00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My sweet ass art dump.

19,574 Views | 140 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-09 07:25:42

Getting better with perspective. As a few more tips, try drawing a vehicle of some sort. Boats and tractor trailers are easy because they have a lot of long, flat, boxy sections. Try drawing an over head cab Mercedes Benz tractor trailer or a 1969 Dodge Charger from a sort of corner view to get the hand of it. Next, once you're able to get an acceptable vehicle, try drawing a room from that same perspective. It's harder to try with the vehicles first, so it gives you more of a feeling for the angles you need. Conversely, it also makes it slightly harder. But don't get discouraged! Just erase and redraw the lines! I think what you're afraid of doing is showing a rough product, and feel that erasing smudges or blurs some of it. Don't worry about that. Most professional artists do a rough sketch, darken the lines they need, trace it over again, and then ink and colour it. You don't even need to do that latter half though. All you need to do is worry about getting those dimensions and that perspective. Keep going man!

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-17 19:44:26

So i've completed my essay so now I have more time again to continue drawing. Yaaaaay.
Here's a sphere...

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-17 19:46:33

I don't know what the deal is, I took this picture like 5 times and for whatever reason every time it looks like someone sprinkled glitter on the page. This was the best I could do.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-18 10:08:19

Your stuffs so cute :3

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-18 11:31:47

At 2/17/13 07:44 PM, sweet21 wrote: So i've completed my essay so now I have more time again to continue drawing. Yaaaaay.
Here's a sphere...

Reminds me of Gato from Chrono Trigger

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-18 11:40:56

At 2/18/13 11:31 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/17/13 07:44 PM, sweet21 wrote: So i've completed my essay so now I have more time again to continue drawing. Yaaaaay.
Here's a sphere...

They Call me Gato. I have Metal Joints. Beat me up. And Earn 15 Silver Points

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-18 11:44:22

needless sardonic post

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-18 12:35:36

At 2/18/13 11:31 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Here's a sphere...

That was the idea.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-02-26 12:23:48

Aherm...Pat, Woolie and Matt in order from left to right.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-06 22:03:51

Yo. So I got that scanner/printer I've been meaning to get so I can stop taking picture of my art and actually scanning them. However my lack of thinking has resulting in something that should have been obvious since the beginning. Scanners scan single documents, I own a sketch BOOK. The sketch book is too big and the lid cannot close. I cannot scan my sketchbook... Oh what a world what a world. I guess I could always tear out paper; but that would make the idea of a sketchbook redundant.

Anyway, here is a new-ish drawing. Made them same day as the matt, pat and woolie drawing, but didn't feel like going through all the crap I usually do. I finally did it.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-08 13:52:48

Here's a drawing of JonTron using the image that appears at 1:02 from this video. I made afew different ones, I had to take this one alone.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-08 13:55:01

Here are the rest of the Jon drawings. The one on the right is my first attmept, the smaller one on the left is my second, what I posted by itself was the third attempt.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-08 22:41:28

Your shading is getting amazingly good for such simple drawings. The thing is though, the anatomy makes them look amateurish. Try focusing on that and not using "macaroni" elbows.

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-08 23:34:53

At 3/8/13 10:41 PM, VulpesHilarianus wrote: Your shading is getting amazingly good for such simple drawings. The thing is though, the anatomy makes them look amateurish. Try focusing on that and not using "macaroni" elbows.

Eh tell me about it. Everyone looks really stiff. And I think I may be doing that basic shapes method wrong, im pretty sure im suppose adjust them at one point because everyone just looks really round, and im pretty sure thats the major contributor to the stiff look. I took a tip from that episode and too advantage of the idea that a small curve in the spine can make a character look more relaxed.
I also tried that method where you kinda build along some lines until it looks like something.
I'll post the results soon, I dont have my camera at the moment.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-09 15:39:57

At 3/8/13 10:41 PM, VulpesHilarianus wrote: Your shading is getting amazingly good for such simple drawings. The thing is though, the anatomy makes them look amateurish. Try focusing on that and not using "macaroni" elbows.

You'll see what im talking about on the right. If I use basic shapes I keep the structure. I used an oval for the upper torso and kinda kept it. In the two drawings on the left I used basic shapes still but I shaped the character will lines rather that circles. You can notice this on the shoulders, where instead of using circles I just kinda made them. I like that method better since they dont look very stiff.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-13 17:16:10

Strike a pose mate!

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-13 17:17:54

Drew this guy. Double posting? Damn it, quit stalling me.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-15 16:03:33

Here are these drawings from the same page as yesterdays.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-15 16:10:17

Drew Oscar Peterson on the right hand side. Inspirational dude, made my favorite version of 'Oh Christmas tree. Here it is. Felt like drawing a cop on the bottom, looks more like a thug. Should look at a reference picture next time.
Guy on the left smoking in a scarf.
Hey super cool news guys, Skullgirls is my favorite fighting game ever made, you know what else? It's getting 3 new stages and two new characters. It's also getting announcer packs. Im super hyped, you should donate so ever more stuff will fly its way. Seriously, its rad as shit, I donated. So rad in fact I dont even have money but I donated anyway. Thank god nobody knows how bank statments work but me. Being the only guy in my family to graduate high school has its benefits.
Mo fuggin Skull girls!

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-17 01:47:36

I was rather proud of that picture on the right, I wanted to share it but the camera is so shit you can hardly see very much of what I put in. It's a damn shame.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 12:00:38

So I drew Cyan from FF6 because he's a friggin pimp.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 12:03:04

Oh, look who it is on the bottom left. You indie gamers should know who they are immediately.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 12:04:26

Im back as quickly as I came.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 12:07:02

And the last one I made. I'll do more later today, im kinda in the mood for it.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 22:40:24

Whats that? You didn't think i'd do it? How dare you think i'd go back on my word.

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 22:58:14

I dig your drawings. You really shine in some of them. I'd like to see different styles of illustration from you, maybe less cartoon-y.

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 23:19:17

At 3/30/13 10:58 PM, 372 wrote: I dig your drawings. You really shine in some of them. I'd like to see different styles of illustration from you, maybe less cartoon-y.

Believe me I try. I dug myself into a rut as far as style goes and I have no idea how to get out. No matter the reference picture I use the style always ends the same. I wonder if there's a word for that...Perfect example in 3...2...

I was practicing more dynamic shading....and realism....

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 23:27:26

At 3/30/13 11:19 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 3/30/13 10:58 PM, 372 wrote: I dig your drawings. You really shine in some of them. I'd like to see different styles of illustration from you, maybe less cartoon-y.
Believe me I try. I dug myself into a rut as far as style goes and I have no idea how to get out. No matter the reference picture I use the style always ends the same. I wonder if there's a word for that...Perfect example in 3...2...

I was practicing more dynamic shading....and realism....

I see what you mean. I feel like this is leaning more toward towards comic styled illustration, which looks more realistic. I feel by following correct and un-exaggerated proportions, while keeping your heavy line work, you could come up with some really nice looking work.

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-03-30 23:31:09

At 3/30/13 11:27 PM, 372 wrote: I see what you mean. I feel like this is leaning more toward towards comic styled illustration, which looks more realistic. I feel by following correct and un-exaggerated proportions, while keeping your heavy line work, you could come up with some really nice looking work.

Thanks! It means alot.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to My sweet ass art dump. 2013-05-27 19:54:19

Whats this? I haven't posted in a long time? A large influx of bees ought to solve this....

My sweet ass art dump.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature