Be a Supporter!

The next generation is exciting.

  • 1,163 Views
  • 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

And here's why:

Everyone thinks casuals are the scourge of the earth. I hate the word "casual", not because of what it stands for but because it has been thrown around too much, and has lost its meaning.

You so called "hardcore" gamers are ruining this industry. You demand developers stick to the stuff they used to or are currently making. That attitude is stupid and ignorant.

Nothing got anywhere without evolution. We went from single screen games in arcades, to home consoles, from 2D to 3D, from SD to HD, and so on.

That is all change. No one knew how 3D was going to work since everyone was used to 2D. It worked itself out, but only because gamers weren't such whiny assholes back then.

If motion controls are being shoehorned in to game, then donâEUTMt play those games and wait until developers find meaningful ways to implement them.

I'm not going to lie, I was born in 1996, so I wasn't around then. I did however grow up playing a used SNES and Gameboy colour games. I loved playing games, I didn't care what was new and what was tried and true, I just wanted to have fun.

Those games were fun, I would play something in my SNES and then my Gamecube, and have fun on both, I lost and I won, but I had fun. The Gamecube had better controls and graphics, but both were a blast.

When the Wii came out I thought it was stupid. I had gotten used to my Gamecube and I love it to death, I didn't want a new system that used stupid motion controls.

But then I played it at my friend's house. I wanted a Wii. It was fun as hell, and that is why we should play games, not play the same recycled crap that we played a year ago.

Games should progress, developers shouldn't be shot down for trying something new, because that is how new concepts get born.

I'm not saying don't play the games you love, but don't shoot down something new because you people think this generation is doing fine.

The next generation looks exciting. This generation is tired and recycling its shit. Stop being whiny and get with the times.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 05:49 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: The next generation looks exciting. This generation is tired and recycling its shit. Stop being whiny and get with the times.

But I don't want:

Kinect Sports
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Dance Central 2
Kinect Star Wars
Zumba Fitness
Kinectimals

and every other piece of shit churned out for the kinect. How can you be excited for kinect when not a single game of value has been released for it?

You demand developers stick to the stuff they used to or are currently making. That attitude is stupid and ignorant.

I welcome change, but not if every game becomes some piece of shit family fun time sports game.

wait until developers find meaningful ways to implement them.

Yet to be done. I am not immersed by waggling a stick around or waving my arms like a spastic.

Oh yes, they love to prance around their shiny accessible boxes with nothing to offer unless you're either:

*7 years old
*Happy to being limited to 5 good games a year

I want change, but I don't want gaming to exclusively become casualshit.

Only 1 next gen console has been announced, but I'm not really interested in the WiiU unless it actually has 3rd party support.


"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 06:13 PM Reply

Consoles are as boring as shit now. I just gave up on them and started palying on the computer.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 06:13 PM, BumFodder wrote: Consoles are as boring as shit now. I just gave up on them and started palying on the computer.

I'm inclined to agree that things are much more interesting on the PC at the moment, especially with the advent of Kiickstarter allowing independent studios with fresh ideas the resources to realize their ideas without publishers being cunts and stifling their creativity.


"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 06:05 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 6/24/12 05:49 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
But I don't want:

Kinect Sports
Kinect Disneyland Adventures
Dance Central 2
Kinect Star Wars
Zumba Fitness
Kinectimals

I'm not interested either, but I'm not being forced to buy them, so I wait until something interesting comes out.


and every other piece of shit churned out for the kinect. How can you be excited for kinect when not a single game of value has been released for it?

You wait until you see something of interest, I didn't say be excited for everything that is coming out, but don't a pessimist retro hipster.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 06:38 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: You wait until you see something of interest, I didn't say be excited for everything that is coming out, but don't a pessimist retro hipster.

There will never be anything interesting for it.

It is designed to cater only for children and families, not gamers.


"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Davidson13
Davidson13
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

I was never a big fan of motion controls. It is fun for a few minutes, but at the end of the day I don't want to move around while playing my games. I go to the gym to workout, not when I'm plugging in my console.

Though I am excited for the next generation consoles coming out in 2-3 years from now (most likely).


Jehuty, the ultimate mech!

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 08:20 PM Reply

I fully agree 100%

Ketzelkab
Ketzelkab
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 12:42 AM Reply

I love you start your thread by implicating that everyone thinks casuals are the scourge of the earth and saying that we are all so called "Hardcore Gamers".

This thread seems more like a projection of mad at gamers you know that disagree with you.

And then you tell us to stop being whiny and to get with the times..

But yes your point is still valid, games should always progress. I'm just confused on who your intended audience was for this thread.


Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?
Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Ninjafoo
Ninjafoo
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 12:57 AM Reply

New gen

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 12:42 AM, Ketzelkab wrote: I love you start your thread by implicating that everyone thinks casuals are the scourge of the earth and saying that we are all so called "Hardcore Gamers".

This thread seems more like a projection of mad at gamers you know that disagree with you.

I just find people who consider themselves "hardcore" are either hypocrites or they label people who have been playing games longer they than have as "casual". I just find the whole labeling thing to be stupid and without any meaning.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 12:59 PM Reply

I find most PC games to be boring. I mainly game on consoles.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
JonnyScatman
JonnyScatman
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Programmer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 01:41 PM Reply

Motion controls have been dying out and really just become something additive rather than the main feature like the Wii. The Wii U controller, for instance, offers gyroscopic and motion sensors as something for developers to toy with, rather than it being its main selling point. By that sense, I'm not too worried at all about the next generation regarding motion controls. I liked the IR sensors from all of this motion control business and can barely play FPS games without either that or a mouse.

If anything were to come out from this next generation, I really hope that all consoles get more great exclusives. To me, that should be the console's whole selling point -- games you can only get on that system. I am glad that developers can produce games for many platforms in console, handheld, and PC markets, don't get me wrong. But choosing which console to get, or ultimately what platform to get, is a difference in experience. Multiplatform games is where PC excels at. Why bother paying $60 for a console game when I can get a deeper experience with the same game for less on the PC? Think about it: better resolutions and graphics, more control styles to choose from, easier communication with friends, and mods. When consoles lose exclusive titles, something that separates them from other platforms, ultimately PC has the upper hand in pretty much all fields.

I'm talking like some "PC master race" neckbeard, so let's tackle some issues with the PC. DRM, while a worn-out argument, is still something that is an issue with PC. Consider the launch of Diablo III, for instance. It definitely had a rocky start, and many people could not play the single player mode because you had to stay online. On top of that, Blizzard set a 72-hour trial mode for people who bought the game digitally; this means players are limited to what they do on Diablo III, a game they legally bought for $60, for three days.

From a personal viewpoint, I could share my experience with Gotham City Imposters on the PC. First, I had to sign into a Games for Windows Live account. I say "meh" to this point since I had one from another game. Then I had to make a WB ID account to link to my GFWL account. Then after all of that, I get to "play" the game. I say "play" because the matchmaking is beyond awful. I even tried it on two different high-speed internet connections (AT&T DSL and then cable internet) and matchmaking barely worked. So I had to make two accounts and play a broken game.

So I guess in the end there are two things I want to see next generation: more exclusive games for consoles, and better user experiences for PC. Game generations go far beyond graphical prowess, it seems.


"Scatman" refers to the use vocal improvisation and nonsense syllables in jazz and hip-hop music made famous by people like Ella Fitzgerald and John Paul Larkin.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 02:25 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: AND HOW DARE THEY! How DARE THEY CATER TO THEIR TARGET AUDIENCE!

Why should they? They never used to be aimed towards children, but suddenly Xbox decides that they want to aim their games at families instead and thats all the shit you hear at E3 nowadays.

We want a new IP - sure, Halo is great, Forza is probably the best racing game out at the moment, but both series have got to their fourth installment now. When PS3 is getting about 10 new exclusives per year, we're getting another rehashed Halo and Disneyland Animal Adventure Sports Fitness 2.


DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
FlockMastaBack
FlockMastaBack
  • Member since: Jan. 11, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

Console gaming's dead; everything's either ports, joyless milking of franchises, "innovative" games that are really just gimmicky and practically unplayable, and forgettable B-list titles.

Although handheld gaming still has a chance!!!!!
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Is this just another one of those "Old people: Get with the times!" threads?

I'm all for games becoming more and more real, but certain games in a series (Age of Empires III) have changed so much that they just don't feel the same.

And yes, I do agree that there are no memorable Kinect games as of yet - Was even looking forward to Kinect Star Wars before I realized it's just minigames.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Member since: Sep. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 02:25 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: AND HOW DARE THEY! How DARE THEY CATER TO THEIR TARGET AUDIENCE!

Target Audience? They straight up said they were still catering for the "Core" audience. Those were there own words at the conference.


"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 05:05 PM Reply

I have three main reasons to be sceptical about the next generation of gaming.

First up, motion controls. I hope to hell that we don't see a continuation of this. They're awful, nobody likes them. The physical controller has been working just fine for the past few decades. I don't want to see that changed.

My second issue is a lot more significant, although I'm not sure if this has been confirmed because I don't really follow modern gaming as much as I used to. The lack of pre-owned games. If the game industry is seriously going to introduce plans to stamp out the sale of used video games, I can say that there's a 90% chance I will refuse to buy the coming consoles.

The exception to this will be if they lower the retail price of games. If they refuse to let gamers sell on their games when they're done with them, that is going to give your average gamer less money to buy new releases with. Currently people play a game, beat it, sell it and then use the money they got to buy a new retail game. Purchases of new games will be far less frequent than they are now. Not only that, but many people (myself included) depend on paying used game prices in order to play a lot of games.

Getting rid of pre-owned games if they don't lower the retail price of games is one of the worst decisions they could make, in my opinion. It's bad enough that you already have to pay extra to play some pre-owned games online. Defeats the point of paying less for a used game.

My final issue is that I don't like the idea of games becoming download only. I don't know if this is how the next generation will be, but if this were to happen, it's another reason that I'd stop buying modern consoles. This probably isn't an issue for your average gamer but I'm a collector. I like to have physical copies, although recently it's getting less worthwhile because instruction manuals are getting pathetic and collectors editions come with codes that you redeem online. All this to lower the cost of games, yet the prices have never fallen... someone care to explain that one to me?

So yea, I have nothing against new ideas and the way modern games play, but if they mess with the controls, pre-owned games or remove physical copies, I'm out. There are enough old school games in the world to keep me amused for the rest of my life (assuming the consoles hold out) so I'll quite possibly have no reason to continue gaming into the next generations.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 06:13 PM, BumFodder wrote: Consoles are as boring as shit now. I just gave up on them and started palying on the computer.

Me to, I've got a shitty laptop and i'm having alot of fun, especially with the huge selection of games.

The next generation is exciting.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 05:05 PM, Dean wrote: I have three main reasons to be sceptical about the next generation of gaming.

First up, motion controls. I hope to hell that we don't see a continuation of this. They're awful, nobody likes them. The physical controller has been working just fine for the past few decades. I don't want to see that changed.

Companies are starting to see that people have already gotten their fix. Nintendo is jumping out of the market, and Sony and Microsoft will at most push their versions for a year or two. I'd like to see motion controls used for things like aiming reticles, not for punching people.


My second issue is a lot more significant, although I'm not sure if this has been confirmed because I don't really follow modern gaming as much as I used to. The lack of pre-owned games. If the game industry is seriously going to introduce plans to stamp out the sale of used video games, I can say that there's a 90% chance I will refuse to buy the coming consoles.

This relates to your other point. Downloadable games will destroy the used market. I like what publishers are doing recently with their trilogies and their "selects" lines. 3 games for 1, or 1 game for cheap work quite well, but this is after the fact. I like to play games new, so if games go downloadable, this might affect me negatively.

I also like physical copies, and even Nintendo has announced New Super Mario bros 2 will be available as a physical or digital copy at launch, which signals a change for on of gaming's most notorious slowpokes.

So yea, I have nothing against new ideas and the way modern games play, but if they mess with the controls, pre-owned games or remove physical copies, I'm out.

I say give them time, they will figure out that they will lose a large part of their market, and find a happy medium between two markets, or at least keep doing what they are doing, releasing seperate games for different markets.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 02:50 PM, FlockMastaBack wrote: Console gaming's dead; everything's either ports, joyless milking of franchises, "innovative" games that are really just gimmicky and practically unplayable, and forgettable B-list titles.

Although handheld gaming still has a chance!!!!!

Clearly you don't pay attention. There are a ton of A-List console exclusives. But that fact just seems to be ignored so that PC gamers can win more arguments.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
FlockMastaBack
FlockMastaBack
  • Member since: Jan. 11, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 08:10 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 6/25/12 02:50 PM, FlockMastaBack wrote: Console gaming's dead; everything's either ports, joyless milking of franchises, "innovative" games that are really just gimmicky and practically unplayable, and forgettable B-list titles.

Although handheld gaming still has a chance!!!!!
Clearly you don't pay attention. There are a ton of A-List console exclusives. But that fact just seems to be ignored so that PC gamers can win more arguments.

Lmao I haven't played a game on this piece of shit computer in five years; by B-list I mean anything that isn't a major release (new Mario game, CoD, Skyrim, etc), which still leaves games primarily consisting of wooden characters & fuck-ugly "realistic" graphics and uninspired JRPGs. I mean, I'll see a good console exclusive every once in a blue moon, but not enough for me to have any hope for console gaming.

And I would point out my statement on handheld gaming, but given how fucking dense you are, it'd probably just fly over your head all over again.

Grebyr
Grebyr
  • Member since: Oct. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 06:01 PM, Asperchu wrote:
At 6/24/12 06:13 PM, BumFodder wrote: Consoles are as boring as shit now. I just gave up on them and started palying on the computer.
Me to, I've got a shitty laptop and i'm having alot of fun, especially with the huge selection of games.

Your gaming selection is amazing, fellow Zomboider.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 10:08 PM Reply

I believe we're going to see a major shift in how the video game industry is going to move forward. Until this point it has always been about expanding hardware, improving graphical quality and of course the obligatory trying out new ideas.

However, I personally feel that hardware and technical power (graphics0 can only go so far and in another generation or two we will see the industry hit that metaphorical brick wall.

Will be very interesting seeing that trainwreck unfold.


BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 06:49 AM Reply

At 6/25/12 07:54 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I say give them time, they will figure out that they will lose a large part of their market, and find a happy medium between two markets, or at least keep doing what they are doing, releasing seperate games for different markets.

I hope you're right about them losing a large part of their market. Maybe that's what it will take to make them realise that there are still a huge number of people who don't like paying money for a downloaded game. Are they going to ensure that the downloadable games people have bought will still be available for download in 30-40 years time? "Who will want to play the game by that point?" you might ask, well "me" is the answer and I'm sure I'm not alone. I own video games from the early 80's. I still like to play these games on occasion.

That's my main gripe with downloadable games. They're not going to be left on a server for people to download forever. You're paying for a product that expires, which is not what we're currently used to in the video games market.

Downloadable games may not be a completely bad thing though. If games do become download only, surely they will drastically lower the price. I say that with a tone of sarcasm because they probably wont, but the whole point of making games downloadable is to save THEM money. They'll tell you it's to make things more convenient for the gamers, but it's not. They're not paying to have discs printed, instruction manuals made, cover art printed and game boxed, yet I'm willing to bet they won't reflect that at all in the prices of downloadable games. They'll cost the same as physical copies always have.

Xbox Live and PSN have already shown me that the downloadable full games they have available are overpriced. You know something isn't right when it's cheaper to go to a game store and buy a physical copy.

People have predicted that the video game market is due another crash sometime soon and I think it's reasons like the ones I've mentioned that might bring that crash about.


BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 07:01 AM Reply

What I want to see done with motion controls is to only use them where they are beneficial and not where they aren't.

For example, use a controller to control most of the game as that is what a controller is good for. But if you want to pick up an item you can point your hand to the item in question and your character will grab it, simple things like that would make motion controls awesome as that is what they would work best for.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 12:51 AM Reply

So has anybody considering picking up a book?


I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

FlockMastaBack
FlockMastaBack
  • Member since: Jan. 11, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 03:22 AM Reply

For those of you who care to read this personal story of mine, hello, my name is DemonBrunch.

I, DemonBrunch, have only just materialized.

But in actuality, I used to go by the name "Rague"and I first registered here in 2006. I never had much to do with this place other than enjoying old sprite animations, the Madness Combat series (came in right around the release of the 5th one), and acting like a complete idiot on the BBS;

Even earlier that, I came to this site somewhere between 2003 and 2005, but I was so little back then, I was warned not to make emails or download ANYTHING on the internet by my slightly techno-phobic parents, and it wasn't until late-2006 I finally worked up the courage to make an email, and by extension, teach myself how to use a computer rather than just play CD-ROM games.

One of the earliest things I did, prior to being Rague (an annoying little twat, I assure you), was watch the Mario vs Sonic flash animation. I was still in the single-digits back then, so when I saw Mario and Sonic in the same screen, my face lit up: "OMG, Mario and Sonic in the same game? Cool!"

Soon after I became a member of the Demon WorldRPG. Heh, it's funny looking back and seeing that my very first post on this forum was so small and meek. I joined Kingdom Hearts Crew, Code Lyoko RPG, and Super hero rpg club, and the last one I specifically remember people like Slapdamonkeyzaz who I used to think had the coolest characters. I joined all of these clubs fairly late, at least it seemed that way at the time, but club standards were so lax back then I was warmly accepted despite my naivete. I joined in the ebaum/4chan/KittyKrew hate. It was a blast, feeling important in some giant network.

Those are good memories. I did lame things as well, like write a love poem to some girl I used to have a crush on in 6th grade (because ALL of my friends went on the same sites I did /sarcasm), and make stories where I tried to appeal to constant administrator and user-bashing, stories like "Tom Fulp Assassination" where I'd take pictures from Devil May Cry and Madness Combat and try to issue it as my own character.

Looking back at the post date, I guess I didn't "stop" using Newgrounds for a very long time. But I definitely think I took a hiatus (maybe not, since I never contributed artwork or animation to this site) after the first redesign (well, the one two designs prior to this one). Convincing myself that this site was full of posers and terrorists, I popped in every now and then to play Epic Battle Fantasy and watch Madness Combat Antipathy and Consternation.

So I'm not this wise, old user who would come back to look at his Lvl 50 account and accomplishments. But the problem is... I tried to log back into Rague, and I messed up the password enough times to warrant a "password lock". When it happened, I contacted an admin through PM through an alt. I never checked back to see if it was actually answered. The problem is I made the account in 2006, with a "test email" I never intended to use again. It was the name of a friend of mine in 5th-6th grade, hell, Yahoo may have deleted the email by now.

That said, I probably could keep pinging the admins so I can get a hint about the old email I used for Rague. I KNOW what my passwords would be, I just need to know what the old email was. Of course, how many would actually take this for granted? Maybe it's insignificant. Maybe I'm just lazy. Oh well, one day, I'll reclaim my old account and leave this one in the dust.

But for now, consider me "Gandalf... the White".

So what will happen now?

Well... I like anime, video games, plenty of flash games, Pokemon World Tower Defense, Abobo, Madness Combat, Gears of War, writing, Metal Gear Solid, Dragonball Multiverse, American Dad, Final Fantasy, and I hope to go into game development when I get out of high school... if I get out of high school. Community service requirements = headache.

While I like certain iterations of first-person shooters, I would like to see more video games that mix combat with puzzle-solving. Arkham Asylum, Half-Life, Portal, etc.

I'm looking forward to Prototype 2 (inFamous 2 disappointed me, especially compared to the first game), The Darkness II, God of War IV, Asura's Wrath, Half-Life 3 (WHENEVER IT COMES OUT), and pursuing a future advancement into online and PC gaming (if I ever fix up my computer for optimized performance).

Lastly, I must emphasize, I ENJOY anime. Ecchi, drama, shonen, drama, down to the Bebopesque level of emotion, drama, and action from shows like Lain, Champloo, Gurren Lagann, etc. I like the Miyazaki films after not understanding them as a child, I had Spirited Away, but now I'm looking for Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle. I like long animes, but I've given up on One Piece and Naruto. I don't have any regrets in watching Haruhi Suzumiya, The World God Only Knows, or Lucky Star, I prefer dubbed anime, but I am not obsessed with it. If the dubbing doesn't meet my expectations, I don't listen to it.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 11:03 AM Reply

At 6/28/12 03:22 AM, FlockMastaBack wrote: For those of you who care to read this personal story of mine, hello, my name is DemonBrunch.

I read the whole thing, only about half a paragraph related (slightly) to the thread. What?

At 6/28/12 12:51 AM, Demonbrunch wrote: So has anybody considering picking up a book?

Have they announced anything on the next generation? I swear I was just checking some sites out recently?

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to The next generation is exciting. Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 11:42 AM Reply

At 6/24/12 05:49 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: And here's why:

Everyone thinks casuals are the scourge of the earth. I hate the word "casual", not because of what it stands for but because it has been thrown around too much, and has lost its meaning.

I don't think that too many people think that casual games/gamers are a scourge, they simply don't want to play a bunch of glorified mini-games with tacky motion controls.

You so called "hardcore" gamers are ruining this industry. You demand developers stick to the stuff they used to or are currently making. That attitude is stupid and ignorant.

Your point being what exactly? People forget that game developers are a FRO PROFIT BUSINESS. They make games that they know will sell, because it's what the people want. You can't have it both ways.

Nothing got anywhere without evolution. We went from single screen games in arcades, to home consoles, from 2D to 3D, from SD to HD, and so on.

Again, what's your point? What does evolution in graphics have to do with "hardcore" gamers?

That is all change. No one knew how 3D was going to work since everyone was used to 2D. It worked itself out, but only because gamers weren't such whiny assholes back then.

Yes, and the Internet was very young back then where we didn't have forums like this to bitch and moan about trivial problems like that.

If motion controls are being shoehorned in to game, then don't play those games and wait until developers find meaningful ways to implement them.

On that, I will agree.

I'm not going to lie, I was born in 1996, so I wasn't around then. I did however grow up playing a used SNES and Gameboy colour games. I loved playing games, I didn't care what was new and what was tried and true, I just wanted to have fun.

Kind of deflates your argument right there. Regardless, the gaming industry in the past had similar problems to today when it comes to sequalitis and even graphics, but the media attenion of video games was minimal and there was no Internet to discuss about the problems.

But then I played it at my friend's house. I wanted a Wii. It was fun as hell, and that is why we should play games, not play the same recycled crap that we played a year ago.

Well people can have fun playing with the 360 and the PS3 with Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, it all depends on the person's taste.

Games should progress, developers shouldn't be shot down for trying something new, because that is how new concepts get born.

How exactly? Here's the problem, people want to say that the developers should do something new, but they don't go into anything specific. Not to mention the fact that there are specific developers for specific games, {i.e IW for shooters, or Bioware for RPGs} so there's no sense into messing with the formula if they don't have to.

Did I mention that game developers are in the business to make money?

I'm not saying don't play the games you love, but don't shoot down something new because you people think this generation is doing fine.

It's kind of hard to say that this generation is crap, when all of the reports and sales say otherwise. Not as creative as the past maybe, but there is always going to be some sacrafices in the gaming industry, and most logical thinking people know that.

The next generation looks exciting. This generation is tired and recycling its shit. Stop being whiny and get with the times.

Now your just trying to go both ways here. How 'bout you wait before you make a judgement on the next generation of consoles?


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature