TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 02:52 PM Reply

The Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation Novice Round has ended. Check out the entries!

The Intermediate Round is now in progress.

The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!

It would also of course be awesome if you could contribute to Newgrounds: The Forsaken City on Kickstarter. Just seven days remain. If 740 people buy the DVD or 529 buy the Blu Ray, this series will become a reality and will premier here on NG!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 02:55 PM Reply

So glad BPremo made it to the next NATA round. Smart move, Mr. Fulp.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Newgrounds: The Forsaken City on Kickstarter. Just seven days remain.

Jeez... That's a lot of money, and not a lot of time. Think we can make it? I'd donate, but I'm bled dry. I'm eating nothing but Top Ramen these days.

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM Reply

I really want to see that Newgrounds Forsaken City, Tom. I also want to afford school. I'll think about it.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:04 PM Reply

Perhaps this project may turn to better funding(s) if we just follow this XKCD comic.

Sandremss128
Sandremss128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Programmer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:04 PM Reply

I would love to contribute to Newgrounds Forsaken City but unfortunately kickstarter thinks the whole world runs on credit cards.. I simply cant pay with paypal or something :/

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 04:04 PM, Sandremss128 wrote: I would love to contribute to Newgrounds Forsaken City but unfortunately kickstarter thinks the whole world runs on credit cards.. I simply cant pay with paypal or something :/

Paypal donation link. This link should also be publicized for people who haven't seen it and don't have credit cards.

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Dammit NG, give kickstarter your money!

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
LampFace
LampFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!

What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

Cool

Hope everything goes well with this and the outcome, good luck to all who enter.

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 04:25 PM, LampFace wrote: What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1299657

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
CatFat
CatFat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

Already pledged $50 to the forsaken city :)
I plan on donating to the eddsworld fund too, once the weather finally stops urinating on us and I can go out and try to make some money.. :\

PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature
BlackToothSaber
BlackToothSaber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 04:25 PM, LampFace wrote:
What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

Unfortunately he died. You could of looked into the link he posted, they explain it all.

LampFace
LampFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/11/12 04:25 PM, LampFace wrote: What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

Thanks, that sucks I hope everyone who knew him is alright.

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 34
Musician
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 05:10 PM, LampFace wrote:
At 6/11/12 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Thanks, that sucks I hope everyone who knew him is alright.

im surprised you didn't hear about that...it was pretty BIG news on here...

Formally known as Viper50
When life gives you lemons...squirt juice in your enemy's eyes!
Not very important but my lastfm. I guess you can click on it if you want.

BBS Signature
LampFace
LampFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 05:13 PM, Viper50 wrote:

im surprised you didn't hear about that...it was pretty BIG news on here...

I was active on here around that time.

pirateplatypus
pirateplatypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

The NG series looks very cool. If I had a dime to my name I'd get a copy. That being said I'm almost at the point of starting a kickstarter to keep me off the streets.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!

This sounds pretty greedy. I read what they're using the money for, and it's for nothing more than to pay their own personal salary. $18,500 for the lead animator for 4 episodes. 18500/ 4 = 4625 PER EPISODE. Fuck that guy, fuck him with a sharp stick. Profiting off a man's death? Fucking disgusting.

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 06:05 PM, Razz wrote:
At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!
This sounds pretty greedy. I read what they're using the money for, and it's for nothing more than to pay their own personal salary. $18,500 for the lead animator for 4 episodes. 18500/ 4 = 4625 PER EPISODE. Fuck that guy, fuck him with a sharp stick. Profiting off a man's death? Fucking disgusting.

Well... I don't know how long it takes them to make these, but if that one guy alone is making one episode - let's say it's a ten minute long episode and it takes him two months to complete - that's $2,312.50 for that, which really doesn't seem to be all that much, even just for one guy.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 06:16 PM, BananasFoster wrote:
Well... I don't know how long it takes them to make these, but if that one guy alone is making one episode - let's say it's a ten minute long episode and it takes him two months to complete - that's $2,312.50 for that, which really doesn't seem to be all that much, even just for one guy.

Whoops, I meant to say that that is $2,312.50 per month if he takes two months to make one episode, which seems pretty reasonable.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
redminus
redminus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

lol "profiting", dunno if you've heard of this concept or what but its called "having a job". I know it's crazy to imagine that someone would want to be paid for months of work making content for people to watch for free, but hey it's a crazy world we live in nowadays where everyone is WOW so entitled! Also evidently you didn't read it as thoroughly as you claim, the kickstarter states 4 long episodes and 4 "mini" ones, that adds up to 8 when I do the math, and also states that it's over the course of the year. Wow $18500 for what will undoubtedly be a year of working constantly WHAT A GREEDY FUCK

f12guy
f12guy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Forsaken City needs a miracle to get funded.

Does anyone actually read these?

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Movie Buff
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 07:37 PM Reply

I'll do my best to support you guys soon

Other then that stay classy NG!

I have a penis

BBS Signature
Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 08:59 PM Reply

Broken link? Or maybe they called it off?

Also, I think the issue with the Forsaken City guys is that they are very talented, but have very little reputation and little to actually show that's on the internet and thus don't have a real fan base built up behind them. I realize to raise the thousands needed for a kickstarter, you really either need an idea that is generalized and people can get behind, or a dedicated following for your personal projects. The Forsaken City has neither of these, so I don't have much faith enough money can be raised for it.

Its a shame, but perhaps these guys need to do several shorter term projects for the internet, something that doesn't cost thousands, just to build up some reputation and really show what they can do. Its an awful ambitious project for a bunch of relative nobodies, so its unlikely to really succeed, but I have faith that they could do something really amazing. It's just that their own anonymity is against them.

:U

Rocinante
Rocinante
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

'The page you are looking for is no longer available or has been moved.'

Got this message when trying to visit the Eddsworld Indiegogo page.

BBS Signature
SystemOfAtte
SystemOfAtte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

As Tom stated, they only want the exact amount of $50,000(?). So I think he then removed it, for the reason being they couldn't profit off of it. (They're donating the money they make off of the videos.)
You can view the video here.

<make>Funny joke</make>
ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

SystemOfAtte
SystemOfAtte
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 09:24 PM, SystemOfAtte wrote: As Tom stated, they only want the exact amount of $50,000(?). So I think he then removed it, for the reason being they couldn't profit off of it. (They're donating the money they make off of the videos.)
You can view the video here.

Never mind. He said the fund raiser has been suspended for whatever reason.
He's working on fixing it..

<make>Funny joke</make>
ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

I-smel
I-smel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 12:46 AM Reply

Well Edd gave $5 to my dumbass Kickstarter, so GUH!! I GUESS I'M LOCKED IN to contribute to this guy's DIEING WISH. UGH! WHY DOES THE BAD STUFF ALWAYS LAND ON ME!!!

At 6/11/12 06:18 PM, redminus wrote:
lol "profiting", dunno if you've heard of this concept or what but its called "having a job". I know it's crazy to imagine that someone would want to be paid for months of work making content for people to watch for free, but hey it's a crazy world we live in nowadays where everyone is WOW so entitled! Also evidently you didn't read it as thoroughly as you claim, the kickstarter states 4 long episodes and 4 "mini" ones, that adds up to 8 when I do the math, and also states that it's over the course of the year. Wow $18500 for what will undoubtedly be a year of working constantly WHAT A GREEDY FUCK

You forgot to mention that all profits from anything Eddsworld (profit is bigger than the money you put in is USUALLY how these things go!) goes to helping people with cancer, and that the new animator is BULLLLOODY GOOD!

Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 02:17 AM Reply

I already donated to the Forsaken City, but I would definitely be willing to increase my amount if this thing is still behind.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
theshyster
theshyster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 02:53 AM Reply

You know, if you guys had made a bit more effort to pitch the kickstarter somewhere from 30 to 40 days ago to now, it might have a bit higher chance to suceed.