Be a Supporter!
Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Kostou Art 2012-06-27 20:17:56 Reply

Yo, thought I'd open up a thread since I've been drawing a lot lately...so here is a drawing i recently submitted to the art portal.

You all can watch me draw it on youtube at www.youtube.com/user/kostou100

tell me what y'all think.

Kostou Art

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 17:56:11 Reply

looks good. Hoping to see more from you.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 20:32:23 Reply

At 6/28/12 05:56 PM, PMMurphy wrote: looks good. Hoping to see more from you.

Thanks. This is a character I have in the art portal too. I made him up a while back and plan to use him in a comic book. What you think???

Also, if you're interested i'll link a big project im working on right now.

Kostou Art

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 20:34:00 Reply

At 6/28/12 08:32 PM, Kostou wrote:

By the way, your art looks great man. You have a lot of potential.

At 6/28/12 05:56 PM, PMMurphy wrote: looks good. Hoping to see more from you.
Thanks. This is a character I have in the art portal too. I made him up a while back and plan to use him in a comic book. What you think???

Also, if you're interested i'll link a big project im working on right now.
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 21:08:36 Reply

I'm glad you think i have potential i am actually finally taking it seriously for once and really trying to improve. (but enjoying myself too).

As soon as my mario piece is done i am going to begin preparing some stuff buisness side of it. The mario piece is supposed to resemble my talent as an artist so i plan to take it very seriously and do the best job i can and minimilzie misstakes, even though i already did one :(.

As for your big project sure i wouldn't mind a link. I think your character's are interesting.

Also a kinda implied message in my post is i want to see you draw alot and often because i think your on the right path with your work.

I personally don't like my art thread here very much because my first posts were a bit arrogant on it and i think it leads people away from commenting and giving feedback. Or maybe im just not drawing anything interesting :(

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 21:18:47 Reply

Hey man best of luck with the mario drawing. I hope you knock it out of the park so to speak.
Ok, here it is so far. I still have a lot more inking to do but you wouldnt believe the time it can take :(. Yes that is a familiar little alien in the picture. :). I like incorporating NG characters into my drawings sometimes because of my "long" history with this website. I think it's interesting to see them interact together.

At 6/28/12 09:08 PM, PMMurphy wrote: I'm glad you think i have potential i am actually finally taking it seriously for once and really trying to improve. (but enjoying myself too).

As soon as my mario piece is done i am going to begin preparing some stuff buisness side of it. The mario piece is supposed to resemble my talent as an artist so i plan to take it very seriously and do the best job i can and minimilzie misstakes, even though i already did one :(.

As for your big project sure i wouldn't mind a link. I think your character's are interesting.

Also a kinda implied message in my post is i want to see you draw alot and often because i think your on the right path with your work.

I personally don't like my art thread here very much because my first posts were a bit arrogant on it and i think it leads people away from commenting and giving feedback. Or maybe im just not drawing anything interesting :(

Kostou Art

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 22:59:03 Reply

It seems to me like the (alligator?) has not torso or midsection behind that armor. Might just be my eyes though.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 23:01:39 Reply

At 6/28/12 10:59 PM, PMMurphy wrote:

Watch me draw it at www.youtube.com/user/kostou100 might help you visualize it better.

It seems to me like the (alligator?) has not torso or midsection behind that armor. Might just be my eyes though.
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-28 23:56:42 Reply

At 6/28/12 11:01 PM, Kostou wrote:
At 6/28/12 10:59 PM, PMMurphy wrote:
Watch me draw it at www.youtube.com/user/kostou100 might help you visualize it better.

It seems to me like the (alligator?) has not torso or midsection behind that armor. Might just be my eyes though.

I'm really glad you showed me your youtube page. You have some nice videos. I should do something like this with some of my stuff, people will find my drawing styles and techniques very odd most likely mostly because i don't exactly know what im doing. I just do it.

Honestly i think its just how the character looks right now in the position its in that plays tricks on me. In the drawing you made it didn't have the same effect.

Also i can tell you have been drawing for a long time when your process and how accurate you draw your shapes/figures. You dont draw over lines as much as i do.

Also, im a landscape/cityscape guy. I have the most fun doing that stuff. But i need to learn how to do everything.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-29 08:56:01 Reply

Wow Thanks a Lot man.


I'm really glad you showed me your youtube page. You have some nice videos. I should do something like this with some
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-29 12:51:40 Reply

At 6/29/12 08:56 AM, Kostou wrote: Wow Thanks a Lot man.


I'm really glad you showed me your youtube page. You have some nice videos. I should do something like this with some

I thought i would clear up a misunderstanding. Although your stuff is still nice. I thought you did the video you subscribed too. With the black guy coloring iron man lol.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-06-29 13:17:48 Reply

"the black guy" hahaha. No problem man.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-07-01 11:19:08 Reply

Preloader to my flash! Tell me what ya guys think.
Also, I was going to show a background I finished but the file size is just too large. So, you can see it in my profile! Thanks.

Kostou Art

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Member since: May. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Kostou Art 2012-07-01 13:15:24 Reply

At 7/1/12 11:19 AM, Kostou wrote: Preloader to my flash! Tell me what ya guys think.
Also, I was going to show a background I finished but the file size is just too large. So, you can see it in my profile! Thanks.

Looks like something that can go on a soda bottle. Or some kind of food.

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Kostou Art 2012-07-01 18:34:22 Reply

Its decent

And i look forward to seeing more of your work, and some touch of color would be nice.

~X~


~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-11 20:54:46 Reply

Drawing I'm working on.

Thank you for the continued support through commissions guys! Love yas.

Kostou Art

SMJ
SMJ
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-11 21:05:45 Reply

Just had a look through the pieces posted on the page. A possible idea to explore is using darker shades to push some areas of the pictures back a bit a create a bit of depth. For example on the halo preloader having some small bits of darker tones on the left arm. Good work none the less.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-12 10:26:17 Reply

Danke schoen. You can watch it being drawn at my YouTube!

At 9/11/12 09:05 PM, SMJ wrote: Just had a look through the pieces posted on the page. A possible idea to explore is using darker shades to push some areas of the pictures back a bit a create a bit of depth. For example on the halo preloader having some small bits of darker tones on the left arm. Good work none the less.
Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-12 12:39:08 Reply

Good stuff, Kostou, but... your art looks too sterile to me.

And that's just what makes your art so recognizable.
Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-12 16:52:44 Reply

In response to Rambojoe and Saminat.

Kostou Art

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-13 18:38:48 Reply

Learn How I did this on my YouTube.

Kostou Art

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-14 14:59:21 Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4opkUlk7RI

Kostou Art

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-14 15:06:52 Reply

Your style reminds me a lot of Akira Toriyama's work. Which I love :3

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-14 15:21:32 Reply

At 9/14/12 03:06 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Your style reminds me a lot of Akira Toriyama's work. Which I love :3

I can't lie. He is a huge influence.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-14 22:20:23 Reply

Something I'll never finish.

Kostou Art

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-15 11:32:15 Reply

I really like how this turned out for some reason. Lifts the spirit.

Kostou Art

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-15 12:11:48 Reply

At 9/15/12 11:32 AM, Kostou wrote: I really like how this turned out for some reason. Lifts the spirit.

The colouring on these last few seems really washed out.

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-15 12:55:34 Reply

At 9/15/12 12:11 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/15/12 11:32 AM, Kostou wrote: I really like how this turned out for some reason. Lifts the spirit.
The colouring on these last few seems really washed out.

Ya, that is correct. I intentionally used the water color brush if you watch the tutorials on YouTube. And I kept light tones avoiding the shadows. It's a ballsy style, but something about it is attractive.

DooDooMeaT
DooDooMeaT
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-15 13:16:03 Reply

At 9/15/12 12:55 PM, Kostou wrote:

It's a ballsy style, but something about it is attractive.

I don't particularly think is attractive at all... it all looks unfinished and uninteresting... too me that is.


Like me on the FaceBook :D

Kostou
Kostou
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Kostou Art 2012-09-15 13:34:46 Reply

Can I ban idiots from posting in my art thread?