New Topic Respond to this Topic
ottermaniac
ottermaniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Exporting for Youtube Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:03 AM Reply

I'm having endless trouble trying to convert my Flash to a format that YouTube will like. I've used a bunch of converters but they're either watermarked or really shit quality. The best thing I've had so far is the .avi format which Flash let's you export to but it doesn't show movie clips and random little circles keep showing up on the video. I've also used video capture software but it misses out frames of the animation and ruins it considerably.

Does anyone know how NG artists manage to put their stuff on YouTube? I know it can't be that hard but I'm being a complete dumbass right now. Thanks for reading

fuck

veselekov
veselekov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Exporting for Youtube Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:07 AM Reply

At 6/14/12 05:03 AM, ottermaniac wrote: I'm having endless trouble trying to convert my Flash to a format that YouTube will like. I've used a bunch of converters but they're either watermarked or really shit quality. The best thing I've had so far is the .avi format which Flash let's you export to but it doesn't show movie clips and random little circles keep showing up on the video. I've also used video capture software but it misses out frames of the animation and ruins it considerably.

Does anyone know how NG artists manage to put their stuff on YouTube? I know it can't be that hard but I'm being a complete dumbass right now. Thanks for reading

Hey I saw this Zeurel's YouTube feed. It works pretty well. I haven't tried it yet but he seemed to swear by it. give it ago :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJUS4fHDio4&feature=plcp

ottermaniac
ottermaniac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Exporting for Youtube Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:19 AM Reply

At 6/14/12 05:07 AM, veselekov wrote:
At 6/14/12 05:03 AM, ottermaniac wrote: I'm having endless trouble trying to convert my Flash to a format that YouTube will like. I've used a bunch of converters but they're either watermarked or really shit quality. The best thing I've had so far is the .avi format which Flash let's you export to but it doesn't show movie clips and random little circles keep showing up on the video. I've also used video capture software but it misses out frames of the animation and ruins it considerably.

Hey I saw this Zeurel's YouTube feed. It works pretty well. I haven't tried it yet but he seemed to swear by it. give it ago :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJUS4fHDio4&feature=plcp

This looks pretty handy though I'm stuck at the part where you import the PNG images. Do you know what program he uses? I'm, trying the same in After Effects but it's not going so well D:

fuck

ExtremeFudgeMaster
ExtremeFudgeMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Exporting for Youtube Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 10:00 AM Reply

What I do is import the .swf into aftereffects, then export just the audio from flash and then pair the audio up with the .swf in aftereffects.

nathanielmilburn
nathanielmilburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Artist
Response to Exporting for Youtube Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 6/14/12 10:00 AM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: What I do is import the .swf into aftereffects, then export just the audio from flash and then pair the audio up with the .swf in aftereffects.

If shes using a lot of movie clips then it may not work that way, After Effects tend to just like Graphic Symbols. Unless the new After Effects can handle them better, I haven't tried using Movie Clips since they didn't work in previous versions.

ExtremeFudgeMaster
ExtremeFudgeMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Exporting for Youtube Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 6/14/12 10:49 AM, nathanielmilburn wrote:
If shes using a lot of movie clips then it may not work that way, After Effects tend to just like Graphic Symbols. Unless the new After Effects can handle them better, I haven't tried using Movie Clips since they didn't work in previous versions.

Yeah, I had to change all of my movie clips to graphics.

guitan11
guitan11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Exporting for Youtube Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 09:11 PM Reply

At 6/14/12 01:45 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote:
At 6/14/12 10:49 AM, nathanielmilburn wrote:
Yeah, I had to change all of my movie clips to graphics.

you could just buy a converter. its the easiest way to do it, but it will cost you some money. i got one for $50 and movieClips and actionscript shows up perfectly, although the quality drops just a tad, but nothing to be all jumpy about

I'LL SHOW YOU MY NEW MOVE!

BBS Signature
Generations1st
Generations1st
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Filmmaker
Response to Exporting for Youtube Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 01:04 AM Reply

I'll Admit Converting to Youtube's format is a pain, but it's not impossible, it really dose depend on how big your project is..
I could talk for 2 hours on which is the best way to convert, but it wont make any difference I've known they're always going to be flaws in converting from flash, unless you upload it directly from Flash pro CS6, from what I've heard i think its possible to do that without loosing it's quality..

BBS Signature