Be a Supporter!

Sequester got blammed?

  • 848 Views
  • 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
hammer-and-anvil
hammer-and-anvil
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-05 01:17:49 Reply

So that new awesome game Sequester got blammed to hell after the author supposedly deleted his account. However, the eulogy states that it was the users decision to take it down, even though the game has had a nice appeal to users giving the entry 4.42 / 5.00 stars.

Perhaps the game was stolen and posted without permission? Oh well. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/596551

shoopdawhomp
shoopdawhomp
  • Member since: May. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-06 07:27:39 Reply

Wtf, that game was so awesome )=


BLAM

tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-06 07:40:38 Reply

I feel so..... old in here


call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-06 08:10:33 Reply

I ain't even mad.


ok

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-06 08:15:50 Reply

At 6/6/12 08:10 AM, Strength wrote: I ain't even mad.

I read your forum signature ... I sorta copied the link and used it my self... can I?
Please?
I really loved the 07 thread


call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
pirateplatypus
pirateplatypus
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-06 10:20:43 Reply

It might not have been stolen. Maybe it has to be exclusive to AG for some amount of time. Shame, it was one of my favourite games to come out in quite a while.


"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-06 10:28:46 Reply

At 6/5/12 01:17 AM, hammer-and-anvil wrote: So that new awesome game Sequester got blammed to hell after the author supposedly deleted his account. However, the eulogy states that it was the users decision to take it down, even though the game has had a nice appeal to users giving the entry 4.42 / 5.00 stars.

The eulogy is exactly the same for every deleted submission. It indicates nothing.

Perhaps the game was stolen and posted without permission? Oh well. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/596551

Must have been.


"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

hammer-and-anvil
hammer-and-anvil
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-06 23:56:31 Reply

At 6/6/12 10:20 AM, pirateplatypus wrote: It might not have been stolen. Maybe it has to be exclusive to AG for some amount of time. Shame, it was one of my favourite games to come out in quite a while.

That sounds like the mostly the case. You can still play it there though... Egh, restarting all over again, all that brain power went to waste!

gtapper
gtapper
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Animator
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-07 01:50:11 Reply

the game was awesome... had a 4.42.

thought it was stolen but I cant find it anywhere else online! idk what the author could have done against ng policy... had to have requested to take it down.

glad i got to play/finish it though :)

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-07 07:21:09 Reply

It was stolen, the real version will be arriving on NG soon.


This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-07 10:28:16 Reply

At 6/7/12 07:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: It was stolen, the real version will be arriving on NG soon.

When the real version comes back, will we still have our previous game data?

pirateplatypus
pirateplatypus
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-07 11:42:14 Reply

At 6/7/12 10:28 AM, T3XT wrote:
At 6/7/12 07:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: It was stolen, the real version will be arriving on NG soon.
When the real version comes back, will we still have our previous game data?

It's possible but I doubt it. If you want it, your game data should be stored in ~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/ on Linux and I think C:\Users\yourUserName\appdata or something like that on Windows.


"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Sequester got blammed? 2012-06-07 14:15:21 Reply

At 6/7/12 11:42 AM, pirateplatypus wrote:
At 6/7/12 10:28 AM, T3XT wrote:
At 6/7/12 07:21 AM, TomFulp wrote: It was stolen, the real version will be arriving on NG soon.
When the real version comes back, will we still have our previous game data?
It's possible but I doubt it. If you want it, your game data should be stored in ~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/ on Linux and I think C:\Users\yourUserName\appdata or something like that on Windows.

But it will be for a different version of the game - the real one is not released for some reason, probably because they're still working on it. I'd say that from my (extremely limited) knowledge of making computers work, you will have to start from square one, again.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature