New Topic Respond to this Topic
Arikardo
Arikardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Pen & Paper, to Bamboo Tablet? 2012-06-14 00:38:22 Reply

Hi, I've been drawing back and forth for years with MS Paint, and good old pen and paper, and have noticed that i can bring much more to the table with MS Paint, rather than free-handing. I'm much better at drawing with pen and paper, but lack the ability to shade/color anything i draw, so my question here is, since i'm fluent with drawing by hand, would switching to a Bamboo Tablet be any better for me? Would it perhaps surpass my MS Paint art? I'm very interested in anime and manga, and wish to draw and create them as a career, so i just need some advice for what would be better. Pen and Paper, or Stylus and Bamboo?

Below is an (awful) example of a recent MS Painting, and Free Handing with an Ink Pen.

Pen & Paper, to Bamboo Tablet?

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Pen & Paper, to Bamboo Tablet? 2012-06-14 04:23:07 Reply

At 6/14/12 12:38 AM, Arikardo wrote: ...my question here is, since i'm fluent with drawing by hand, would switching to a Bamboo Tablet be any better for me?

Yes it would; I also suggest looking into some other software for making art; there's a couple of free ones but I hear manga studio (USD 50,-) is pretty good, so that might be a good one if you wanna do manga/anime.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Clueless-queen
Clueless-queen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Pen & Paper, to Bamboo Tablet? 2012-06-17 19:29:43 Reply

I think you should give the tablet a shot. I myself just got one and find I can do a lot more with it creative wise. It may take some time getting used to though. good luck!