New Topic Respond to this Topic
mrpeanut188
mrpeanut188
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Simple Help needed! 2012-06-10 19:50:51 Reply

So, I am a game creator, but I am new to flash. I am trying to follow this tutorial, but I am stuck at the drawing part.

I the pictures, he makes a illustration out of lines. I copy him. In the next step, he said he just colored it in with gradients. Now, how do I do this? The tutorial has more information on what I'm trying to do.

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Simple Help needed! 2012-06-10 20:03:31 Reply

At 6/10/12 07:50 PM, mrpeanut188 wrote: So, I am a game creator, but I am new to flash. I am trying to follow this tutorial, but I am stuck at the drawing part.

I the pictures, he makes a illustration out of lines. I copy him. In the next step, he said he just colored it in with gradients. Now, how do I do this? The tutorial has more information on what I'm trying to do.

To color with gradients all you need to do is go to the bucket tool in Flash. Look for the color palette and click the tab that says linear, now you can edit the colors you want in your gradients and dump where you want it ;D

Simple Help needed!

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Simple Help needed! 2012-06-10 23:20:53 Reply

At 6/10/12 08:03 PM, BlackMist75 wrote: To color with gradients all you need to do is go to the bucket tool in Flash. Look for the color palette and click the tab that says linear, now you can edit the colors you want in your gradients and dump where you want it ;D

You can also choose radial gradient as well.

More info, OP: If you select the gradient select tool (usually the key "F") and click on a gradient, you can modify it in pretty good ways; a small tip: if you choose radial gradient and make the "circle" very small and shift the triangle to the far right or left, and choose "Repeat gradient" instead of "reflect"...just try it!

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature