Be a Supporter!

C++ Pawns all other Languages

  • 6,359 Views
  • 131 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-11 15:02:04 Reply

Its is the King of Kings, that's why top video game companies use it.

Prove me wrong?


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-11 15:43:59 Reply

At 6/11/12 03:02 PM, apocalypseven wrote: Its is the King of Kings, that's why top video game companies use it.

Prove me wrong?

Build a website with it.


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-11 15:52:05 Reply

C++ is good at certain things, such as number crunching and polymorphism.
It's absolutely terrible at others, such as GUI development or socket programming.

High budget video game titles are produced using C++ because it can hammer out excellent frame rates, and is fairly trivial to develop across multiple platforms (depending on the platforms, of course).
It being used so ubiquitously in the video game industry doesn't make it better than other languages; it is just, more often than not, better suited for developing high budget/profile games.

To add on to things that C++ is horrible at: developing websites. Python (with Django/Flask/Pyramid) and Ruby (with Ruby on Rails) are far better choices for web development than C++ is, though you can still develop websites entirely in C++. That doesn't make Python or Ruby better languages.

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-11 16:57:17 Reply

I think its used in the video game industry because there is so much going on at one time, its very fast and efficient.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-11 17:19:26 Reply

How much experience do you have writing C++?

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-11 18:45:52 Reply

At 6/11/12 04:57 PM, apocalypseven wrote: I think its used in the video game industry because there is so much going on at one time, its very fast and efficient.

First, how much do you know about C++?

Finally, there is more than 1 type of programming language(s). And plus, each type of languages is for different purposes.

At 6/11/12 03:43 PM, Jon-86 wrote:
At 6/11/12 03:02 PM, apocalypseven wrote: Its is the King of Kings, that's why top video game companies use it.

Prove me wrong?
Build a website with it.

Argument invalid. I'm not defending OP here since its maker is a successful troll (see General forum).

But know the different between web programming language (are you talking about HTML?) and object-oriented programming language (C++).

They are like fucking orange and apple.

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-11 22:33:25 Reply

You can code anything in C++, even websites, websites are purposely coded in half ass languages to make them slow to keep you hooked on the websites and keep you coming back.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 11:05:04 Reply

At 6/11/12 10:33 PM, apocalypseven wrote: You can code anything in C++, even websites.

I just want to kill myself. There are differences between mandatory/framework language and embedded language, professor Apocalypseven.

In fact you can embed any language, including x86 ASM. Python is multi purposes language already so C++ is basically in the trash can when come to speed and stabilizability. Other languages are C#, OOC, Perl and true king of the king: Java.

Seriously, go home and actually learn C++ properly.

Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 15:52:11 Reply

At 6/11/12 06:45 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Argument invalid. I'm not defending OP here since its maker is a successful troll (see General forum).

I wouldn't say so, the third point Diki made is what I was basically getting at. I knew this post was a cheap attempt at trolling, but it doesn't work here because we actually have decent conversations.

I just know compared to alternatives C++ would be less productive to build sites with from scratch. Never said it was impossible. I just said try it :)


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature
apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 18:23:02 Reply

YOu guys are all brainwashed, python is a piece of shit, no one even learns C++ because its too difficult for them or their too lazy.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
Zangrutz
Zangrutz
  • Member since: May. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 18:53:33 Reply

At 6/12/12 06:23 PM, apocalypseven wrote: YOu guys are all brainwashed, python is a piece of shit, no one even learns C++ because its too difficult for them or their too lazy.

Sorry for mentoining this, I'm not a grammar nazy (I've terrible grammar too) but "their" != "they're". Anyway, why do you overpower C++? And why do you argue? Lol god, it's a programming language.. and then what? I won't learn it, but it's not because I'm too lazy or too difficult, it's just: "I won't use it, then why have it?". Many people prefer to other languages to develop different type of applications in different platforms. Such as PHP5 as others said.. You shouldn't compare these languages!

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 20:22:04 Reply

At 6/12/12 03:52 PM, Jon-86 wrote: I wouldn't say so, the third point Diki made is what I was basically getting at. I knew this post was a cheap attempt at trolling, but it doesn't work here because we actually have decent conversations.

:-) I should have checked other posts before posting. I apologize then.

everette00
everette00
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 20:28:10 Reply

At 6/12/12 06:23 PM, apocalypseven wrote: YOu guys are all brainwashed, python is a piece of shit, no one even learns C++ because its too difficult for them or their too lazy.

No. I'll state something that you would know if you knew C++: no developer in their right mind uses C++ for applications that don't require extreme performance. Especially web developers. It has nothing to do with laziness but a lot with difficulty and downtime. C++ requires much more time spent developing a complex feature than a language like Python. That is one reason Python was invented - it fits the niche of rapid development.

Also, if you knew even half of what you're talking about, you'd know that no programming language is the best. Oh, and I learned C++ on my own. So that would be another assumption you've made of C++. Seriously, how many people do you think work in the video game industry?

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 21:02:28 Reply

Well I will end with this, no one even knows what programming is, if your aware of it or not someone taught us these languages, we were handpicked.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 21:25:46 Reply

At 6/12/12 09:02 PM, apocalypseven wrote: Well I will end with this, no one even knows what programming is, if your aware of it or not someone taught us these languages, we were handpicked.

You are the worst troll I have ever seen. Eh? Learn a programming without knowing its purposes. Then why did you learn it for?

As everette00 stated it, there is no best language. That's why people have to learn new language(s) every time something is being improved.

Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-12 22:09:22 Reply

If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane.
Also, you're a pretty lousy troll.

everette00
everette00
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 03:46:07 Reply

At 6/12/12 10:09 PM, Diki wrote: If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane.
Also, you're a pretty lousy troll.

Suriously. I love Python. Such a great language.

At 6/12/12 09:02 PM, apocalypseven wrote: Well I will end with this, no one even knows what programming is, if your aware of it or not someone taught us these languages, we were handpicked.

What in the world are you rambling on about? Are you having a seizure or something?

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 10:05:58 Reply

At 6/12/12 09:25 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote:

:Learn a programming without knowing its purposes. Then why did you learn it for?

I learned it for video game production.


As everette00 stated it, there is no best language. That's why people have to learn new language(s) every time something is being improved.

I think there is though, look at all the software and the different languages to use them, the best software where it be video games/airport/banks is C++.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
everette00
everette00
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 11:55:21 Reply

At 6/13/12 10:05 AM, apocalypseven wrote:
At 6/12/12 09:25 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote:
Learn a programming without knowing its purposes. Then why did you learn it for?
I learned it for video game production.

Then how did you learn C++ if no one knows what programming is? By your statement, there would be no way to learn programming.

As everette00 stated it, there is no best language. That's why people have to learn new language(s) every time something is being improved.
I think there is though, look at all the software and the different languages to use them, the best software where it be video games/airport/banks is C++.

That's the problem - you think. You don't have any factual evidence that C++ is the best. Just because something is used widely for one area of software development does not make it the best. That's the same as saying that incandescent light bulbs are the best. They aren't. They're expensive in the long-term and they waste electricity. But hell, for more than a century, we've been using them as the only major source of artificial lighting in homes.

Also, how do you know airports and banks use C++ for their software? Do you write code for them?

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 12:12:40 Reply

At 6/13/12 10:05 AM, apocalypseven wrote: I learned it for video game production.

Good god, almost every wannabe game designer I met said C++ is good but non can point out why it is good. What a bunch of brainwashed lunatics.

Want an answer? You were right on speed. C++ is a procedural language. Wannabes like you might heard of that term 'procedural' in game programming; especially the graphic programming field. You may want to read more. Set it to the simpler explanation is you want to use a certain few set of instructions to perform larger sets of instruction.

I think there is though, look at all the software and the different languages to use them, the best software where it be video games/airport/banks is C++.

What you heard isn't like what you experienced with. Anyone on this forum can easily beat your argument with a few demonstrations. SImply just go to Google or similar search engines and please Research more. And no, I wouldn't recommend C++ for banking and aviation.

Hell, am I feeding the trolls here?

everette00
everette00
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 13:12:39 Reply

At 6/13/12 12:12 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Good god, almost every wannabe game designer I met said C++ is good but non can point out why it is good. What a bunch of brainwashed lunatics.

Want an answer? You were right on speed. C++ is a procedural language.

I don't mean to shift the focus to you, but C++ is not a procedural programming language. C is, though.

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 13:26:11 Reply

At 6/13/12 11:55 AM, everette00 wrote:
Then how did you learn C++ if no one knows what programming is? By your statement, there would be no way to learn programming.

That is what I'm trying to say, you cannot learn these complex languages, you have to be taught by an insider, the coders are picking us off because of our high IQ and telling us to read these code books, play games, watch the matrix, blah blah blah.

Also, how do you know airports and banks use C++ for their software? Do you write code for them?

You can just tell, or are they using python? LOL, there whole system would crash in 2 hours if they used that weak language. I don't write code for them, that's not what I want to do, I do strictly video game code.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
everette00
everette00
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 13:48:29 Reply

At 6/13/12 01:26 PM, apocalypseven wrote:
At 6/13/12 11:55 AM, everette00 wrote:
Then how did you learn C++ if no one knows what programming is? By your statement, there would be no way to learn programming.
That is what I'm trying to say, you cannot learn these complex languages, you have to be taught by an insider, the coders are picking us off because of our high IQ and telling us to read these code books, play games, watch the matrix, blah blah blah.

What do you think someone is when they program? Where do you think the word "coder" comes from? There isn't a great divide by the divine beings that write software and the evil coders whom want to disrupt software development. There isn't even a difference. You write software, you're a coder. You code, you write software. Where did you come up with this crap?

Also, how do you know airports and banks use C++ for their software? Do you write code for them?
You can just tell, or are they using python? LOL, there whole system would crash in 2 hours if they used that weak language. I don't write code for them, that's not what I want to do, I do strictly video game code.

Obviously you know nothing about programming by making that statement. Nothing at all. And there you are again, "video game code." You're quite the Contradictory Harry, aren't ya? You aren't going to win here. Your attempts to troll aren't mete by an inability to reason with logic. You're just spouting what ever comes to mind and none of it makes any bit of sense.

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 14:26:22 Reply

At 6/13/12 01:48 PM, everette00 wrote:
Obviously you know nothing about programming by making that statement. Nothing at all. And there you are again, "video game code." You're quite the Contradictory Harry, aren't ya? You aren't going to win here. Your attempts to troll aren't mete by an inability to reason with logic. You're just spouting what ever comes to mind and none of it makes any bit of sense.

Okay , you will be playing my games on NG soon leaving a 5 start review, so mock me all you want.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
everette00
everette00
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 15:08:32 Reply

At 6/13/12 02:26 PM, apocalypseven wrote: Okay , you will be playing my games on NG soon leaving a 5 start review, so mock me all you want.

So you aren't going to be using C++? I thought it was the "king of kings"?

arkrix
arkrix
  • Member since: May. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 17:06:15 Reply

At 6/12/12 11:05 AM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: ...
In fact you can embed any language, including x86 ASM. Python is multi purposes language already so C++ is basically in the trash can when come to speed and stabilizability. Other languages are C#, OOC, Perl and true king of the king: Java.
...

Wait, what?

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 17:06:42 Reply

At 6/13/12 02:26 PM, apocalypseven wrote: Okay , you will be playing my games on NG soon leaving a 5 start review, so mock me all you want.

You ditch C++ argument, I see. For a head start, if you want to translate C++ to ActionScript, get Adobe Alchemy.

apocalypseven
apocalypseven
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 20:52:58 Reply

I'm using Actionscript 3 for the games, thanks for the tip for the conversion, but I'll use this dumbed down language for now, because if I use C++ now you thieves will jack my source code, LMAO.


" Women are dumb sheep who would rather fuck a Silverback than Einstein." - EisUndStahl

BBS Signature
everette00
everette00
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 21:36:40 Reply

At 6/13/12 08:52 PM, apocalypseven wrote: I'm using Actionscript 3 for the games, thanks for the tip for the conversion, but I'll use this dumbed down language for now, because if I use C++ now you thieves will jack my source code, LMAO.

This statement has made today the worst day in existence on Newgrounds.

Diki
Diki
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Programmer
Response to C++ Pawns all other Languages 2012-06-13 21:57:44 Reply

At 6/13/12 09:36 PM, everette00 wrote: This statement has made today the worst day in existence on Newgrounds.

He's trolling; I wouldn't worry about it.