New Topic Respond to this Topic
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 01:03 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 10:22 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: It's official. I am doing a no character loss play through. I can't stand the thought of losing a character, that I restart long battles, even though some of my characters got some good xp or loot, because of one little useless grunt.

Still, I am only about to start chapter 8. I don't know why, but I am really slow at RPGs.

Don't give up! I adore that IS finally decided on making a casual mode of a fire emblem game to broaden the audience of fans, but seeing these games to the end with no casualties is truly rewarding in its own way. And downright impressive for a first playthrough where you don't know yet who you want to be there in your final team. Remember that you can always grind for experience in the monster skirmishes on the world map. But if those get too high level, take advantage of the battle box and keep fighting easier opponents' teams like Florina, Eirika, or Amelia. You can pair up your weaker units with your strongest for massive stat boosts, and even if they don't land the last hit, they still get full experience as if they took down the enemy normally on their own.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 04:31 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 10:22 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: It's official. I am doing a no character loss play through. I can't stand the thought of losing a character, that I restart long battles, even though some of my characters got some good xp or loot, because of one little useless grunt.

Still, I am only about to start chapter 8. I don't know why, but I am really slow at RPGs.

Don't worry if it makes you feel better I am only at chapter 12 after 23 hours of gameplay(More if you include my restarts)

My godly tactician found some of the worst luck in chapter 11 though. Got mobbed by many many units all with hit percentages in the 50% range around the 3-7 damage range and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM HIT ME!

It was frustrating because I was just about to beat the chapter too and was holding my self up in a defensive location. One of the last people I expected to die was my tactician but insanely bad luck hit him and had to start over. The luck was so bad I just went off and did the exact same thing again on my next try and go figure next time around he dodged all the attacks. Heck if he had dodged just one of the attacks in that onslaught he would have survived and there was at least a half dozen soldiers attacking if not more all around 50% hit percentage.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 02:55 AM Reply

I have 8 S class supports going into chapter 14 right now.

1. Avatar(Kratos) + Lissa
2. Chrom + Olivia (This was the only one I didn't intend to happen)
3. Lon'qu + Cordelia
4. Kellam + Maribelle
5. Virion + Panne
6 Frederick + Nowi
7. Libra + Tharja
8. Stahl + Cherche

Not sure yet who I am working on next as of now but I will probably know when I play more tomorrow.

By the way I just realized today I could use a second seal on Nowi to change her to a mage or wyvern rider which sets her back to level 1 with her attributes pretty much in tact. If I get her back to level 10 or change her to an advanced class would I be able to change her back to a manakete later with another second seal? Anyone happen to know?

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 08:56 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 02:55 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: I have 8 S class supports going into chapter 14 right now.

I have a question. I am assuming that upon attaining an A rank, you actually need to hear the support conversation for S for two units to marry? I have Stahl and Sully at A rank, but I don't want them to actually marry. Should I worry?

Also, I really want Stahl's hair for my avatar, it actually looks like my own.

I just beat chapter 9, and paralogue 2, still no deaths.

Nintendo just announced three new map types, from the Golden pack. One that gives you lots of A. Money, B. Experience, or C. rare items. I can afford one of them, and I might wait for the EXP one (the gold one is already out). Which one do you guys will help out in the later game the most?

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 08:56 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I have a question. I am assuming that upon attaining an A rank, you actually need to hear the support conversation for S for two units to marry? I have Stahl and Sully at A rank, but I don't want them to actually marry. Should I worry?

I believe that is correct you shouldn't need to worry unless you actually listen to the conversation. I haven't tried it myself but I am pretty sure that is how it would work.

Nintendo just announced three new map types, from the Golden pack. One that gives you lots of A. Money, B. Experience, or C. rare items. I can afford one of them, and I might wait for the EXP one (the gold one is already out). Which one do you guys will help out in the later game the most?

Well I don't know anything about the rare items or exp maps but as far as I could tell the gold map was pretty good at dishing out free EXP as well. The enemies literally don't fight you and instead just attempt to run away while you bash them around with your weapons taking their gold. You could then turn that gold into rare weapons or even characters by either buying weapons from the best weapons from bonus teams or recruiting strong powerful leaders like Ike.

So IMO just based off playing the map I would think the gold map would be most useful out of them all if you need a little bit of a boost.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 08:47 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 2/15/13 08:56 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I might go for the gold pack then.

Current progress: No deaths, beat chapter 10, paralogue 3.

Chapter 10 was pretty well done. I listened to it with headphones, and it was epic. In order to keep my units alive, I had to miss out on some good items the thieves had (basically that darn master seal) but i'm still in one piece.

Why do all the paralogues have to involve saving people? 3 was the hardest because those idiotic villagers kept walking into enemy range after I saved them. I must have tried at least 11 times at that map.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 11:40 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 10:59 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 2/15/13 08:47 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 2/15/13 08:56 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I might go for the gold pack then.

Current progress: No deaths, beat chapter 10, paralogue 3.

Chapter 10 was pretty well done. I listened to it with headphones, and it was epic. In order to keep my units alive, I had to miss out on some good items the thieves had (basically that darn master seal) but i'm still in one piece.

Why do all the paralogues have to involve saving people? 3 was the hardest because those idiotic villagers kept walking into enemy range after I saved them. I must have tried at least 11 times at that map.

I just let the villagers die lol(Though I did try to save them). What happens if you save them?

Also yeah chapter 10 is awesome didn't listen with headphones though kinda wish I did but oh well.

However I really do like listening to this with headphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju8eg4m9QtA&list=FLSQfpluOPHo 3Fw7r_L_FLQQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0cQlZprOMM&list=FLSQfpluOPHo 3Fw7r_L_FLQQ

That music just melts in my ears with headphones on. Best part is I get to hear it all the time when fighting random risen spawns and bonus teams.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 11:40 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 2/15/13 10:59 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I just let the villagers die lol(Though I did try to save them). What happens if you save them?

It was totally worth the effort, I got a log, and ladle, and something I've forgotten. Grand total of 50 gold from a shop by selling them.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 02:09 AM Reply

It was totally worth the effort, I got a log, and ladle, and something I've forgotten. Grand total of 50 gold from a shop by selling them.

I believe I got a Magic + item.... (Saved all three)

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 05:47 AM Reply

At 2/15/13 02:55 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: By the way I just realized today I could use a second seal on Nowi to change her to a mage or wyvern rider which sets her back to level 1 with her attributes pretty much in tact. If I get her back to level 10 or change her to an advanced class would I be able to change her back to a manakete later with another second seal? Anyone happen to know?

Just found out my answer to this question by the way. That would be a yes. Apparently more class options unlocked at level 30 inlcluding her original class going back to level 1 but changing her to something else like a wyvern lord it is still possible to change back.

This team of mine is going to be way too powerful by the time I resume the actual story. I still haven't started chapter 14 yet lol.

I am going for Miriel and Donnel for my next S rank support by the way. Going to be tough doing it against tougher enemies though since they are both very underleveled. Going to have to limit them to low level risen spawns only.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 08:21 PM Reply

Still no deaths, chapter 11 beaten. What a difficult chapter, those damn wyvern riders kept crawling out of every fort! Still, I had a ton of wyvern beating weapons, so that was good. The boss went down really easily for me, but the almost mid game (I'm assuming, based on the Sacred Stones) chapter usually makes it seem like the end, then the game really jumps in difficulty.

Also, I've decided on Olivia for my wife in the game. I was reluctant at first to chose her, since dancers are usually non offensive characters, but she pulled out a sword at one point, and that sold me.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 08:21 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Still no deaths, chapter 11 beaten. What a difficult chapter, those damn wyvern riders kept crawling out of every fort! Still, I had a ton of wyvern beating weapons, so that was good. The boss went down really easily for me, but the almost mid game (I'm assuming, based on the Sacred Stones) chapter usually makes it seem like the end, then the game really jumps in difficulty.

Also, I've decided on Olivia for my wife in the game. I was reluctant at first to chose her, since dancers are usually non offensive characters, but she pulled out a sword at one point, and that sold me.

If you wanted to level her up easily just choose a (Defeat boss objective map) and kill everything but the boss
Falchion does bonus damage against Wyverns you know?

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 08:25 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 2/16/13 08:21 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Still no deaths, chapter 11 beaten. What a difficult chapter, those damn wyvern riders kept crawling out of every fort! Still, I had a ton of wyvern beating weapons, so that was good. The boss went down really easily for me, but the almost mid game (I'm assuming, based on the Sacred Stones) chapter usually makes it seem like the end, then the game really jumps in difficulty.

If you wanted to level her up easily just choose a (Defeat boss objective map) and kill everything but the boss
Falchion does bonus damage against Wyverns you know?

I just camped her in the top left corner on chapter 11 and got her to level 30 immediately. The boss never bothered to charge at me even though he was able to move. I pretty much used that top left corner as a means of beating the chapter without losing anyone too. I couldn't do it going on the offensive because of all the wyverns coming out of the forts so I clogged up the 3 forts in that corner and let them come to me with my two tank characters blocking the bridges from foot soldiers. At that point I just let my avatar character and nowi rip them apart as they approached.

Then once everything was clear of attacking enemies I danced olivia in front of chrom 100s of times to get to level 30 unknowing of what was to happen and he fell in love with her lol. I would have done even more dancing had I realized I could have just used a second seal to get her back to a level 1 dancer. I did later change her class to swordmaster though.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 09:31 PM Reply

Second playthrough Male Avatar//Cordelia for Severa class options. I'm really loving the replay-ability.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 08:42 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 2/16/13 08:25 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 2/16/13 08:21 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I just camped her in the top left corner on chapter 11 and got her to level 30 immediately. The boss never bothered to charge at me even though he was able to move. I pretty much used that top left corner as a means of beating the chapter without losing anyone too. I couldn't do it going on the offensive because of all the wyverns coming out of the forts so I clogged up the 3 forts in that corner and let them come to me with my two tank characters blocking the bridges from foot soldiers. At that point I just let my avatar character and nowi rip them apart as they approached.

I used the exact same strategy! I got surprised when I had half my group at the top of the screen, waiting for the wyverns, when three tough units spawned in among us. I personally don't like Nowi, or any animal transform character. Too limiting.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 11:21 PM Reply

I used the exact same strategy! I got surprised when I had half my group at the top of the screen, waiting for the wyverns, when three tough units spawned in among us. I personally don't like Nowi, or any animal transform character. Too limiting.

Really? I found Nowi amazingly powerful she is a ranged character who is fairly durable and uses strength to attack everything in range like a mage would (Basically a super Javelin user)

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 11:21 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

Really? I found Nowi amazingly powerful she is a ranged character who is fairly durable and uses strength to attack everything in range like a mage would (Basically a super Javelin user)

Exactly! She is one of my top 3 characters overall based on overall usefulness. Even if you don't like the transformative nature of Nowi for some reason you can always change her into something else with a second seal.

Between my avatar character, Kellam, and Nowi I am not afraid to send either of those 3 into a big swarm of enemies. They are either too fast(my avatar character) too defensive (Kellam, Nowi) or too powerful to deal with(All 3 of them)

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 10:02 AM Reply

So I got my 9th and 10th S rank supports.

Donnel + Miriel (That kid with aptitude is going to be great!)

Lucina + Owain (Companionship)

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 11:05 AM Reply

At 2/18/13 10:02 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: So I got my 9th and 10th S rank supports.

I have a hard time deciding to put Miriel with anyone

Well, as long as he can keep his sword arm strong

Right now I'm reclassing as much as possible to gain different class skills so I can make more effective fighters.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 08:01 PM Reply

I have two S ranks now. Chrom and Sumia, and Lon'qu and Miriel. The latter groups support conversations are absolutely hilarious.

I did the grinding trick with Olivia in paralogue 4. I used a second seal on her at level 15. She is now a Myrmidon. I also changed Donnal to a mercenary. He and Kellam are A rank together, since I used Kennel to keep Donnel alive throughout all my travels.

I upgraded Chrom with a Master seal, as well as Cherche into a Wyvern Lord.

Chapter 14 beaten, paralogue 4 beaten, and bought the Golden Gaffe. No deaths.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 09:42 PM Reply

You need to pair Cordelia with someone, seriously Severa can be a power house

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 2/18/13 09:42 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

You need to pair Cordelia with someone, seriously Severa can be a power house

I've working on her and Stahl. They seem good together. I might put Sully and Libra together. You know, because eahc one acts like the opposite gender's stereotype.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 01:32 AM Reply

At 2/18/13 11:05 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 2/18/13 10:02 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: So I got my 9th and 10th S rank supports.

I did too but once I found out donnel was the only one left for Miriel I just went ahead and did it since if I put donnel with anyone else I would have lost my chance to have her kid on my team.

Right now I'm reclassing as much as possible to gain different class skills so I can make more effective fighters.

His sword arm is still very strong indeed. Owain is a monster just like my tactician character who is the father.

I am having trouble wanting to reclass people though. I am worried about changing them too much because then they wouldn't be taking advantage of their already high skill values. Everyone I have reclassed I have just reclassed back to the same thing at level 1. The only ones I actually changed were Olivia to swordmaster and Nowi to Wyvern Lord(I plan to change her back to Manakete at level 20)

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 01:32 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 2/18/13 11:05 AM, Ceratisa wrote:

I did too but once I found out donnel was the only one left for Miriel I just went ahead and did it since if I put donnel with anyone else I would have lost my chance to have her kid on my team.

His sword arm is still very strong indeed. Owain is a monster just like my tactician character who is the father.

I am having trouble wanting to reclass people though. I am worried about changing them too much because then they wouldn't be taking advantage of their already high skill values. Everyone I have reclassed I have just reclassed back to the same thing at level 1. The only ones I actually changed were Olivia to swordmaster and Nowi to Wyvern Lord(I plan to change her back to Manakete at level 20)

The stat drop isn't really that big, usually only a couple points. But I personally have issues changing them out of their natural class as well, just doesn't feel right. Because of that I try to get it done quickly. And after I level up the alternate class I just change them yet again.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 06:58 PM Reply

Ran into someone on campus with the game apparently, they showed up on my map when I got home.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 06:58 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Ran into someone on campus with the game apparently, they showed up on my map when I got home.

Yup I had that happen to me a few times already. 4 or 5 of them actually. Also ran into someone twice. When I battled them and beat their team the 2nd time you could just replace the old one with the new one if you wanted to.

StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 08:32 PM Reply

I got my copy :D

Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 11:29 PM Reply

Henry + Sumia makes my 11th S support level reached.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 11:41 PM Reply

I'm on chapter 16, beat 15 and still no deaths.

Married myself to Olivia, Gaius to Thajra, and Cordelia to Stahl. I upgraded Lon'qu to assasin, Miriel to mage knight, Virion to sniper, Gregor to hero, and Vaike to warrior. I'm excited for the next chapter, I'm going yo mop the floor with those guys.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Fire Emblem 3ds Thread Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:54 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 08:32 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: I got my copy :D

Hope you have fun

@Bobbybroccoli
I think you can buy second seals now, take advantage of that if you need to.