00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

First story posting

1,045 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

First story posting 2012-06-21 22:38:41

I take you in my arms, look deep in your eyes, and carry you into the basement of my workplace, the Sugar Block Bakery. I'm pretending to be on break so we can go down and have a little fun... You look around and see candles burning dimly, setting the mood for what you believe to be a great night. It is mid fall, closing in on everyone's favourite holiday; Nightmare Night (Fucking Halloween copyright) so naturally, the room is decorated festively with decapitated heads and furniture constructed on bones and skin, which are extremely uncomfortable. You also notice a metal table, angled upwards, with straps attached to it. "Woah Kinky," you think to yourself. I lay you gently onto the table and strap you in, your legs spread and strapped down. Just as I lean over you, we hear my name being called from the top of the stairs. The door opens as Mrs. Cakes looks down and says "Pogo! We need more powdered sugar and flour for the cake!-" She cuts off as she sees me leaning over you with the romantic lighting.

Mrs Cakes calls me upstairs, I tell her I will be just a minute. I turn back to you, and look lovingly into your eyes. "I'll be right back sweetie," I say as I place a frog on your chest and command you to assimilate. You take it as my natural stupid joking manner and wait patiently for my return.

"Pogo, when I was younger we didn't do things like this, but I'm not going to judge you. However, you can NOT be doing that in the basement store rooms. I know we rent a room to you upstairs, but this is like, way beyond what you pay us monthly." Mrs. Cakes explains in her sweet loving tone.

"How much extra do I need to pay then?" I ask.

"A lot. Enough for us to find a new storage room and move all the stuff. Also, aren't you supposed to be running the cash register? You've been gone for like an hour."

"I was on lunch break."

"Okay, that's 30 minutes..." She trails off, looking at me sternly.

"Then I took a smoke break!" I reply wittily.

"Okay, you don't smoke and that's only fifteen minutes." Damn, she's good.

"Well, then I had to use the bathroom! What are you, the pee police?" I added desperately trying to evade punishment.

"Hey, SolidToad's boss started timing bathroom breaks, and if I have to, I will too. Go tell your friend down there that you have to get back to work."

As she says it, I know it's final. I return downstairs to you, unlatching your bonds and taking the frog back. I sadly say; "Man, can you come back tonight?" You answer, unsure "I dunno Pogo, we're moving kinda fast. I don't know how I feel about this. The heart is a turbulent place!" You add the last bit as I look betrayed. You go home and relax.
Hours later, after the sun is down, I appear outside your window, beckoning for you to come with. You explain gingerly to me that you are still unsure. I came prepared. I whip out my stereo and play the instrumental track of "It's more than a feeling" and begin to sing it to you, very well sounding, I might add.

After the song your eyes have lit up, you're totally impressed and we want each other so bad. After we get back to Sugar Block Bakery, you begin to go downstairs, but I beckon you back upstairs; I moved everything up into my room, which is now totally cluttered with all the decor from the store room. I repeat the process of laying you down, gently grazing your nether regions as my hands pass by, strapping your limbs down. I tell you to wait a minute, and soon after I return dressed as a gorilla, but also dressed as lord Zed. I'm dressed as a gorilla dressed as lord Zed.

I strip you down and rub your body with lotion. You feel a tingly sensation all over as we near your desire. I lean over you, our lips mere centimeters from locking as you feel a pain in your abdomen. You look down and open your mouth to scream. I shove a ball of socks in your mouth and duct tape it in, hard. I grin fiercely, looking down to your stomach. i grasp my discarded scalpel and continue where it's incision left off after you noticed. The alcohol mixture rub I had spread on you numbed the feeling so that you would not bleed profusely.

I begin by unraveling your intestines, and slice them off, burning the ends closed so they do not bleed. I giggle demonically as I skip rope in front of you with your entrails. After I've had my fun with that, I add it to my plastic garbage bag of parts. I then surgically remove your kidneys, stomach, liver, pancreas and Thymus, each making the tears of pain roll down your face more quickly than the last. I have a bucket placed behind your head to collect the tears for later use.

Finally, we come to your lungs and heart, the last of the intact organs. I use large, heavy scissors to crack and break your sternum. I pull back your ribs, disconnecting them from your body, and examine your rapidly inflating and deflating lungs along side of your quick beating heart. My eyes go cloudy as I space out, thinking. I lean forward and kiss you deeply, before gripping your heart and tearing it out with my hands. Your vision goes black.
You have died.

Of course, I continually, coldly and calculatingly remove your lungs and brain, along with your spine later. I sell the still good organs on the black market for money to upgrade my rent, and then keep the rest and bake them into my intoxicatingly good cupcakes.
EDN.

I'd like some constructive reviews on how I may improve in the future.

Response to First story posting 2012-06-22 10:30:12

Mrs Cakes? Isn't that a lady medium from the game Discworld 2?

Response to First story posting 2012-06-27 19:30:50

First, EeK! EEk!

It would be good if you could add a title to your story. While my skills as a writer isn't great enough to offer much on structure and language style, I can point out the factual things to help you improve.

I noticed some anatomical errors. Some major ones to point out:

"The alcohol mixture rub I had spread on you numbed the feeling so that you would not bleed profusely." I'm curious as to what kind of an alcohol mixture is/can be used as a local anesthetic. Also, being numbed does not affect the rate of bleeding.

The thymus is located between the sternum and the aorta of the heart. Did you purposely leave out the gall bladder and the spleen?

"I then surgically remove your kidneys, stomach, liver, pancreas and Thymus, each making the tears of pain roll down your face more quickly than the last."
The tears streaming down faster than the last makes it sound like the organs are removed in order as listed, which would be quite difficult due to their positions.

It wouldn't hurt to refresh your anatomical knowledge right?

Story-wise, I felt like the last little bit could have been longer.

The aforementioned organ removal part could be expanded. While I wouldn't suggest having your character playing with the organs further (as with the intestines) since the main character will be selling it off, you could be more visual or tactile on how the organs are removed. While ignoring the physiological consequences of such acts, I do recommend adding some sort of a description as to how the main character managed to keep the victim from going into shock or dying from blood loss. Also, lungs cannot inflate on their own. They would need the rib cage and the diaphragm to expand and create a negative pressure within the chest cavity. Without the two, I'd imagine the lungs would be quite droopy and lifeless.

I might've been a little too picky on the biology part, but I can't help it as a bio student. >.<

And some things to think about:
Why not delve more deeply into the psychology behind the main character?
Was the main character going to attempt the murder at the basement of his own workplace and during work?
Is this "you" the main character's first victim? Could this add more to the story?

Hope this helps.

Response to First story posting 2012-07-27 21:26:28

At 6/21/12 10:38 PM, SolidToad wrote: "Hey, SolidToad's boss started timing bathroom breaks, and if I have to, I will too. Go tell your friend down there that you have : to get back to work."

Self story reference, you're awesome; but what workplace jew times bathroom breaks.

Response to First story posting 2012-07-29 00:08:58

I think you need to work a bit on the character of the victim. The whole switching back and forth from lust to hesitancy and back to lust in such a short period of time seems a little far fetched.

The discussion with Mrs. Cakes seems a little unnecessary. I understand that it's there for comedy, but otherwise I don't really get why you spend so much time telling us about her policy on breaks. There must be a better way to talk about the fact that the main character needs rent money. Also, why does Mrs. Cakes talk like a teenager? I noticed that the main character does as well, but I assume that was intentional.

The part right before the organ removal could use some work. Especially the part about "grazing your nether regions". Cows graze. Bullets graze. People engaged in foreplay do not.

I didn't know that Halloween was copyrighted. In fact I'm quite certain it isn't. You can use the name as long as you're not refering to the movie Halloween.

I kinda have to agree with Ice-crane about the organ removal. It seems unrealistic that the victim could still be alive and conscious after having most of their organs removed. Make a way for that to make sense or take it out.

Lastly, go through your story with a fine toothed comb and pick out all the grammar/spelling errors.

Good luck with your writing. Wasn't bad for your first story.

Grungy Mech action in 1940s Russia! Read Iron and Ice!