00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NATA Update, Funding Requests

23,735 Views | 43 Replies
Respond to this Topic

NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 14:52:11

The Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation Novice Round has ended. Check out the entries!

The Intermediate Round is now in progress.

The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!

It would also of course be awesome if you could contribute to Newgrounds: The Forsaken City on Kickstarter. Just seven days remain. If 740 people buy the DVD or 529 buy the Blu Ray, this series will become a reality and will premier here on NG!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 14:55:51

So glad BPremo made it to the next NATA round. Smart move, Mr. Fulp.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 15:54:08

I really want to see that Newgrounds Forsaken City, Tom. I also want to afford school. I'll think about it.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:04:15

Perhaps this project may turn to better funding(s) if we just follow this XKCD comic.

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:04:34

I would love to contribute to Newgrounds Forsaken City but unfortunately kickstarter thinks the whole world runs on credit cards.. I simply cant pay with paypal or something :/

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:22:00

At 6/11/12 04:04 PM, Sandremss128 wrote: I would love to contribute to Newgrounds Forsaken City but unfortunately kickstarter thinks the whole world runs on credit cards.. I simply cant pay with paypal or something :/

Paypal donation link. This link should also be publicized for people who haven't seen it and don't have credit cards.

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:23:27

Dammit NG, give kickstarter your money!

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:25:01

At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:
The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!

What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:36:05

Cool

Hope everything goes well with this and the outcome, good luck to all who enter.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:41:20

At 6/11/12 04:25 PM, LampFace wrote: What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1299657

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 16:57:28

Already pledged $50 to the forsaken city :)
I plan on donating to the eddsworld fund too, once the weather finally stops urinating on us and I can go out and try to make some money.. :\

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 17:03:10

At 6/11/12 04:25 PM, LampFace wrote:
At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:
What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

Unfortunately he died. You could of looked into the link he posted, they explain it all.

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 17:10:59

At 6/11/12 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/11/12 04:25 PM, LampFace wrote: What do you mean "as Edd wanted it to."? Did he die or give up doing flash?

Thanks, that sucks I hope everyone who knew him is alright.

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 17:13:03

At 6/11/12 05:10 PM, LampFace wrote:
At 6/11/12 04:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Thanks, that sucks I hope everyone who knew him is alright.

im surprised you didn't hear about that...it was pretty BIG news on here...

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 17:19:37

At 6/11/12 05:13 PM, Viper50 wrote:

im surprised you didn't hear about that...it was pretty BIG news on here...

I was active on here around that time.

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 17:47:26

The NG series looks very cool. If I had a dime to my name I'd get a copy. That being said I'm almost at the point of starting a kickstarter to keep me off the streets.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 18:16:12

At 6/11/12 06:05 PM, Razz wrote:
At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!
This sounds pretty greedy. I read what they're using the money for, and it's for nothing more than to pay their own personal salary. $18,500 for the lead animator for 4 episodes. 18500/ 4 = 4625 PER EPISODE. Fuck that guy, fuck him with a sharp stick. Profiting off a man's death? Fucking disgusting.

Well... I don't know how long it takes them to make these, but if that one guy alone is making one episode - let's say it's a ten minute long episode and it takes him two months to complete - that's $2,312.50 for that, which really doesn't seem to be all that much, even just for one guy.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 18:18:03

At 6/11/12 06:16 PM, BananasFoster wrote:
This sounds pretty greedy. I read what they're using the money for, and it's for nothing more than to pay their own personal salary. $18,500 for the lead animator for 4 episodes. 18500/ 4 = 4625 PER EPISODE. Fuck that guy, fuck him with a sharp stick. Profiting off a man's death? Fucking disgusting.
Well... I don't know how long it takes them to make these, but if that one guy alone is making one episode - let's say it's a ten minute long episode and it takes him two months to complete - that's $2,312.50 for that, which really doesn't seem to be all that much, even just for one guy.

Whoops, I meant to say that that is $2,312.50 per month if he takes two months to make one episode, which seems pretty reasonable.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 18:18:56

At 6/11/12 02:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Eddsworld crew has set up an Indiegogo to keep the Eddsworld series going as Edd wanted it to. Contribute to Eddsworld: Legacy if you can!

lol "profiting", dunno if you've heard of this concept or what but its called "having a job". I know it's crazy to imagine that someone would want to be paid for months of work making content for people to watch for free, but hey it's a crazy world we live in nowadays where everyone is WOW so entitled! Also evidently you didn't read it as thoroughly as you claim, the kickstarter states 4 long episodes and 4 "mini" ones, that adds up to 8 when I do the math, and also states that it's over the course of the year. Wow $18500 for what will undoubtedly be a year of working constantly WHAT A GREEDY FUCK

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 19:25:13

Forsaken City needs a miracle to get funded.

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 19:37:06

I'll do my best to support you guys soon

Other then that stay classy NG!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 20:59:14

Broken link? Or maybe they called it off?

Also, I think the issue with the Forsaken City guys is that they are very talented, but have very little reputation and little to actually show that's on the internet and thus don't have a real fan base built up behind them. I realize to raise the thousands needed for a kickstarter, you really either need an idea that is generalized and people can get behind, or a dedicated following for your personal projects. The Forsaken City has neither of these, so I don't have much faith enough money can be raised for it.

Its a shame, but perhaps these guys need to do several shorter term projects for the internet, something that doesn't cost thousands, just to build up some reputation and really show what they can do. Its an awful ambitious project for a bunch of relative nobodies, so its unlikely to really succeed, but I have faith that they could do something really amazing. It's just that their own anonymity is against them.

:U

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 21:12:54

'The page you are looking for is no longer available or has been moved.'

Got this message when trying to visit the Eddsworld Indiegogo page.

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 21:24:51

As Tom stated, they only want the exact amount of $50,000(?). So I think he then removed it, for the reason being they couldn't profit off of it. (They're donating the money they make off of the videos.)
You can view the video here.

<make>Funny joke</make>

ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-11 21:29:50

At 6/11/12 09:24 PM, SystemOfAtte wrote: As Tom stated, they only want the exact amount of $50,000(?). So I think he then removed it, for the reason being they couldn't profit off of it. (They're donating the money they make off of the videos.)
You can view the video here.

Never mind. He said the fund raiser has been suspended for whatever reason.
He's working on fixing it..

<make>Funny joke</make>

ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-12 00:46:28

Well Edd gave $5 to my dumbass Kickstarter, so GUH!! I GUESS I'M LOCKED IN to contribute to this guy's DIEING WISH. UGH! WHY DOES THE BAD STUFF ALWAYS LAND ON ME!!!

At 6/11/12 06:18 PM, redminus wrote:
lol "profiting", dunno if you've heard of this concept or what but its called "having a job". I know it's crazy to imagine that someone would want to be paid for months of work making content for people to watch for free, but hey it's a crazy world we live in nowadays where everyone is WOW so entitled! Also evidently you didn't read it as thoroughly as you claim, the kickstarter states 4 long episodes and 4 "mini" ones, that adds up to 8 when I do the math, and also states that it's over the course of the year. Wow $18500 for what will undoubtedly be a year of working constantly WHAT A GREEDY FUCK

You forgot to mention that all profits from anything Eddsworld (profit is bigger than the money you put in is USUALLY how these things go!) goes to helping people with cancer, and that the new animator is BULLLLOODY GOOD!

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-12 02:17:59

I already donated to the Forsaken City, but I would definitely be willing to increase my amount if this thing is still behind.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-12 02:53:22

You know, if you guys had made a bit more effort to pitch the kickstarter somewhere from 30 to 40 days ago to now, it might have a bit higher chance to suceed.

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-12 07:46:16

are sure tom

Response to NATA Update, Funding Requests 2012-06-12 11:35:51

The Forsaken City is going to be cool :)