are sure tom

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 11:35 AM Reply

The Forsaken City is going to be cool :)

JerrodStorm
JerrodStorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 06:05 PM, Razz wrote:
This sounds pretty greedy. I read what they're using the money for, and it's for nothing more than to pay their own personal salary. $18,500 for the lead animator for 4 episodes. 18500/ 4 = 4625 PER EPISODE. Fuck that guy, fuck him with a sharp stick. Profiting off a man's death? Fucking disgusting.

4,000$ per episode? I found this:

"For the record, unless youâEUTMre getting someone right out of school thatâEUTMs desperate to get work on their reel, a seven minute cartoon will cost anywhere from $15,000 to $50,000 depending on the level of detail."

the rest is at this blog.

And if you think profiting off another man's death is sickening, what about morticians? Coffin makers? Governments who levy a death tax? What about all of the people who've taken over a business after the death of its creator? Get some perspective before you continue to bash people.

I'm a Mormon. :D

BBS Signature
Pocru
Pocru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

I'm a poor student like a lot of the people here, but I still gave to the Kickstarter what I could. I honestly don't think thre's an excuse for not giving at least $10 if you've got a computer and internet good enough to let you play games and watch videos on Newgrounds if you really wanted to see the Forsaken City become a reality. =/

We don't have much time, and I've sort of lost hope, but come on, Newgrounds--dig into your pockets! We're a community, and we should be supporting our own! I know we're better than this!

Thanks...

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Made me cry....

NATA Update, Funding Requests

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 10:26 PM Reply

Yeah Natas are cool cleavers.

NATA Update, Funding Requests

PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 10:56 PM Reply

I don't really see the point of this kickstarter campaign. We have so much talent here on newgrounds and I've never heard of any of these guys. It seems like kind of a sham to be honest. I would love to see kickstarters made by TRUE newgrounders to make a huge game or a big collaborative project that actually significantly benefits the site or the community. This seems way forced. I still donated, though because I love this site and Tom seems to feel strongly about it.

BBS Signature
BSTHEDOG
BSTHEDOG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 01:27 AM Reply

This sounds pretty greedy. I read what they're using the money for, and it's for nothing more than to pay their own personal salary. $18,500 for the lead animator for 4 episodes. 18500/ 4 = 4625 PER EPISODE. Fuck that guy, fuck him with a sharp stick. Profiting off a man's death? Fucking disgusting.

Well, He'll be making a below poverty line profit which is nothing too special...

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 05:53 AM Reply

Entertaining thread to say the least. Thank you, folks. (Half of yall need to get laid)

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Yusuf
Yusuf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 06:18 PM, redminus wrote:
At 6/11/12 06:05 PM, Razz wrote:
At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!
lol "profiting", dunno if you've heard of this concept or what but its called "having a job". I know it's crazy to imagine that someone would want to be paid for months of work making content for people to watch for free, but hey it's a crazy world we live in nowadays where everyone is WOW so entitled! Also evidently you didn't read it as thoroughly as you claim, the kickstarter states 4 long episodes and 4 "mini" ones, that adds up to 8 when I do the math, and also states that it's over the course of the year. Wow $18500 for what will undoubtedly be a year of working constantly WHAT A GREEDY FUCK

And just to expand on RedMinus's comment (which is 100% true), £18500 is pretty much JUST above the UK's minimum wage. They are pretty much doing this for the ABSOLUTE minimum that they can, which really just proves how greedy they AREN'T.

Watch "I Like Vegetables"!
Click below for my website!

BBS Signature
GristlyBear
GristlyBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Eddsworld has 52 grand and 50 days left! Maybe that movie'll happen ;D

BBS Signature
StalkerGuy
StalkerGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

I think getting 48 individual characters that donated $300+ to the show into only four episodes will pretty much ruin it.

fu

MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 10:56 PM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote: I don't really see the point of this kickstarter campaign. We have so much talent here on newgrounds and I've never heard of any of these guys. It seems like kind of a sham to be honest. I would love to see kickstarters made by TRUE newgrounders to make a huge game or a big collaborative project that actually significantly benefits the site or the community. This seems way forced. I still donated, though because I love this site and Tom seems to feel strongly about it.

I'd say if more of the story was revealed (with actual dialogue) and more creators were involved with their inherit characters, it probably be a better sell.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 13th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

Do I get it right, that PayPal donations are not included in the current total on kickstarter yet?

I am not even dreaming that there is enough money on there already to get somewhere close to the desired 30k but it would be interesting to see how much that additional donation method really helps.

Only 5 days to go, but I still hope a miracle happens and carries this thing safely over the 30k mark.

Congrats to the Eddsworld crew, it's amazing how fast the fans and supporters raised the money!

BBS Signature
Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 6/12/12 11:35 AM, Rawnern wrote: The Forsaken City is going to be cool :)

Too bad it'll never be funded.

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 14th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM Reply

I donated $25 to Edd's Indiegogo cause! Yay me :3

largecashloans
largecashloans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 07:16 PM Reply

I am super excited for this to work out! I wish I could donate more money to the cause. Everyone, check out my profile on this site, http://largecashloans.newgrounds.com/, if you want to see the hottest games around.