New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sonmatznal
Sonmatznal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Sonmatznal's Sketchbook Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

My art is bad, my skills in anatomy and perspective are terrible, and I need to spend more time on a drawing than just an hour or two. Admitting my flaws is only half the battle, actually doing something about it is what will decide if I'm serious about being an artist or not. This thread shall serve the purpose of proving my seriousness, and will be the catalyst for my evolution.

To start things off, here is a sketch I did by using a reference. I don't usually use references, so this was a real eye-opener for me. I'm amazed at how much I could accomplish by using a reference!

What do you guys think so far? I'd love to hear your opinions and criticisms. Be honest and be brutal please :)

Sonmatznal's Sketchbook

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 6/5/12 06:38 PM, Sonmatznal wrote: My art is bad, my skills in anatomy and perspective are terrible, and I need to spend more time on a drawing than just an hour or two. Admitting my flaws is only half the battle, actually doing something about it is what will decide if I'm serious about being an artist or not.

"Do not expose your flaws, but improve onto them"
~my teacher

To start things off, here is a sketch I did by using a reference. I don't usually use references, so this was a real eye-opener for me. I'm amazed at how much I could accomplish by using a reference!

Reference is good if you wanna improve.

Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

the painting in this is the strongest point. The anatomy seems off though. the head is really small. I like how the neck looks.

keep at it dude youve obviously got some skills.

[-----free like clouds-----]
My art thread <3

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 6/5/12 06:38 PM, Sonmatznal wrote: To start things off, here is a sketch I did by using a reference. I don't usually use references, so this was a real eye-opener for me. I'm amazed at how much I could accomplish by using a reference!

You seem to have taken to that reference well, as the musculature is quite good.

EnactJudo
EnactJudo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook Jun. 5th, 2012 @ 11:23 PM Reply

At 6/5/12 06:38 PM, Sonmatznal wrote: This thread shall serve the purpose of proving my seriousness, and will be the catalyst for my evolution.

you're a little extreme with your thought process there boss, you're really not bad