• 6 Replies
dubsdance
dubsdance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Dancing Is A Piece Of Art Too Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Im a new dancer. If anyone can make good music for my style of dance, we could work together with a little team work. Music to POP, TUTT & SLOWMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=200d-W8f7gA

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Dancing Is A Piece Of Art Too Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

Hey man cool stuff. I hope you keep practicing. Most of the dancers you see on tv in those shows and compeittions have been training for years and are in really good shape. I was thinking about giving a critique on the few things i could notice but i decided to keep stuff to myself.

Your better then me i got 2 left feet and cant follow a rythem for anything. I honestly dont even like dancing i try my best to avoid clubs and those enviorments. But yea, cool stuff keep it up!

dubsdance
dubsdance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dancing Is A Piece Of Art Too Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

At 6/22/12 10:53 PM, PMMurphy wrote: Hey man cool stuff. I hope you keep practicing. Most of the dancers you see on tv in those shows and compeittions have been training for years and are in really good shape. I was thinking about giving a critique on the few things i could notice but i decided to keep stuff to myself.

Your better then me i got 2 left feet and cant follow a rythem for anything. I honestly dont even like dancing i try my best to avoid clubs and those enviorments. But yea, cool stuff keep it up!

thank you very much, i've been dancing for 2 month, and before that, i never liked ANYTHING about dance... something just happened to me that i went into that and started liking it. Going to the end, im here to go to the top

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Dancing Is A Piece Of Art Too Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

I could tell you just started it was apparent. If your taking this seriously want to do well for yourself it wont hurt to do some ballet classes. They will help you be nimble on your feat and improve your dexterity. Just do what artists do in general. Absorb as many ideas of dance as possible and learn how to step with the rythem. Don't do just one style of dance (when learning) and don't dance to just one genre of music.

dubsdance
dubsdance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dancing Is A Piece Of Art Too Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

At 6/22/12 11:04 PM, PMMurphy wrote: I could tell you just started it was apparent. If your taking this seriously want to do well for yourself it wont hurt to do some ballet classes. They will help you be nimble on your feat and improve your dexterity. Just do what artists do in general. Absorb as many ideas of dance as possible and learn how to step with the rythem. Don't do just one style of dance (when learning) and don't dance to just one genre of music.

my imporvement and practice is only by watching dance videos, i watch videos and i learn.
later in future, i would love to have someone beside that could teach and support me. aswell as learning new moves...

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Dancing Is A Piece Of Art Too Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

Your pretty good at dancing for a beginner. I'm no dancer nor know much, but I thin you should add some...I don't know how to say it...Ummf. Much of the video was moving very fluid like but you need to put some fast motion to a split second stop when there is a bass drop or something interesting like that in the song.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Dancing Is A Piece Of Art Too Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:30 AM

I'm sure there are many things that are considered art.
However this forum is mainly for paintings, illustrations and sculptures, and you won't find much userbase here who are that interested in perfomance arts.

You can have a go with the Audio forum, since you all have a love for music, but I won't guarantee stellar results there either.

BBS Signature