with the game having some challenge, but a game like Borderlands 2 being HARD works against it.
No doubt, Terramorphous is fucking impossible solo with the Siren.

Oh man... on my first run I tried to fight it, was like I got this i destroyed every boss fairly easy then nope oh god level 52 enemy & it's a thresher that can't be phaselocked O.O currently 7 levels from 50 so hoping I will at least put a scratch in it's health this time around.

Vault hunter mode has taught me stay as far back as fucking possible or you will die infinitely, now that I keep a pretty big distance from higher level enemies VH mode is a lot easier and I have much more money currently 300K + :D


BBS Signature
Supasang
Supasang
  • Member since: May. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 07:10:11 Reply

So this game teaches you that getting headshots kills people, and that getting up close with things that have rockets and shotguns is bad? Army simulator 2012


"If music be the food of love, play on.'~Spongebob

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 13:00:28 Reply

At 9/28/12 01:08 AM, Convey wrote:
At 9/27/12 04:29 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: You know what's AWESOME?

Logging on to find out that somehow my level 37 commando got deleted!
That's fucked up. What system are you playing it on?

PS3. I don't even know what happened though, nothing out of the ordinary happened, I'm pretty sure.


" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 15:42:48 Reply

I really want Borderlands 2 but the only thing holding me back is that it seems like the game is near impossible alone. I understand the co-op focus of Borderlands, but it shouldn't be an issue if you choose to play alone. It's not that I can't find someone to play with me, because I suppose I could, I just prefer to play through by myself at least once.


BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 16:51:36 Reply

At 9/28/12 02:33 AM, KiDX05 wrote:
Oh man... on my first run I tried to fight it, was like I got this i destroyed every boss fairly easy then nope oh god level 52 enemy & it's a thresher that can't be phaselocked O.O currently 7 levels from 50 so hoping I will at least put a scratch in it's health this time around.

Vault hunter mode has taught me stay as far back as fucking possible or you will die infinitely, now that I keep a pretty big distance from higher level enemies VH mode is a lot easier and I have much more money currently 300K + :D

The developers themselves have yet to beat it legitimately they have said. It is made for a highly trained group of four already decked out in epic loot. The devs said that the only way that they can beat him is to resort to cheesy strategies.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-28 17:20:20 Reply

At 9/28/12 03:42 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I really want Borderlands 2 but the only thing holding me back is that it seems like the game is near impossible alone.

I'm a ways into the game and I wouldn't say it's impossible alone. Difficult, sure, but certainly doable.

Convey
Convey
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-30 07:49:27 Reply

At 9/28/12 03:42 PM, hitman1993 wrote: I really want Borderlands 2 but the only thing holding me back is that it seems like the game is near impossible alone. I understand the co-op focus of Borderlands, but it shouldn't be an issue if you choose to play alone. It's not that I can't find someone to play with me, because I suppose I could, I just prefer to play through by myself at least once.

It's not impossible, it's just very difficult and hard for those who don't have patience. I just solo'ed the warrior on the second playthrough with my commando. It's not that hard of a game to play through once. Terramorphous is meant to be a 4 man boss so I wasn't surprised at all when I only got it down to 3/4th health and then got destroyed.


Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate
I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-30 08:08:05 Reply

It took me like 40 minutes to beat BNK-3R solo a 2nd time.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Borderlands 2 official thread 2012-09-30 08:32:17 Reply

Got my siren to 50 everything is fairly easy now jumped back into normal mode to try terra =/ siren is deffo not a good class to solo it with, really wish phaselock would stop the movement of all enemies cause threshers are a pain cause all phase does is fire damage them :(

Terra only quest got left in norm mode so maybe I'll get lucky, I can get it to near 50% health left but you run out of ammo fairly quickly, although will say I'm surprised my 90K damage launcher doesn't do much too it I wouldn't expect a level 52 to take so much damage from a level 50 but terra probably will be easy a fuck when more dlc comes out and raises the level cap.


BBS Signature