New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 04:17 AM Reply

I'm open to team up with anyone. I use FL Studio.
Lets hope living in different time-zones doesn't mess up the workflow.

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 05:40 AM Reply

At 6/11/12 07:57 PM, CidiousClef wrote: I vote for D#.

d# all day. i'm interested in participating; i've got a friend off of newgrounds who would probably be interested in putting something together with me

papkee
papkee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 10:14 PM Reply

I'm interested in this. Do we just say that here? Or do we go to the other thread?

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 6/13/12 10:14 PM, papkee wrote: I'm interested in this. Do we just say that here? Or do we go to the other thread?

Yeah you just say that here. Then this one is the discussion thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1303852/7

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 16th, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 6/13/12 11:20 PM, Trampzy wrote:
At 6/13/12 10:14 PM, papkee wrote: I'm interested in this. Do we just say that here? Or do we go to the other thread?
Yeah you just say that here. Then this one is the discussion thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1303852/7

Nobody else wants to join? O.o

alienchao
alienchao
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 17th, 2012 @ 11:15 PM Reply

I'm in! I use Fl Studio, and I'm not really preferential about key.

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

Hey I am looking for a partner/collaborator.

I generally do folk and classical music but I can be available for other electronic genres

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Bump

DannyMirage
DannyMirage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 05:08 AM Reply

At 6/23/12 01:16 PM, zelazon wrote: Bump

sign me up, I'm interested.
I use FL studio and NI Massive. I'm in GMT -6 and I'm best with dubstep.

Or4nges
Or4nges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 06:40 AM Reply

Can I get in on this? Sounds fun.

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

I'm up to this... Classical/Cinematic-Orchestral with Finale 2009 (work with me and we'll be sending .MIDIs back and forth until we master it at the end) and EWQL instruments.

why the heck do you guys want to do a sharp key though? Sharp keys are disgusting... :P

Ab Maj./F Min. is nice.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 25th, 2012 @ 11:55 PM Reply

At 6/25/12 11:00 PM, samulis wrote: why the heck do you guys want to do a sharp key though? Sharp keys are disgusting... :P

Sharp key is for real men, ONLY! Jk, I'm up for a collab.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM Reply

At 6/25/12 11:00 PM, samulis wrote: I'm up to this... Classical/Cinematic-Orchestral with Finale 2009 (work with me and we'll be sending .MIDIs back and forth until we master it at the end) and EWQL instruments.

why the heck do you guys want to do a sharp key though? Sharp keys are disgusting... :P

Ab Maj./F Min. is nice.

Don't ask me lol... I want some "kenny G" lol.

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 09:23 AM Reply

Ok, we have enough people, i think it could be any genre, i mean, every member can do a drm n bass over an orchestral piece etc... Obviously, it must sound good, and it must match with the piece before the new one :/

Only the champions and winners click the link :P

BBS Signature
Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

Sounds interesting enough! I don't really know any person on NG, but I'm happy to collaborate with anyone. Just check out my music on my profile and hit me up with a PM if you're interested! If nobody wants to collaborate before the deadline, I'll whip up a tune with a good friend of mine who's not on NG ( since the rules said that's okay too ).
However, it'd be awesome to work with someone within NG.

New tune: Yag

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 12:12 PM, Syztm wrote: Sounds interesting enough! I don't really know any person on NG, but I'm happy to collaborate with anyone. Just check out my music on my profile and hit me up with a PM if you're interested...

Welcome to NG! :)

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Seems like he's been here for awhile o.o

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 6/26/12 09:47 PM, zelazon wrote:
Seems like he's been here for awhile o.o

I wouldn't trust it by the sign up date because those don't mean shit, but he does have more the 1k BBS posts....

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 26th, 2012 @ 11:15 PM Reply

Lol. about the collab, why dont we make it aleatory, i mean, i upload a part, and someone tries to continue it, the limit should be 15 seconds or something else :/ But its only an idea...

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 27th, 2012 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 6/26/12 11:15 PM, ESTAR48 wrote: Lol. about the collab, why dont we make it aleatory, i mean, i upload a part, and someone tries to continue it, the limit should be 15 seconds or something else :/ But its only an idea...

People have been making suggestions like this, but it's hard to calculate how long the song should be without knowing exactly the amount of people we'll have to work with... I'd rather people leave and have more time to work with, then we start and people join, making us have to shorten what we have.

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 27th, 2012 @ 12:40 AM Reply

I'm praying that we don't start too soon, because I'm trying to whip up the money to buy Komplete 8 first. Despite my efforts I've been pulled into the world of soft synths... I mean Massive is just fucking cool. Anyways buying a new hard synth ever time I need to do something different just doesn't work out right now. Maybe someday when I'm rich~~...........

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 27th, 2012 @ 04:56 AM Reply

At 6/26/12 07:41 PM, ESTAR48 wrote:
At 6/26/12 12:12 PM, Syztm wrote: Sounds interesting enough! I don't really know any person on NG, but I'm happy to collaborate with anyone. Just check out my music on my profile and hit me up with a PM if you're interested...

Lol thanks, I've actually been here for a while but I never really bothered talking with anybody in person here :P

New tune: Yag

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Bumped off a cliff... the thread falls forever into the abyss known as outdated thread post that continues to try to live but is slowly on the brink of death... it raises it's hand slowly, but falls quickly as the life it had once known was swiftly taken from it...

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

Haha, I'll join!

Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 03:37 PM Reply

Welp, last bump before the sign-ups end on the 11th of this week... hurry before it ends

ESTAR48
ESTAR48
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 03:37 PM, zelazon wrote: Welp, last bump before the sign-ups end on the 11th of this week... hurry before it ends

Then, are you sending Pms about the collab to all collab members right?

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 04:13 PM, ESTAR48 wrote:
At 7/7/12 03:37 PM, zelazon wrote: Welp, last bump before the sign-ups end on the 11th of this week... hurry before it ends
Then, are you sending Pms about the collab to all collab members right?

Yea, I'm most likely going to send it out on the 10th because by then I'll have a good idea of who's in it (even though it's most likely that the people who are in it now is what we have to work with)

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 04:26 PM, zelazon wrote: Yea, I'm most likely going to send it out on the 10th because by then I'll have a good idea of who's in it (even though it's most likely that the people who are in it now is what we have to work with)

So, I'm assuming after the 10th, sign-ups are closed, and we will discuss (and possibly, confirm) the details? Like the key (not sure if it's already chosen lol), the order of the groups etc etc?

Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 04:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 7/7/12 04:26 PM, zelazon wrote: Yea, I'm most likely going to send it out on the 10th because by then I'll have a good idea of who's in it (even though it's most likely that the people who are in it now is what we have to work with)
So, I'm assuming after the 10th, sign-ups are closed, and we will discuss (and possibly, confirm) the details? Like the key (not sure if it's already chosen lol), the order of the groups etc etc?

I was kinda wondering about all this... Nothing really seems to be in place yet, especially since our threads have been so lifeless the last 2 weeks.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Team Audio Collab Sign-ups! Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 05:39 PM, Trampzy wrote:
At 7/7/12 04:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
I was kinda wondering about all this... Nothing really seems to be in place yet, especially since our threads have been so lifeless the last 2 weeks.

Well, what we know is:

D# is the key (Or Eb as Samulis brough up in the discussion thread)
The collab is going to be a max of 10 mins long (confirmed by ChimeraNoise)
Groups of people (2+) are going to be working on parts (doesn't have to be strict about who works on what)

What we don't know is:

The format of the collab (ChimeraNoise is going to be doing the mixing/mastering so the decision really relies on them this time)
Time sigs (It's ambigous whether people want to stick to a strict time sig or do their own thing... we'll figure it out as the collab progresses)

But for right now, it's just been the sign-ups point... it's been really hard to make decision since I didn't know how many people would be joining this thing... but it looks like about 30 have signed up, so pretty much a couple of things can happen if it resides at this number:

1. we can have 10 groups working on 30 second parts who are signed into the collab, and 10 group who are signed in, but have a partner outside of the collab also working on their 30 second parts so everything fits nicely within the frame of 10 minutes.

2. We can have people group together (like 4-6 people to craft their part within the collab, and because they would be working on a single part of the collab, they would be allocated extra time (4 people = 1 minute; 6 = 1:30), basically if you wanted more then the 30 second share, you can collaborate in that type of way. However, note that this applies to people who signed into the collab. Those who join outside of the collab will not have time allocated to them (extending from 2+ people)... sort of the perk of joining the collab.

But overall, I'm being pretty flexible about this a long as the main standards are met. I would give more time to the people who didn't join, but it seem unfair to those who did join the collab during the time frame to be given the same kind of treatment to those that didn't. Besides, the punishment isn't terrible anyway lol.

What else do you guys think you would need to know?

(Going to post this in the discussion thread)