New Topic Respond to this Topic
Eltelelel
Eltelelel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
broken versions of good games 2012-06-09 21:21:29 Reply

Has this ever happened to you? You have a prtevious generation game you wish you could play but can't because you discover that the pc version of the game is broken or it is badly emulated on the ps3 or xbox 360?

I am talking about tony hawks underground 2. I have it on the gamecube, its really fun, but i wanted to get it on the xbox due to gamecubes limited controls and less than appealing graphics. I have an xbox 360, so i bought the xbox version. I discover that the game runs slowly.

Than i tried out the pc version. My friend had it on the pc but never played it, so i tried it at his house. I discover that the right and left triggers dont work properly when mapping the controls for this game. The gamecube version is not that horrible, i would have liked to play this game in HD and with better controls though. Anyone who has played it on the gamecube knows how much of a pain it is to grab a ledge near a quarter pipe. you end up acid dropping down the QP instead of grabbing.

http://xat.com/thetoc2_hangout promoting guitar hero world tour, save up to 20% when you pre-order here

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to broken versions of good games 2012-06-09 21:43:25 Reply

Sonic heroes. I asked for the ps2 version for my birthday.

you can see how annoyed I was with the frame rate.

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to broken versions of good games 2012-06-09 21:57:08 Reply

Resident Evil 4....the Gamecube version is best...But I'm not sure if it is just because of nostalgia or because it generally surpasses the PS2, Wii, etc. versions

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
Swabs
Swabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to broken versions of good games 2012-06-09 22:07:24 Reply

At 6/9/12 09:43 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: Sonic heroes. I asked for the ps2 version for my birthday.
you can see how annoyed I was with the frame rate.

I played Sonic for the Sega Saturn.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to broken versions of good games 2012-06-09 22:14:16 Reply

At 6/9/12 09:57 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Resident Evil 4....the Gamecube version is best...But I'm not sure if it is just because of nostalgia or because it generally surpasses the PS2, Wii, etc. versions

Gamecube version is actually the worst.

No Seperate Ways campaign
No Assignment Ada Campaign
no Mercenaries

The Wii version has the GC's loading time & graphics, coupled with the wii mote for aiming.

Also, if you want to play Tony Hawk's just use Dolphin. It's working fine, apparently.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Eltelelel
Eltelelel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to broken versions of good games 2012-06-09 22:36:15 Reply

Also, if you want to play Tony Hawk's just use Dolphin. It's working fine, apparently.

i actually should try that. i have a gamecube adapter controller. My graphics card can handle 3x internal resolution so i can get better graphics. not every game works well with dolphin though

http://xat.com/thetoc2_hangout promoting guitar hero world tour, save up to 20% when you pre-order here

BBS Signature
Eltelelel
Eltelelel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to broken versions of good games 2012-06-10 00:24:23 Reply

i just tried THUG2 on dolphin, its a broken game, it only runs at around 20 - 40% speed at 20 FPS. I have the original gamecube disc and a wii, i just wanted to try it on different platforms and emulators.

Tony hawks underground 1 works like a charm on the xbox 360 though.

BBS Signature