HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:13:50 Reply

TL; DR @ bottom

Alright, you know those times where you text the wrong thing to the wrong person and the situation immediately turns bad for you? Of course not, because this kind of thing almost never happens outside of sitcoms, so why the fuck did it have to happen to me?

Alright, here's the story: So me and my family (including my nephews and my niece) except my sister went to Braum's around 10:00 tonight for some ice cream. We were sitting, having a good time and my brother gets a text. Now my brother's phone is a tad funky, for some reason it doesn't show the contact name of the person who's texting him and instead only gives the phone number. The text went "Where are u guys?" Now I'm no good with phone numbers and neither is my brother so we have no clue who it is but we assume it's our sister who probably just got off work, came home and found no one there. So I take his phone and jokingly put "At a strip club." Then she texted back "What Strip club?" Not ready to give up the charade, I texted back "XTC off the high way." (A real strip club near downtown Fort Worth) so I'm feeling good and then my brother gets a phone call: it's from my mother fucking GRANDMOTHER.

Son of a Bitch. That's the only expression that seemed really fitting. So my brother looks at me in disbelief and I'm finding it hard to hold back my laughter, we both immediately realize who I was texting with HIS phone and he answers it talks and then hands it over to our mother. Well, naturally, I was ratted out and then chewed out by my mother. All the time still laughing about the situation but at the same time feeling mortified that I just texted my grandmother that I was at a strip club.

Anyone got any real experiences with this kind of stuff? Or am I just the unluckiest son of a gun to walk the earth?

TL;DR: Wrongfully texted my own grandmother I was at a strip club with my brother's phone. Any similar experiences?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:36:30 Reply

Only once, I accidently sent my text to everyone.

It as for my girlfriend. It said "Good night baby"

わたしのぺにす

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:39:19 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:28 AM, Protagonist wrote: One time by accident I butt dialed this girl I liked while I sung this embarrassing song and left it on her answering machine. Me and my friend Frisbee tried to get her phone to delete the message but hilarity ensured and she heard it anyway.

Sounds like the plot of an 80s movie.

Except there weren't butt pocket sized cellphones then.

Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:39:40 Reply

wow. that never happens in sitcoms. nice try.

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:40:40 Reply

I once sent a picture of my cock to nearly my whole contact list.

http://mumbo.newgrounds.com/
I'm a bisexual fgt. send me dick pics pls.

BBS Signature
MidoriKatsu
MidoriKatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:42:07 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:28 AM, Protagonist wrote: One time by accident I butt dialed this girl I liked while I sung this embarrassing song and left it on her answering machine. Me and my friend Frisbee tried to get her phone to delete the message but hilarity ensured and she heard it anyway.

Fucking regular show.

I have cancer on my anus. Should I see my gynecologist?

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:44:41 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:42 AM, MidoriKatsu wrote: Fucking regular show.

Someone hasn't hung out with Margret in a while huh?

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:47:35 Reply

Your situation reminds me of this comic strip.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:55:30 Reply

i get weird ones all the time, like "man u cant keep sellin me this shit, this is toshe"

Imagine how fucking awkward it is when I text back "Wrong number." then they say "u sure?" as if I don't know who I am. Once we get it sorted out, it's always like "just forget bout this" and I say "Already done. Trust me, this isn't the first time."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:56:41 Reply

My friend tried to send his crush an audio file of a song he liked through his cell.

He accidentally sent her an audio file of Duke Nukem saying "I've got balls of steel!" instead.

Accident Texting = Awkward

CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:57:03 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:55 AM, CommanderFalcon wrote: i get weird ones all the time, like "man u cant keep sellin me this shit, this is toshe"

Imagine how fucking awkward it is when I text back "Wrong number." then they say "u sure?" as if I don't know who I am. Once we get it sorted out, it's always like "just forget bout this" and I say "Already done. Trust me, this isn't the first time."

Just looked it up. Toshe is a Sindhi dish made of flour, ghee, and milk. Why the fuck was he so paranoid about it, then?

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."- Brendan Gill

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 00:57:57 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:55 AM, CommanderFalcon wrote: i get weird ones all the time, like "man u cant keep sellin me this shit, this is toshe"

Gee, I wish I got interesting ones like that.

I always get mundane butt-dials from my mom and such.

CommanderFalcon
CommanderFalcon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 01:02:03 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:57 AM, T3XT wrote:

Gee, I wish I got interesting ones like that.

I always get mundane butt-dials from my mom and such.

I live in the South, in an area where recreational drugs like weed are common place, and ever pot head will tell you "Don't go no higher than weed, man, that shit'll fuck you UP."

So I'm convinced either this guy has some sort of ghee alergy or Toshe is a new drug no one's heard of. Could be his name, now that I think of it.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 01:24:30 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:40 AM, SolidToad wrote: I once sent a picture of my cock to nearly my whole contact list.

I don't think anyone would make that mistake.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 02:11:25 Reply

I think your mother or at least your grandmother needs to get a sense of humor.

Fucking olds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 02:24:37 Reply

No, I've never accidentally texted someone, because I'm not a feckless imbecile.

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-16 03:20:54 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:56 AM, T3XT wrote: My friend tried to send his crush an audio file of a song he liked through his cell.

He accidentally sent her an audio file of Duke Nukem saying "I've got balls of steel!" instead.

That is hilarious.

I made a reckless accident, too, but in hopes of burying it deep in my brain, I won't write it up. Nothing too bad.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-17 09:50:10 Reply

At 6/16/12 12:47 AM, Gimmick wrote: Your situation reminds me of this comic strip.

Heh, that's pretty damn funny. Thank god I didn't send that too all my brother's contacts, he'd probably kill me in my sleep.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-17 09:57:37 Reply

For some reason my phone or service sends random texts to my contacts. It happens every couple of weeks.

They're just repeats of what I've already sent though, and they always go to the same person that I sent them to originally so it doesn't do anything but occasionally confuse my friends.

Lucy
Lucy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-17 10:52:23 Reply

I think it could have been alot worse to be honest. I dont think I have ever done this though, I've texted details of meeting arrangements to the wrong people but thats nothing that can cause a bad situation.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature
FanofFulp
FanofFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-17 11:41:34 Reply

"oh shit sorry wrong number"

wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Accident Texting = Awkward 2012-06-17 11:55:51 Reply

That's not really accidental texting as much as it's just being stupid/too poor to get a phone that displays contacts.

BBS Signature