00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonmatznal's Sketchbook

815 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sonmatznal's Sketchbook 2012-06-05 18:38:45

My art is bad, my skills in anatomy and perspective are terrible, and I need to spend more time on a drawing than just an hour or two. Admitting my flaws is only half the battle, actually doing something about it is what will decide if I'm serious about being an artist or not. This thread shall serve the purpose of proving my seriousness, and will be the catalyst for my evolution.

To start things off, here is a sketch I did by using a reference. I don't usually use references, so this was a real eye-opener for me. I'm amazed at how much I could accomplish by using a reference!

What do you guys think so far? I'd love to hear your opinions and criticisms. Be honest and be brutal please :)

Sonmatznal's Sketchbook

Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook 2012-06-05 18:44:27

At 6/5/12 06:38 PM, Sonmatznal wrote: My art is bad, my skills in anatomy and perspective are terrible, and I need to spend more time on a drawing than just an hour or two. Admitting my flaws is only half the battle, actually doing something about it is what will decide if I'm serious about being an artist or not.

"Do not expose your flaws, but improve onto them"
~my teacher

To start things off, here is a sketch I did by using a reference. I don't usually use references, so this was a real eye-opener for me. I'm amazed at how much I could accomplish by using a reference!

Reference is good if you wanna improve.

Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook 2012-06-05 19:40:58

the painting in this is the strongest point. The anatomy seems off though. the head is really small. I like how the neck looks.

keep at it dude youve obviously got some skills.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook 2012-06-05 21:04:09

At 6/5/12 06:38 PM, Sonmatznal wrote: To start things off, here is a sketch I did by using a reference. I don't usually use references, so this was a real eye-opener for me. I'm amazed at how much I could accomplish by using a reference!

You seem to have taken to that reference well, as the musculature is quite good.

Response to Sonmatznal's Sketchbook 2012-06-05 23:23:43

At 6/5/12 06:38 PM, Sonmatznal wrote: This thread shall serve the purpose of proving my seriousness, and will be the catalyst for my evolution.

you're a little extreme with your thought process there boss, you're really not bad