New Topic Respond to this Topic
BigSweatySchilling
BigSweatySchilling
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Help reduce animating lag Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 10:51 PM Reply

Alright so I wasn't really sure where to put this on the bbs but I wanted to ask someone, somewhere for some advice on making my animation fla file to lag less. The FLA size is 83.1MB and the swf is 4.66MB. I don't know if that's like really huge or not but I just wanted to find some way where my animating wont be interrupted by lag because its getting annoying. some1 plz help

jagondudo
jagondudo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Help reduce animating lag Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 11:14 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 10:51 PM, BigSweatySchilling wrote: Alright so I wasn't really sure where to put this on the bbs but I wanted to ask someone, somewhere for some advice on making my animation fla file to lag less. The FLA size is 83.1MB and the swf is 4.66MB. I don't know if that's like really huge or not but I just wanted to find some way where my animating wont be interrupted by lag because its getting annoying. some1 plz help

it could be being caused by a number of things. Computer power for one, if you're using a lot of bitmaps, using the line tool a lot tends to make mine slow down sometimes. Having lots of effects like tweens, blurs on movie clips, glows and that kind of thing can make it run slower. Flash can't handle too many of those effects. You can try splitting your project by scenes and have an fla for each or optimizing your images now and then.

SirAlex
SirAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Help reduce animating lag Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 6/25/12 10:51 PM, BigSweatySchilling wrote: Alright so I wasn't really sure where to put this on the bbs but I wanted to ask someone, somewhere for some advice on making my animation fla file to lag less. The FLA size is 83.1MB and the swf is 4.66MB. I don't know if that's like really huge or not but I just wanted to find some way where my animating wont be interrupted by lag because its getting annoying. some1 plz help

That's not animation lag that's just file size.

Well you can start out by not using that many Movie clips they add a lot of memory to your file. Also for backgrounds you can make them in another art program( photoshop or gimp) and import it into your flash file.

Keep in mind that every stroke you make will add on to your memory.

also as previously stated it could be your computer but making the file size smaller will help.

hope this helps.

BigSweatySchilling
BigSweatySchilling
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Help reduce animating lag Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 11:11 AM, Alex616 wrote:
That's not animation lag that's just file size.

Well you can start out by not using that many Movie clips they add a lot of memory to your file. Also for backgrounds you can make them in another art program( photoshop or gimp) and import it into your flash file.

Keep in mind that every stroke you make will add on to your memory.

also as previously stated it could be your computer but making the file size smaller will help.

hope this helps.

Alright thanks man, also, do buttons create a big jump on the filesize or something, cuz I just made a low, medium, and high quality button, and after that, my test movie animation went from loading for like 2 minutes to 10 minutes.

SirAlex
SirAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Help reduce animating lag Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 01:39 PM, BigSweatySchilling wrote: Alright thanks man, also, do buttons create a big jump on the filesize or something, cuz I just made a low, medium, and high quality button, and after that, my test movie animation went from loading for like 2 minutes to 10 minutes.

no I don't believe so, movie clips add the most because they are more interactive then the other symbols in flash. You could be having trouble with the code.