New Topic Respond to this Topic
ChromeGuitarist
ChromeGuitarist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Awesome Mmorpg Idea 2012-06-28 05:27:01 Reply

I've been trying to perfect this idea for 3-4 years now, so far I've gotten a lot of the gameplay IDEAS worked out. What I need is someone to help me learn program and people to help develope this game, even if we have to start small.

The game relies heavily on the elements, fast paced, and very versitile. You have 12 elemets in 2 groups. First group; Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Metal, and one special element for both groups to be explained in-depth later. The second group; Death, Soul, Blood, Light, and Dark. Elements still need better refining, but that can be discussed later. This game is meant to be highly customiazble and also relies on the user to put forth effort. You can change to any weapon you desire in combat, and use any spell. The only limits on spells is a cool down, and you have 3 meters based.off the spells skill boost,basically Light, Medium, and intense level spells. The MP guages will charge at a decent rate. The game will expect the player to beable to survive and not take damage. You build up an element meter which functions a lot like the style meter in DMC except it only goes down when you get hit. This meter goes up based how versitile you can fight, and once you reach the higher rankings of it, you can unlock buffs that stay active while maintaining a high enough meter. Dodging is a must.

There will be 2 game types, Hardcore, and Regular. Hardcore can only play in HC mode while Regular can play on both servers. Hardcore mode gives enemies stat boosts, but higher drop chances, HC players also receive addiotional stat points per level, and are entitled to double the buffs by maintaining a high element meter. Also to state, I want the game to be pretty intense, basically not child friendly. You can equip one of each weapon type at once, and cycle through them. Some bosses will be more easily dealt with, with a more suitable weapon type. There would be no level cap unless I found a damn good reason to put one on there. You will also have a design equipmwnt window that is there so you can equip any item you meet the requirements to wear, and it appears as your default outfit. This can also be done with weapons. You also achieve a survival bonus, will go in-depth later, but HC characters have a larger penalty for death than Regular characters do. Equipment does have durability, but this only serves as to increase exp gain for equipment, whenever a weapon is completely maxed, it never needs to be kept up with in terms of durability.

There will be multiple classes, changeable as long as you are in a town. I haven't quite decided yet, but I was thinking of making certain class lock once you unlock certain other ones. Every character in the game will basically be a battle mage. Your characters will gain weapon proficiencies based off how much they use that specific weapon type. There will also be a weapon class proficiency which will go up based off getting certain weapon groups to their required level. I want the combat to be quick and unique, and one way of doing that is making special grab point for enemies. If your hand is near a specific grab point, not just front back or sides, it will initiate. Small enemies may be slammed on the ground or throan. Large enemies and bosses cannot be grabbed. The possible mount I was considering was wings the enable faster movement but not a freedom to explore over mountains. I've been also debating adding secondary and teriary elemnts for characters that can be unlocked at high levels. Not entirely sure though. Secondary and tertiary would add bonus damage to their respective weaknesses and give a couple of their elemental skills, half their elemnt damage, with no weakness from their respective weaknesses.

Skills will have an Over-Drive ability, making the skill more potent, but reducing an over drive counter that goes up based off damage dealt lowered based off damage taken. When skills reach their max level they will have a 1% chance to auto cast the over drive effect, without consuming an over drive charge.

Lately I've also been debating a PVP boss. Of course I want to play this game that's why I think about it so much, so I figure if it gets made, play the game myself, it would also help test balance. Any Immortals (mods) will have a character to play and use, granted extra abilities from other classes and elements, to be a pvp boss. Probably wouldn't allow them the skills outside of a special pvp arena though. Like I said the game will be intense, fast paced, vulgar and challenging. I do have more ideas but their on my friends computer, saved.

If their are any questions at all, post here, or message me. Ill try to reply often. Please help me make this dream a reality, I can gurantee it would succeed if people could see the exact idea in my head.

socratous100
socratous100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awesome Mmorpg Idea 2012-06-28 07:06:51 Reply

I didn't read any of that beyond the first paragraph. You're right, you should be willing to start small. So why would you try to create an MMO? Create a very small game before you try anything big, and to be honest I wouldn't recommend making an MMO to even experienced game devs simply because they are so time consuming in terms of development time.

You mentioned that you don't know how to program. Do you have any art/music skills? I'd suggest you learn at least one of these three skills (programming/art/music) and try to join some other projects before you pursue one of your own.

ChromeGuitarist
ChromeGuitarist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awesome Mmorpg Idea 2012-07-09 11:08:43 Reply

I'm more than willing to start small. I already had a small game idea set up,
start off with a mud, then try a flash/app, and try moving up from there. I'm
just looking for people to help me on my journey with this. I have musical
experience, friend just bought a 7 string and wants me to practice with it. =P
I'm hoping to just make my dream game come true and hopefully make money,
play a badass game, live well, and help people with the profits. I have a bunch
of great ideas, I just need a way of putting them to good use, and getting great
feed back. I'm still open to any questions. =D

I'm working on developing a refined text document, organized and all to copy
over. Please ask questions and help me develope ideas further.

Makki
Makki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awesome Mmorpg Idea 2012-07-09 12:25:51 Reply

The ideas and will is half the way.. im currently able to make simple singleplayer games, but i've been experimenting with some multiplayer aswell which after several months works fine except lag ;w;

ChromeGuitarist
ChromeGuitarist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awesome Mmorpg Idea 2012-07-12 05:12:47 Reply

At 7/9/12 12:25 PM, Makki wrote: The ideas and will is half the way.. im currently able to make simple singleplayer games, but i've been experimenting with some multiplayer aswell which after several months works fine except lag ;w;

Well keep working at it. I was more than willing to start with a mud to learn
some basic programming if I had to. I am still steadily expanding my notes for
the game, with aspects that can be changed as long as I have a greater amount
of people to help me refine the ideas I have for something better.

ChromeGuitarist
ChromeGuitarist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awesome Mmorpg Idea 2012-07-29 04:43:04 Reply

To anyone who is interested, I am still developing my ideas inside a text document
but I'm also wanting to refine a few more of the ideas, add find tags and index,
summerize a few ideas better so they don't seem so complex.

Anyone who has read from the top of the post to this one and still cares to
elaboarte ideas. Please send me a PM, I can send back some of my ideas and
discuss them and your ideas.

I'm also looking for art designers; wings, weapons, armor, environmental, enemy
and an "Elementally Enhanced" (a.k.a. Chaos Creature) version of that enemy,
character, and so on. Please remember anyone looking to help, let the element
that said person picked, be pronounced.