• 87 Replies
Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 03:33 AM

Ignore all of the racial things, focus on his war and political tactics, was Hitler a genius in your opinion?

i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 03:46 AM

he is not a genius. in fact, i think hitler is quite stupid.

according to some sources, one time, hitler paid a visit to mental asylum. the director instructed everyone (both patients and staff) there to salute to hitler once he arrived.

shortly afterwards, hitler did show up at the asylum, everyone gave a nazi salute to hilter, except the doorkeeper. when asked why he did not salute, the doorman said, "because i am not crazy."

apparently, hitler was not intelligent enough to understand the meaning behind. and this ultimately led to the fall of nazi germany in 1945.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 03:55 AM

He would have listened to his generals if he was smart. His madness was his downfall.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 04:55 AM

"They called Hitler crazy. But Hitler was not crazy. He was stupid. You don't fight Russia *and* America. You get Russia and America to fight each other... and destroy each other. "

-The Sum of All Fears

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 04:57 AM

He was intelligent but not a genius.

If you think about it he was much more intelligent than all of us posting in this thread in many ways.

At the same time though he made a lot of stupid mistakes during the war and he was pretty delusional.

The white nationalists go on about how he built lots of bridges but honestly that was probably just to benefit to his insane war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Dogbert581
Dogbert581
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 04:57 AM

Lets just look at some of the decisions he made during the War:

His 'Halt Order' in 1940, stopping the advancing German Army in France which gave British troops time to regroup and escape via Dunkirk. If the order hadnt been given it is likely the Wehrmacht would have been able to cut off a lot more of the BEF before they were evacuated

Indefinite postponement of Operation Sealion and instead initiated Barbarossa. Hitler in 1940/1941 was in pretty much the same position as Napoleon in 1812 - In control of most of Europe, with only UK (who were isolated and unable to mount a serious threat) against him. However, like Napoleon he turned away from Britain and attacked Russia

Sleeping in late and refusing to be disturbed during DDay. The generals needed Hitler's permission to move units around As a result Panzer divisons which could have stopped the attack at the beachheads couldn't be moved from their rear positions.

Militarily Hitler was the complete opposite of a genius. His problem was he believed the early successes of Blitzkrieg were due to his personal leadership rather than superior military tactics. He then made himself (previous military experience - 4 years rising to the rank of Corporal) able to overrule the decisions of Generals who had been in the army for 15-20 years

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 04:58 AM

At 6/14/12 03:55 AM, satanbrain wrote: He would have listened to his generals if he was smart. His madness was his downfall.

He was smart.I believe he was really smart.I just think when he got old he went crazy and that's why he was defeated.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:10 AM

At 6/14/12 04:55 AM, Painbringer wrote: "They called Hitler crazy. But Hitler was not crazy. He was stupid. You don't fight Russia *and* America. You get Russia and America to fight each other... and destroy each other. "

-The Sum of All Fears

I agree with this. I've thought of him as stupid and as crazy, but never as a genius. Had a knack for giving speeches I spose, that's about it.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 05:51 AM

At 6/14/12 04:55 AM, Painbringer wrote: "They called Hitler crazy. But Hitler was not crazy. He was stupid. You don't fight Russia *and* America. You get Russia and America to fight each other... and destroy each other. "

-The Sum of All Fears

Would not happen.

Russia had other plans for America.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 06:00 AM

He's about as smart as any of our politicians who only got powerful for their speeches.

bismuthfeldspar
bismuthfeldspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 07:32 AM

I think it's fun to say "HITLER WAS A STUPID DUMB DUMBY LOL" but that's not the truth. We just don't want to admit that sometimes the most intelligent charismatic people are capable of being despicable evil monsters.

I wouldn't exactly say he was a genius though, he had the intelligence to organize a political campaign, write speeches and play the political game to a certain degree, most of his success though was due to luck, there were many people like him trying many different political strategies for personal gain it's just that his style turned out to be the most succesful. Men like Goebbels who were more politically intelligent but less lucky would rise through the nazi ranks but Hitler had already taken his place as head.

Of course Hitler made several blunders in military strategy, he held back the blitz when it was about to capture the British and French army at Dunkirk, he diverted the luftwaffe to bomb London instead of the RAF, he didn't put as much effort into Operation Sealion as he did into Operation Barbarossa, he antagonised the balkans unnecessarily wasting and months postponing operation barborssa, he failed to properly equip operation Barbarossa as a contingency in case things went wrong, he fixated on capturing cities with millions of troops in gruelling urban warfare when he could have laid siege to them with just a few divisions who totally outclassed the besieged if they were foolish enough to try and break out, he failed to commit to north Africa, he failed to properly support Italy with instructors, industrial support and technology. His entire grand plan may have been wrong, many in the west and eastern europe would have leaped at the idea of allowing Germany and Japan to invade the Soviet Union in the wake of Stalin's purges, Germany had a population of 50 million and was far more developed while the Soviet Union had 100 million and was pretty much a third world country so it was entirely feasible if he didn't have to contend with the west as well. Then, after developing his military and taking control over most of Russia it wouldn't have been a challenge to brow beat eastern europe and blitz France. The US would have probably stayed isolationist at that point.

homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM

Let me answer your question with a series of other questions:

Would a genius have kept troops stationed in Berlin even though it was painfully clear there was absolutely no hope of winning there and more men were needed in the home country?

Would a genius have refused to move the government to a higher point in Germany when the allies were pushing forward through the country?

Would a genius have invaded Russia in the first place when the Third Reich was already fighting wars on two different fronts?

The answer is: FUCK NO. The man was a retard, so much so that everyone around him secretly plotted his downfall or was simply too scared to do anything. He had a massively inflated ego, no real military or strategic intelligence, and that's not even counting the fact that he perpetuated the holocaust.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM

At 6/14/12 03:33 AM, Skaren wrote: Ignore all of the racial things, focus on his war and political tactics, was Hitler a genius in your opinion?

His whole ideology was built on hatred and intolerance. Those both are traits to learn, Hitler failed to learn them. That's one. Second of all, he didn't really think his 'great plan' through. What when he conquers the world? What when he kills all the jews and arabs, and blacks, and everyone who isn't arian? What's next? What's after space colonization? Hitler did not understand the value of failure and balance, which even ancient japanese and chinese knew.

Have you read Mein Kampf? I bet not. There Hitler explained why he hated jews. You know why? Because he was eager to notice that some jews were working in newspapers, which did not glorify germany durning World War I, and beafore it. He was nothing but equivalent of stupid typical 'patriot' who can only call others from anti-patriots and faggots. He built all everything he had on hatred to other people, there were around 40 assassination attempts on him. But he survived them all, because as we all know, dumb people are lucky.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM

At 6/14/12 05:51 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: Would not happen.

Russia had other plans for America.

gurp

Was Hitler a Genius?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Ketzelkab
Ketzelkab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:22 AM

I think of Hitler as Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet. He never really wanted all that power, otherwise he would have taken over the world.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?
Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Catoblepas
Catoblepas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:31 AM

Well I guess he was quite smart, but It's quite stressful to wage a world war. Those sleepless nights are going to take their toll. Winston Churchill was an alcoholic. Hitler became a methamphetamine addict. He was too doped up to make any good decisions in the end.

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 09:36 AM

He was manipulative, a skilled politician, and a good public speaker.
In some other areas he wasn't skilled at all though. He was a terrible military strategist; his only experience was that of being a private in WWI and his generals were the only ones that ever handled the war with any success.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

If you are going to take over Europe, finish the fucking British first, before you open another fucking front. Napoleon got his ass kicked because he decided to go for Russia, and ended up losing most of his "Grande Armée".

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

War? No. Hitler's insistence on telling his field marshalls and generals how to run things caused Germany to fall faster during world war 2. This guy was a Corporal during world war 1. And here he is, in the political big chair, telling generals and commanders how to fight their war when these guys are career officers and soldiers compared to hitler's short stint as a messenger. He was an idiot. Hell, Roosevelt and Churchill were way more qualified than Hitler to lead their armies and give direct orders, but they concentrated on running the country back home after telling their officers to go over their and beat those Nazi's asses.

pirateplatypus
pirateplatypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

Hitler had his areas where he was very intelligent. He was very good at manipulating and uniting people. He was also crazier than a shit-house rat.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

At 6/14/12 03:46 AM, i-am-ghey wrote: he is not a genius. in fact, i think hitler is quite stupid.

All I got from it is that you think a doorman caused the fall of the Nazis.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Sekren17
Sekren17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

No he was just a huge douche who brutally murdered 11-17 million people in the holocaust.

NO, not a genius.

A sig I made all by myself, aren't I creative c:

BBS Signature
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

At 6/14/12 11:46 AM, SolidToad wrote:
At 6/14/12 03:46 AM, i-am-ghey wrote: he is not a genius. in fact, i think hitler is quite stupid.
All I got from it is that you think a doorman caused the fall of the Nazis.

yeah, pretty much.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Yeah, he was a genius. I don't think anyone can deny that.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

hitler was a closeted homo who secretly took it up the ass from his soldiers everyday

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

Yes, I'd rank him up there with Alexander the great (His empire was so big that when he died it was split in three) if he hadn't lost the war. He was a brilliant strategist. And from a purely logical perspective if the allies hadn't done EXACTLY that they did he probably would've won the war.

Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

you must NOT be a genius to ask this obviously he was a genius brining germany to conquest after a fucking depression an shit fool if you retawded???

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

Hitler himself wasn't, but he was smart enough to surround himself with a lot of brilliant people. Of course, as people have already pointed out, he eventually became so full of himself that he ignored much of their advice.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

As a warlord, he was clever. As a statesman, he wasn't.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.
Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

bismuthfeldspar
bismuthfeldspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Was Hitler a Genius? Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 12:36 PM

At 6/14/12 12:10 PM, Baby-Bottle-Bob wrote: hitler was a closeted homo who secretly took it up the ass from his soldiers everyday

wow, no one has ever said that about the nazis before, you're so cool for sticking it to the man when most people are too afraid