New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Dubstep 2012-06-16 22:50:29 Reply

I like some dubstep, but there are some rhythms that are overused so much it makes me want to rip someone's fucking head off. The same goes for pop; I'm sick of the fake projected or autotuned 'singers' blabbering about the same stuff over the same fucking beat.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump Thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump thumpthumpthump BOOOOM

Can someone explain to me how a genre can become so popular when everything occupying it sounds the exact same? I mean, that's what bothers me about so many great bands turning into shit; their style progresses in such a synclastic manner; every band, once it becomes big enough, starts gravitating toward this central point of what is 'popular' and originality is lost.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Bacari
Bacari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-16 22:52:57 Reply

Oh wow, haven't seen a dubstep rant thread in a while. Thought they were an every week thing.

And thanks for ranting on something that was noticed 3 or 4 years ago with the whole autotune thing.

Stop fucking looking right here faggot.

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-16 22:54:00 Reply

At 6/16/12 10:50 PM, Kwing wrote:
Can someone explain to me how a genre can become so popular when everything occupying it sounds the exact same? I mean, that's what bothers me about so many great bands turning into shit; their style progresses in such a synclastic manner; every band, once it becomes big enough, starts gravitating toward this central point of what is 'popular' and originality is lost.

I wouldn't say originality is lost. Only because a band wants to become dynamic and branch out and try new methods doesn't make it any less original than what it was playing starting out

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-16 22:58:37 Reply

If you don't like something, don't listen to it. Simple as that.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-16 23:00:53 Reply

This is because people refuse to invest real money in music that isn't certain to sell, so once a musical act needs financing to make it to the next level, they have to make concessions artistically to people who only care about the bottom line and know little to nothing about music.

If you paid attention to your local DIY scene, you'd realize just how much really weird shit is out there.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 03:44:39 Reply

I hate the look of Skrillex. And Deadmau5.

Hipster bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

MidoriKatsu
MidoriKatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 03:49:52 Reply

I completely agree with you. Maybe people just like hearing the same old shit over and over. I most certainly lost faith in music; faith in mankind as well- fuck music these days. Back on topic, dubstep, like most music, is becoming unoriginal. You would think it would be much more simple to create a song by messing with the poly-rhythms of an already prepared piece of music, and add simple drum beats. It's almost like cereal and water. But then again there are always those people who can't even prepare a bowl of cereal... idiots. u_u

I have cancer on my anus. Should I see my gynecologist?

BBS Signature
Bacari
Bacari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 04:09:24 Reply

At 6/17/12 03:49 AM, MidoriKatsu wrote: You would think it would be much more simple to create a song by messing with the poly-rhythms of an already prepared piece of music, and add simple drum beats. It's almost like cereal and water. But then again there are always those people who can't even prepare a bowl of cereal... idiots. u_u

You are by far the dumbest motherfucker I've ever seen on this website.

BBS Signature
GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 05:18:13 Reply

At 6/17/12 04:09 AM, Bacari wrote:
At 6/17/12 03:49 AM, MidoriKatsu wrote:
You are by far the dumbest motherfucker I've ever seen on this website.

I second this, not trying to say I make really good post but really?

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
BlubbOnly
BlubbOnly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 05:42:54 Reply

Dubstep sucks. Skrillex sucks. Simple as that.

legendary foh' shoore
Greatest thread ever !

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 06:01:06 Reply

No thanks. Dubstep is terrible.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 08:51:22 Reply

The genre comes by on any occasion ,atleast the ones I don't find to suck in a few minutes or less

Zirocket-8
Zirocket-8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 09:15:20 Reply

At 6/17/12 03:49 AM, MidoriKatsu wrote: I completely agree with you. Maybe people just like hearing the same old shit over and over. I most certainly lost faith in music; faith in mankind as well- fuck music these days. Back on topic, dubstep, like most music, is becoming unoriginal.

There's always TRANCE MUSIC.

All elites originate from noobs.

- Zirocket-8

BBS Signature
Pink-Ninja
Pink-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 09:30:04 Reply

Dubstep Superior - Kwing inferior

*Sshhh... I'm an NSA spy bot

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 09:35:27 Reply

There are people who enjoy mating calls of aqueous mammals. That's the only explanation there is to dubstep.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 10:05:36 Reply

All music goes to shit once a lot of people start liking it and it turns into pop. Look at rock, rap, electronic, etc.
It's just because people realize they can make a lot of money off of it and produce it just for that, but the good bands are still out there.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 10:15:43 Reply

At 6/17/12 10:05 AM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote: All music goes to shit once a lot of people start liking it and it turns into pop. Look at rock, rap, electronic, etc.
It's just because people realize they can make a lot of money off of it and produce it just for that, but the good bands are still out there.

They are not just "still out there."

Fuckers are easy to find, most of them busting balls so that you DO find them, many of them carrying over a thousand fans through independent promotion.

You have to start going to live DIY shows. Not just shows, DIY shows. House parties, keggers, NOT BIG VENUES, small bars, skate parks, NOT PLACES THAT SELL TICKETS, friends bands, touring bands, NOT BENEFITS OR CHARITIES REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, ESPECIALLY NOT CHURCHES OR INSTITUTIONS OF ANY KIND.

I get so fucking tired of people going "There's nothing original, there's nothing original, god, there's nothing original" when really they are just lazy dumbshits that refuse to stop playing WOW and COD for the 1 and a half fucking seconds it takes to browse through their events list or click "like" on a local DIY band and go through their events looking for the headlining acts they support.

There is an entire industry designed to do nothing but separate you from the music that you love so you will be so desperate for new music you will pay through the nose for it. Get your music every week, for 5-10 dollars, MEET THE ARTISTS, HANG OUT WITH THEM, MEET THEIR THOUSAND FRIENDS IN PERSON, GET LAID, GET COOL MUSIC, GET RESPECT FROM YOUR COMMUNITY, STOP BEING A WHINY BITCH.

/rant

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 14:16:18 Reply

At 6/16/12 10:50 PM, Kwing wrote: Can someone explain to me how a genre can become so popular when everything occupying it sounds the exact same?

Autistic people love repetition.

MidoriKatsu
MidoriKatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 14:43:04 Reply

You do realize that I usually put a mistake in my posts to see if you guys catch it and get ass hurt about it. Cereal and water. No fucking shit.

I have cancer on my anus. Should I see my gynecologist?

BBS Signature
wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 15:01:04 Reply

I would very VERY much hesitate to say that dubstep has at all achieved anywhere close to the commercial success that "pop" music has. Also, keep in mind that "commercial success" is just based on how many people consume a product, and "people" generally tend to be a step or two away from mild retardation.

Really, all dubstep is is an evolution of reggae music in western Europe. First came reggae, then jungle, then DnB, then dubstep. I heard some BBC news report about the next iteration of the same iteration of reggae that is being raped and bastardized in England for chavs high off the newest synthetic drug who are reeling from austerity measures that cut their inheritance by 5%. In closing; English people have terrible taste in music.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 15:05:01 Reply

Kids want to make something so damn easy, just to get the praise of the other dumb fucks.
The good people making dubstep is like a less smellier shit than the rest.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 15:06:52 Reply

At 6/17/12 03:05 PM, MrRager wrote: Hey guys, I'm 12 years old. My opinion matters, right?

No.
Get the fuck out.

BBS Signature
Blazirc
Blazirc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 15:27:48 Reply

dubstep makes me sick. how do people like it?

One good thing about music, is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.

-Bob Marley

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 15:48:56 Reply

At 6/16/12 10:52 PM, Bacari wrote: Oh wow, haven't seen a dubstep rant thread in a while. Thought they were an every week thing.

And thanks for ranting on something that was noticed 3 or 4 years ago with the whole autotune thing.

Don't be an ass just because you're butthurt about the topic being discussed, the OP has a very good point.

StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 15:59:05 Reply

Oh goodness, what to say about dubstep that isn't the same as every other opinion out there? Well I think we've all pretty much nailed it so far in this topic, but here's my two cents anyway:

When I first encountered dubstep I thought "Oh, that sounds kinda neat." Because it DOES. It sounds pretty cool for a minute. But that WAS my experience, I got bored quickly - I had no idea it was going to be the next big thing. So we fast forward to modern day dubstep culture.

In my opinion dubstep on its own is really boring. But that's just me, I like lyrical music so dubstep always had a disadvantage for me. I don't like techno, trance, electronica, etc. either, so the fact that I don't really dig dubstep on its own is no surprise. I get bored of it really quickly, but it's not because it's dubstep, it's because it's not lyrical.

That said, it sounds kinda neat, so when dubstep is used in conjunction with other genres, or at a bridge or break in a song, it can sound REALLY cool.

Some examples of what I mean:
K.Flay - 10th Ave
The Algorithm
Super 8-Bit Brothers - Hey Kid You're On Your Own
Swagberg - Synopsis
Service Lab - Dead Beats

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 18:36:48 Reply

At 6/17/12 03:45 PM, Rummy0 wrote: Seriously do you have assburgers or something.

no.

Dubstep

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 20:04:03 Reply

At 6/16/12 10:50 PM, Kwing wrote: Can someone explain to me how a genre can become so popular when everything occupying it sounds the exact same?

People like to stick with whatever is most familiar with them and simple; they don't like change or complicated things. Also, they're dumb.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Bacari
Bacari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 20:11:54 Reply

At 6/17/12 03:48 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 6/16/12 10:52 PM, Bacari wrote: Oh wow, haven't seen a dubstep rant thread in a while. Thought they were an every week thing.

Don't be an ass just because you're butthurt about the topic being discussed, the OP has a very good point.

Im not butthurt about anything dumbass. His "good point" is made every other fucking day and is old as hell. We get it, you think dubstep is repetitive and that Skrillex sucks. Whoopty fucking doo. No one gives a shit.

Saying the KKK was racist for hanging black people is a good point too.

BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 20:14:49 Reply

At 6/17/12 08:11 PM, Bacari wrote:

You say it is made every fucking day?
There has not been a dubstep thread since you sign up date.

わたしのぺにす

BBS Signature
Bacari
Bacari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Dubstep 2012-06-17 20:17:48 Reply

At 6/17/12 08:14 PM, NightOwlRoost wrote:
At 6/17/12 08:11 PM, Bacari wrote:

You say it is made every fucking day?
There has not been a dubstep thread since you sign up date.

No, but his overall point of dubstep sucking and music and the generation sucking is seen in every other topic. I don't know how it comes up, but it's there.

BBS Signature