New Topic Respond to this Topic
iamgrimreaper
iamgrimreaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Get User's High-score - Ng Api 2012-06-12 20:12:26 Reply

The Newgrounds Flash API wiki is still a bit fuzzy at the moment, so I was wondering if anybody's figured out how to get the currently logged-in user's highest score. I was thinking of loading all of the scores from the score board, and just finding the player's score, but I feel like that would be too intensive if there's a lot of scores.

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to Get User's High-score - Ng Api 2012-06-12 21:05:02 Reply

At 6/12/12 08:12 PM, iamgrimreaper wrote: The Newgrounds Flash API wiki is still a bit fuzzy at the moment, so I was wondering if anybody's figured out how to get the currently logged-in user's highest score. I was thinking of loading all of the scores from the score board, and just finding the player's score, but I feel like that would be too intensive if there's a lot of scores.

Is storing the scores locally a problem? SharedObjects would save the highest score from your game per website per computer (NG and Kong for instance can't share the same local high scores, and it wouldn't be linked to the NG account at all).

iamgrimreaper
iamgrimreaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Get User's High-score - Ng Api 2012-06-13 08:58:13 Reply

At 6/12/12 09:05 PM, MSGhero wrote: Is storing the scores locally a problem? SharedObjects would save the highest score from your game per website per computer (NG and Kong for instance can't share the same local high scores, and it wouldn't be linked to the NG account at all).

Well I wanted the player's high score to be the same wherever he goes, so no the player's highest score can't be saved locally.

BBS Signature