00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hyperheartcom just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post music, rate the one above!

253,788 Views | 4,274 Replies

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 13:51:24

At 12/29/12 01:39 PM, Viper50 wrote: Alice In Chains - Nutshell

I've always liked Alice. Not a huge fan of their "unplugged" stuff, 7/10 for me.

Benjy Ferree - Come to Me, Coming to Me
Found this jem somewhere but no one really seems to like it. Sad, because it's a really good song.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 17:11:22

At 12/29/12 01:51 PM, HighWay wrote: I've always liked Alice. Not a huge fan of their "unplugged" stuff, 7/10 for me.

Benjy Ferree - Come to Me, Coming to Me
Found this jem somewhere but no one really seems to like it. Sad, because it's a really good song.

I actually kinda liked that. 7/10

Cream - White Room

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 19:15:04

At 12/29/12 05:11 PM, Viper50 wrote: Cream - White Room

classic, and just awesome. 9/10

really nice Byla and Jarboe collaboration

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 19:33:18

At 12/29/12 07:15 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: classic, and just awesome. 9/10

really nice Byla and Jarboe collaboration

I quite liked that. Also the person whose artwork is used on that is one of my favorite artists so....9/10

i would have given it a 10 if it was a bit longer xD

Boris - Luna

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 19:55:55

At 12/29/12 07:33 PM, Viper50 wrote: Also the person whose artwork is used on that is one of my favorite artists

It wasn't actually used for the album, but it's quite nice. I remember looking at Beksinski's stuff before. really cool stuff. I've seen some of his work on album covers before, such as This Killing Emptiness by Richard Lederer's (from Summoning) electro-industrial project, Ice Ages

Boris - Luna

This is the first time I've heard this. It was very nice, even though the falsettos were done a little bit poorly. I'm a huge fan of Boris.

8/10

Jarboe - Lavender Girl

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 20:11:53

At 12/29/12 07:55 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 12/29/12 07:33 PM, Viper50 wrote:
This is the first time I've heard this. It was very nice, even though the falsettos were done a little bit poorly. I'm a huge fan of Boris.

8/10

Jarboe - Lavender Girl

'Experimental' sounding, girl did have a nice voice and actually had some beautiful vibrato. Not digging the beat, gets really repetitive after even one minute but it does add to the immersible affect of it trying to put you into a certain state of mind. Though the womans voice was good it was a great contrast from the background music itself which caused it to clash with itself I felt.

Not much for the song but the girls voice is nice enough, 6.5/10

Time for some CONCEPTION BEECHES.

Conception - And I Close My Eyes

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 20:14:06

At 12/29/12 07:55 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: It wasn't actually used for the album, but it's quite nice. I remember looking at Beksinski's stuff before. really cool stuff. I've seen some of his work on album covers before, such as This Killing Emptiness by Richard Lederer's (from Summoning) electro-industrial project, Ice Ages

I bookmarked a website that has pretty much all of his art in it. Also my favorite art work of his is one called like Valley Of Death or something like that. Its the one with the person walking through a valley whose walls are made up of giant skeletons wearing long cloaks and whatnot.

Really? Weird....
I heard it on the Metal Swim album Adult-Swim released. Though I will agree that the falsettos weren't all that great.

8/10

Jarboe - Lavender Girl

I quite liked that. 9/10

Ludicra - Path Of Ash

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 20:31:04

At 12/29/12 08:11 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: 'Experimental' sounding

I don't think so, really. If you want experimental, I can definitely show you that. I listen to a lot of experimental/avant garde stuff.

Not digging the beat, gets really repetitive after even one minute but it does add to the immersible affect of it trying to put you into a certain state of mind.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a nice, slow song to chill to.

Conception - And I Close My Eyes

I haven't listened to them in years, but that's a good song. 7/10

At 12/29/12 08:14 PM, Viper50 wrote: Ludicra - Path Of Ash

good melodic USBM. 8/10

Jarboe - to Forget

Yeah, I'm on a bit of a Jarboe kick.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 20:38:14

At 12/29/12 08:31 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: good melodic USBM. 8/10

Jarboe - to Forget

Yeah, I'm on a bit of a Jarboe kick.

I like it. I dont know why I'm liking female vocals as much as I am lately.....
9/10

Black Tusk - Fatal Kiss

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 20:55:45

At 12/29/12 08:38 PM, Viper50 wrote: Black Tusk - Fatal Kiss

I love that song. 10/10.

When I saw them live, they all signed my shirt! :D

the Soundbyte - Golden Shell

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 21:06:36

At 12/29/12 08:55 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I love that song. 10/10.

When I saw them live, they all signed my shirt! :D

I missed seeing them live ,_, I was going to go see em when they were playing with Red Fang and Lord Dying. But I hit a tree in my only mode of transportation at the time and had no way of getting there. And since said car wouldn't have been fixed til after the show I decided to not even buy a ticket....

the Soundbyte - Golden Shell

I like it. Especially the trumpet. More bands need to rock the trumpet or the flute!!!!

or really any instrument that isn't normally used with music like that and whatnot....

9/10

Jerred Houseman - Age Of The Dragon

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 21:40:05

Jerred Houseman - Age Of The Dragon

I liked everything about this song except the vocals. 7/10

Take 5

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 21:51:58

At 12/29/12 09:40 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: Take 5

R.I.P 9/10

Jarboe - This is Life

I love this song. I love Jarboe.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 21:55:37

I liked everything about this song except the vocals. 7/10

Take 5

Classic. Paul Desmond and Joe Morello make that tune. 10/10

Less Than Jake - Automaticflaming lips - ego tripping at the gates of hell

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 21:57:52

R.I.P 9/10

Jarboe - This is Life

I love this song. I love Jarboe.

Dig the guitars and the female vocals. Achieves that cool combo of being both haunting and beautiful. 8/10

flaming lips - ego tripping at the gates of hell

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 22:15:02

At 12/29/12 09:57 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: Dig the guitars and the female vocals. Achieves that cool combo of being both haunting and beautiful. 8/10

I love The Flaming Lips :3 10/10

Queens Of The Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 22:19:24

At 12/29/12 10:15 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/29/12 09:57 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: Dig the guitars and the female vocals. Achieves that cool combo of being both haunting and beautiful. 8/10

I love The Flaming Lips :3 10/10

Queens Of The Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire

Great Shit 10/10 :3

Moanin'

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 22:24:12

Great Shit 10/10 :3

Moanin'

I like Art Blakey's original better, this was still cool with some more modern flair. 8/10

The Civil Wars do a cool cover of the Pumpkins

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 22:34:16

At 12/29/12 10:24 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: I like Art Blakey's original better, this was still cool with some more modern flair. 8/10

It's an okay cover. 8/10

Mastodon - All The Heavy Lifting

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 22:35:31

At 12/29/12 10:24 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote:
I like Art Blakey's original better, this was still cool with some more modern flair. 8/10

10/10 for The Civil Wars and The Smashing Pumpkins!

<a>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMAJrREHQw4<a>

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 23:08:35

At 12/29/12 10:34 PM, Viper50 wrote: Mastodon - All The Heavy Lifting

8/10

Mastodon is one of my favorite bands of all time, but that's not one of their better songs, IMO. Honestly, I think Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are notably better than the Hunter, though it's still quite a good album. Maybe I'll warm up to it more if I give it more listens.

At 12/29/12 10:35 PM, TheGasMan wrote: <a>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMAJrREHQw4<a>

'salright. kinda groovy. 6.5/10

Jesu & Jarboe - Storm Comin' On

perfect combo of awesome right here.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 23:23:42

At 12/29/12 11:08 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Mastodon is one of my favorite bands of all time, but that's not one of their better songs, IMO. Honestly, I think Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are notably better than the Hunter, though it's still quite a good album. Maybe I'll warm up to it more if I give it more listens.

I will agree The Hunter wasn't exactly their best album, but it wasn't ALL bad. Then again I listened to it an ungodly amount of times since I got it so theres that......

'salright. kinda groovy. 6.5/10

Jesu & Jarboe - Storm Comin' On

perfect combo of awesome right here.

I really liked it. The vocals went well with the music. And I love Jesu so theres that :3 9/10

Eluvium - Prelude For Time Feelers

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-29 23:47:19

At 12/29/12 11:23 PM, Viper50 wrote: I will agree The Hunter wasn't exactly their best album, but it wasn't ALL bad.

I didn't think it was any bad. In fact, I think it's probably a 4 star out of 5, if not 4 1/2 out of 5. I just felt it didn't live up to my expectations after listening to their other stuff over and over and over and over....

andoverandoverandoverandoverandover

I mean, Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are like freaking 6 stars out of 5. They broke the freaking meter.

Wow, that was beautiful. 10/10. I've never heard of this artist before. This is the kind of piano music that I really like. mellow, emotive, and I dunno, this.

Here's some more Jarboe (sorry I'm obsessed right now). It's a collaboration between her and Justin Broadrick from Jesu.

She does a lot of guest work and collaborations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwUZ0ThWDk

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-30 00:14:38

At 12/29/12 11:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I didn't think it was any bad. In fact, I think it's probably a 4 star out of 5, if not 4 1/2 out of 5. I just felt it didn't live up to my expectations after listening to their other stuff over and over and over and over....
andoverandoverandoverandoverandover
I mean, Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are like freaking 6 stars out of 5. They broke the freaking meter.

Yeah but my favorite album of theirs is a tie between Leviathan and The Hunter now ._. Crack the Skye and Blood Mountain tie for second and I like Remission the least of their albums....not entirely sure why.

Wow, that was beautiful. 10/10. I've never heard of this artist before. This is the kind of piano music that I really like. mellow, emotive, and I dunno, this.

I heard about them because they did a split with Jesu.
But the song they contributed was called Time - Travel Of The Sloth Parts I, II, & III. But I couldn't find a video for the full song so I went with that one.

Here's some more Jarboe (sorry I'm obsessed right now). It's a collaboration between her and Justin Broadrick from Jesu.

She does a lot of guest work and collaborations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwUZ0ThWDk

I liked that. 9/10

Mogwai - Take Me Somewhere Nice

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-30 00:37:51

At 12/30/12 12:24 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 12/30/12 12:14 AM, Viper50 wrote:
Mogwai - Take Me Somewhere Nice

One of my favorite songs, from my favorite bands!

MitiS - Influential Past

Very fun track, I really like how upbeat it is however I don't think that image matches the music

Hammock - Shipwrecked (Flat On Your Back)

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-30 00:38:12

At 12/30/12 12:24 AM, 24901miles wrote: I guess someone else should be rating this, because I'm dropping points left and right.

Alright, then I will.

9/10. I love post rock and I love Mogwaii.

MitiS - Influential Past

awesome. I've never heard of this artist, but it sounds really good. 8.5/10

Jarboe - Alchemic

sorry, I'm just hooked. I'm not new to Jarboe, but I've just now been looking further into her stuff

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-30 00:42:10

At 12/30/12 12:37 AM, SineRider wrote: Hammock - Shipwrecked (Flat On Your Back)

Ain't it a bitch when two people post at exactly the same time in this thread?

This sounds very nice. This is another artist that I've never heard of, but I like it a lot. It sounds very post rockish, which is a good thing. This is something I'd listen to while smoking a blunt. 9/10.

still, though, Jarboe - Alchemic

This thread seems to be turning toward the chill side, now. Okay, it's mostly me, but still.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-30 01:06:13

At 12/30/12 12:42 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: still, though, Jarboe - Alchemic

This thread seems to be turning toward the chill side, now. Okay, it's mostly me, but still.

I like it. Although I feel all of this slower music is going to make me fall asleep xD
And its weird. This keeps going through different phases all the time. Like at one point you'd find a bunch of heavy stuff, then it will go lighter, then it'll have like punk stuff, then some rap, then some other things and so on and so forth.

Pelican - An Inch Above Sand

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-30 01:24:45

At 12/30/12 01:06 AM, Viper50 wrote: And its weird. This keeps going through different phases all the time.

Well, we humans have a tendency towards following one another and forming a pattern, even when it comes to foot traffic.

If you look at it from the right vantage point, you might find that we're not so different from insects (BTW. Koyaanisqatsi is a fantastic visual experience).

Pelican - An Inch Above Sand

10/10 Pelican has never made a mediocre album. Also, the beginning of this video is pretty much what I picture any time I listen to post rock. It's always a blue sky with moving clouds, for some reason. Although, sometimes I picture a vast, calm sea...and the blue sky and moving clouds above it. I dunno what it is about post rock.

So, maybe I'll change things up just a tad.

Nico Vega - Be Giving

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Post music, rate the one above! 2012-12-30 05:53:06

At 12/30/12 01:24 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Nico Vega - Be Giving

I almost always enjoy female-fronted bands. I like her voice, and I like the style of the song. There's not really anything to dislike about this song that I can hear. 9/10

An old favorite of mine.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature