Arikardo
Arikardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Searching For a Specific Program Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 11:15 AM Reply

Greetings, Newgrounds.

I have quite an oddlyspecific request in mind for you guys. Prepare yourselves.

I'll cut straight to the chase. What i'm looking for is a program that contains these certain key elements listed below:

1.) A similar Curve tool that you see in Microsoft Paint, in which placing a straight line, then allows you to move it about and shape it to your own personal preferences.

2.) Has a Fill tool. The very basic coloring tool that we all know of (I'm sure).

3.) Has the ability to use frames for animating. For example; Pivot Stick Figure Animator implements the frame by frame stepped process in order to create very basic and simple animations. But what i'm looking for is this. When hitting creating the next frame after finishing a drawing, i'd like it to show where my drawing was in the previous frame, displaying some type of darker gray image or what ever.

I've become somewhat good with MS Paint over the years, and have been searching for a program like this for a while but have come up empty handed. If anyone knows of such a thing, and would like to share its existence then by all means, please do.

If there is such a thing out there that contains these three key elements, then you all can look forward to some very nice animations in the future coming from this guy right here.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Searching For a Specific Program Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:06 PM Reply

At 6/14/12 11:15 AM, Arikardo wrote: Greetings, Newgrounds.

I have quite an oddlyspecific request in mind for you guys. Prepare yourselves.

Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks, and Illustrator (although it lacks the animation bits)
GIMP might work, but I don't know about its animation capabilities.
Full version of Graphics Gale has some sprite animation abilities I think...

You may be specific, but lots of programs cover your bases. I would suggest start doing in depth research on what what each program does as and then do some test runs on just about all of them to find one that suites you well
Here is a good place to start looking Art101 Programs
Also Here at Re2Deemer's List

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Arikardo
Arikardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Searching For a Specific Program Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:57 PM Reply

Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks, and Illustrator (although it lacks the animation bits)
GIMP might work, but I don't know about its animation capabilities.
Full version of Graphics Gale has some sprite animation abilities I think...

Thanks for the help. I've seen people use then pen tool and create some extremely smooth lines in various videos, but my problem here is that i can't make a steady line for the life of me. At least not with a mouse, that is. Thus explains why i'm asking for a program that has a curve tool, lol. Being left handed has its downfalls sometimes, but being a left handed artist is dreadful in my experience.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Searching For a Specific Program Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

You'll definitely want to upgrade to that pen tool. The curve tool is like the poor man's pen tool and doesn't work nearly as well.

BBS Signature
Arikardo
Arikardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Searching For a Specific Program Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM Reply

You'll definitely want to upgrade to that pen tool.

One does not simply upgrade to the pen tool. How could i make myself more adept to creating nice looking lines without the curve tool? I'm completely open to learn how, but the thing is, i've tried to use the pen tool countless times to make acceptable lines and failed in epic proportions.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Searching For a Specific Program Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 6/14/12 01:53 PM, Arikardo wrote:
You'll definitely want to upgrade to that pen tool.
One does not simply upgrade to the pen tool. How could i make myself more adept to creating nice looking lines without the curve tool? I'm completely open to learn how, but the thing is, i've tried to use the pen tool countless times to make acceptable lines and failed in epic proportions.

One does simply upgrade to the pen tool
The beauty of the pen tool is that the lines it creates are adjustable. So you no longer have to one shot or delete. And considering that the pen tool is in most programs, it is wasy to begin practicing.
Their is also the little bit of the pen tool being vector based so resizing becomes a pleasure rather than a hell.
All the inking in these were done in either photoshop or illustrator with the pen tool.

• Pinky Storm Trooper
    Pinky Storm Trooper by Kinsei01

And here is the final with Inks and a bit of color, although since it is gray scale I guess a bit of grays instead of color ...

Score
    3.937500000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Bacon!!!!
    Bacon!!!! by Kinsei01

BACON!

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kinsei01/water-rune-graphic?context=ratings:etm.user:17 32398.scouted:.offset:13http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kinsei01/pokeball-wall-paper?context=ratings:etm.user:1 732398.scouted:.offset:12http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kinsei01/froggy-weekly-color?context=ratings:etm.user:1 732398.scouted:.offset:30So yeah getting good lines is more than possible with the pen tool

BBS Signature