Mufanza
Mufanza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Anyone using Notepad++? Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 08:10 AM Reply

hi!
Is any of you guys using Notepad++ for programming in ActionScript? Or just for programming in anything?

And if yes, you might help me out on this bit:
How do I turn on the bracket spacing in Notepad++?
You know what I mean, right? It's when you write a new function or if/then/else statement, all lines of code in it get 'pushed' forward so it's easier to read...
It's kinda hard to explain so here's an illustrative picture: http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4512/notepadprob.jpg

Can anyone help?

fyko-chan
fyko-chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Anyone using Notepad++? Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 10:11 AM Reply

I usually just press the tab button. Part of why I like Notepad++ is that I can use my own style.
But since you want it, you could try "NppAutoIndent", haven't tried it myself, but check it out.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php ?title=Plugin_Central#N

Mufanza
Mufanza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone using Notepad++? Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 01:17 PM Reply

At 6/7/12 10:11 AM, fyko-chan wrote: I usually just press the tab button. Part of why I like Notepad++ is that I can use my own style.
But since you want it, you could try "NppAutoIndent", haven't tried it myself, but check it out.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php ?title=Plugin_Central#N

Thanks man! I actually didn't know there's this tab function so at least that's something.
Ofc, the AutoIndent would be best, but it adds one line more than necessary and I can't understand why is that :|

Isn't there something similar?

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Anyone using Notepad++? Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 06:41 PM Reply

I use Notepad ++ for Javascript
It's so stable and runs well :3

<script type="text/javascript">
	var math = 3 + 9;
	document.write(math);
</script>

Anyone using Notepad++?

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Anyone using Notepad++? Jun. 17th, 2012 @ 05:16 AM Reply

I used Notepad++ for Java until I got hold of Eclipse. It's a neat tool, but no match for a real IDE.

Decima: The Last Story of Vald has a Facebook page and a development blog. Give them a look!
------------------------------

BBS Signature
Patcoola
Patcoola
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Animator
Response to Anyone using Notepad++? Jun. 17th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 6/7/12 06:41 PM, BlackMist75 wrote: I use Notepad ++ for Javascript
It's so stable and runs well :3

The image you're shows us is a HTML document not JavaScript. Notepad++ is does not see the JavaScript inside a HTML document.

If you where editing a JavaScript document the IDE scripting language would be set for JavaScript.
Otherwise you can change the language between HTML and JavaScript anytime you want.