Respond to this Topic
life
life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM Reply

Can't newgrounds.com itself fund the rest if it believes in the project?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature
33tygb
33tygb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 11:20 PM Reply

i would help but you know all the new games comin out and then theres the fact i have to check out minecraft... also moneys tight as is sorry man...

shad0wpaw
shad0wpaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 6/14/12 12:53 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: I'm broke.

hells yeah im broke too plus people keep blamming all the good stuff on ng

Knightflame
Knightflame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 02:18 AM Reply

I don't have any money

BigPen
BigPen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 03:52 AM Reply

I'm the 100 person who replied to this topic! Who-ho! What have I won?

f12guy
f12guy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 04:19 AM Reply

God i really wish i had more cash to spend on this Best of luck guys!

Does anyone actually read these?

flyingnun
flyingnun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 07:39 AM Reply

At 6/15/12 08:35 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: If each and every one of these idiots who said they were broke would have just shut up and given a dollar, this project would be funded by now.

I swear. People pull that excuse far too much for me. Give a DOLLAR. You can find that in your couch cushions.
Or maybe you don't have a couch cuz you're so BROKE. In which case, get off NG and go get a JOB.

I can't STAND people who won't support artists. Just shut up with that "broke" shit. And then you wonder why artists all have to dumb down their content to fit in with a corporate record company or animation company. BECAUSE THEY GET NO SUPPORT FROM YOU CLOWNS.

if everybody who posted, not just those who said they were broke, donated a dollar, itd be up AT MOST $120, besides, i think it looks pretty sucky.

BBS Signature
AdachiShinobu
AdachiShinobu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 07:42 AM Reply

I'm really sorry but I'm flat broke :(((

No matter what they say I will still Love you

TecNoir
TecNoir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 08:53 AM Reply

I've given up at this point. It was going to be so cool too.

How does one sig?

BBS Signature
Winzra
Winzra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 09:01 AM Reply

At 6/16/12 01:28 AM, Austerity wrote: Everyone put your spirit energy ($) together for the final push

This made me die of laughter.

matheuzz1674NG
matheuzz1674NG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 10:31 AM Reply

Too bad i'm brazillian cause I would donate pretty much money.

uglybetty
uglybetty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 11:16 AM Reply

Newgrounds in desperate need of money. Yo-ho.

Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 12:54 PM Reply

Someone get me a motorcycle and ten buses and I'll make this shit happen.

JerrodStorm
JerrodStorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 6/14/12 02:05 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Do I have money? No. And I wouldn't trust these guys with $30,000 when they really don't have a portfolio to show for it.

Maybe next time it would be wise to have a much smaller-scale Kickstarter - say, a few thousand dollars. Use that money to produce a pilot episode, and if it goes down well, then go ahead with a full series: I can't justify donating money to some unknowns who seem to be producing a standard, run-of-the-mill action film using NewGrounds' name when there's not really much evidence of the group's prior work or previous experience.

Ever should you need financial assistance, I won't be there to bail you out, seeing as all you have to your name is a couple hip hop songs. I couldn't ever trust you with my money.

The average cost of a pilot episode for a tv series is about a million dollars. They're only asking for a couple thousand for an entire nine episode series. So I ask you: You can't even trust them with five bucks?

I'm a Mormon. :D

BBS Signature
rocky99213
rocky99213
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 01:20 PM Reply

Sorry I only have real life money, not paypal.

IT'S GONNA RAIN!
I love getting medals. Total medal points: 31,470
I Never log off.

BBS Signature
headphenomenon
headphenomenon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 01:36 PM Reply

I put in $25 but guys I don't think you can make it in just a few days time. You guys still need about $12k, and you have 3 days. But don't give up hope. I'm sure a few other people have said it but with the $18k you guys have now, you should try and make a pilot episode for the series. I'm sure if you do this, and not only broadcast it to Newgrounds but also on YouTube and a few other places, you guys might have a chance to pull this Kickstarter back to life in a little while, hopefully getting many more donations towards the project from all across the web. Because at the moment, I'm not sure of exactly how well you guys are advertising. You've gotten it on NG's forum itself, and asked us to tell our friends, but I don't think that's enough. I think you guys are using Vimeo, and probably YouTube, too, but many people aren't sure of if they should donate. Sure, the teaser you guys showed us was awesome, but some (for whatever reason, and I don't believe how this is possible) don't even know what Newgrounds is or who the founder is.

Advertise more. Use the money you have to do a pilot. Try again in the future if the pilot does well. That's all I'm saying in three sentences.

06-17-11: User of the Day
07-25-11: 1500th Post
08-09-11: Level 13!

DaKnOb6
DaKnOb6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

To all those people who said they had no money to donate...fine, but there are other things you can do to support this venture.

Some examples:

-Make a Facebook posting
-Tweet in Twitter
-Pin something about it on Pinterest
-Submit a link to reddit or digg
-Post to craigslist in news or some other categoryr
-Instant Message your friends from AIM, MSN Messenger, or ICQ
-Call people you know for free
-Send an email
-Hang up signs
-Make a posting in your Newgrounds profile
-Make a comment on his Youtube video or make your own.
-Post to your website
-Make a blog posting

There are just as many methods as their are means of communication, especially online.

But wait....what if you're blind and deaf with new permanent internet connection. What if there are no libraries nearby your home yet somehow you made it on this site for just long enough to complain about that fact. What if you have nowhere to live?

Well then...you can run outside and start yelling about the project to passing strangers.

and if you're in jail?

Tell the wardens about it.

and if you can't speak either?

Sign it to them.

Now, let's say hypothetically you are blind, deaf, mute, and without hands living in solitary confinement. Let us further assuming that you have no means of communication with the outside world or with outside individuals. Then sir or madam, YOU are out of luck!

As for the rest of us, poverty is not an excuse for doing nothing if you actually want to help this project. Letting people know about it can be just as beneficial as pledging yourself. Doing any one of the things listed above is better then doing nothing at all. Now get out their people. We only have a few days left.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 6/16/12 01:03 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
At 6/14/12 02:05 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Do I have money? No. And I wouldn't trust these guys with $30,000 when they really don't have a portfolio to show for it.
Ever should you need financial assistance, I won't be there to bail you out, seeing as all you have to your name is a couple hip hop songs. I couldn't ever trust you with my money.

If you're going to try throwing shit like that at me, I suggest you do research first to make sure what you're saying isn't a load of bollocks.

And, yeah, Boardwalk Empire's pilot cost $50 million. Lost's pilot cost ~$12 million. But these are massive network programs. They build their own sets or film on location (e.g. the Hawaiian islands), they have massive film crews. Boardwalk Empire's pilot was written by Terence Winter (one of the writers for The Sopranos) and directed by Martin Scorsese: two huge names in Hollywood, so they're going to get huge paychecks. Boardwalk Empire has Steve Buscemi as a lead actor: again, not cheap. Lost was created by J.J. Abrams (another big name) and had Michael Fox as one of the lead actors. These are pilots to series that network directors have faith in: they're tied to big name writers, directors, actors, and producers.

What you failed to mention in your post is the hundreds of shows that don't get million dollar pilot episodes: the ones by unknown writers, with unknown actors, and unknown directors.

And what does Forsaken City have? A team of unknowns volunteering their time.

HerpieDerpie
HerpieDerpie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

Yo. Can you delete my account or turn off newsletters? Those are ANNOYING!!

LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

Mother of GOD it made a big push in one day! At the beginning of the day, I read this and glumly shook my head; there was no way it would make it. But it looks like it has a great chance now! To be completely honest, I don't support the project and just don't like the idea of it, but by no means want it to fail. These guys have obviously poured a lot of effort into this and I want them to see their dreams for it come true.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
JerrodStorm
JerrodStorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 6/16/12 02:49 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
If you're going to try throwing shit like that at me, I suggest you do research first to make sure what you're saying isn't a load of bollocks.

You know what? Sorry. I'm not gonna fight with you, and I shouldn't have said what I did. It won't help fund NGTFC, and it isn't gonna make newgrounds a better place to hang out.

I'm a Mormon. :D

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 6/16/12 05:44 PM, JerrodStorm wrote:
At 6/16/12 02:49 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
You know what? Sorry. I'm not gonna fight with you, and I shouldn't have said what I did. It won't help fund NGTFC, and it isn't gonna make newgrounds a better place to hang out.

My response seemed unnecessarily hostile, and I apologize for that. I understand where you're coming from, though. But as I said in my reply to SenatorJohnDean, if I were a millionaire, I would fund this and every other project that I could possibly fund; hell, I'd donate a ton of money to Tom so that NewGrounds could donate more to projects like this.

I know what it feels like to have projects that can't get enough money to get off the ground. I've written multiple sitcom pilots and short films: no network or film company is going to take a chance on a completely unknown writer, and my friends and I don't have enough money to finance and produce them ourselves. Partly because we're busy, partly because we're all college students, partly because we're spread all over the country, and partly because even our estimated budget of $2,000 to produce an entire YouTube mini-series is still too much for us to afford.

Personally, I'm not interested in Forsaken City. But I don't want it to fail, because I'm sure the team behind it is very talented and - even if I'm not personally interested in it - I can see that many people are, and it would probably end up being quite good.

Hey, if more than two people had bought my album, I would have money to spare. But after PayPal's fees, I've made $5.60: it still hasn't actually been deposited into my account, yet. I've made $0.68 through NewGrounds' revenue. And before I can fund any other projects, I have to fund my own. The software I use is purchased using borrowed money, and it's not cheap. I have college loans that I'm trying to start paying off before I graduate, because I don't want to dive headfirst into an economy with no jobs with $100,000 in student debt. If there was any possible way I could help fund this project with my money, I would.

You know what? I'd donate my time by writing some music for the series if they needed it. And as professional audio costs $1200 minute, and indie music costs about $200-300 per minute, that's much more than I could ever donate in physical money.

RedMongoose
RedMongoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

everybody just needs to get up off of those couches their lounging on while making excuses about how broke they are and scrape the change from between their seat cushions, that outta do it

FFFCEM
FFFCEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 6/16/12 06:51 PM, RedMongoose wrote: everybody just needs to get up off of those couches their lounging on while making excuses about how broke they are and scrape the change from between their seat cushions, that outta do it

they're*

BBS Signature
RedMongoose
RedMongoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 6/16/12 06:56 PM, FFFCEM wrote:
At 6/16/12 06:51 PM, RedMongoose wrote: everybody just needs to get up off of those couches their lounging on while making excuses about how broke they are and scrape the change from between their seat cushions, that outta do it
they're*

thank you

redminus
redminus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Animator
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 6/16/12 06:56 PM, FFFCEM wrote:
they're*

they're = they are.
so.... "the change from between they are seat cushions"....?

10/10

RedMongoose
RedMongoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

dont be a seat cushion guys cmon

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

I gave $5 and I'm sitting in a crappy apartment near broke (im jobless). I'm sure alot of the 13 year old kids on here are sitting in either equal to or better homes that can give just as much. All you gotta do is ask your parents or ask a friend with a credit card even if you don't have one. The PAYPAL link is that tiny button on the bottom left of the page so scroll down! http://www.studiofirelight.com/ Go go go! over $18K! It may just happen, though I have doubts, I'm surprised to see it's raised up a great amount in such a short time!

tl;dr: If you seriously didn't read all that..-facepalms hard-

LOLZSOME
LOLZSOME
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

I'm broken :'(

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to This is Your Final Chance. Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Used my $25 gift card on this, hope it goes through.

Those gift cards are always shitty about that and the transaction hasn't shown up yet.