00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Promoting a web series. Any advice?

894 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey everyone, so recently I launched an animated web series that I created on Youtube.

</http://www.youtube.com/user/LloydTUnicorn?feature=guide> - Shameless plug, but watching it may help you point me in the right direction. (That is if I even entered the link properly.)

I did some of the basic stuff like create a FaceBook page and a Twitter account, usual stuff. But of course I would like to get more eyes on it since you know, animation is pretty hard work. So if anyone here here has some good advice on what I should do please let me know. Thanks a lot everyone. I really appreciate it.

Promoting a web series. Any advice?

Response to Promoting a web series. Any advice? 2012-06-02 14:16:06

Just join sites like newgrounds, deviantart, youtube, ect and tell people about it. Socialize if people like you they will support you. Make the show the best you can make it. It might be a good idea to sell out a bit, only if you wanna be popular like that, and add content based on what's popular right now like memes and stuff. On you tube you could post your video as a video response to a popular video to get some free promotion

Response to Promoting a web series. Any advice? 2012-06-07 14:46:05

How about this. I'll subscribe to you if you subscribe to me ;)

I watched some of your stuff though and it's great.

Here are some of my things http://www.youtube.com/user/hillrdavid/videos

I'll try to spread the word a bit about your series.

Response to Promoting a web series. Any advice? 2012-06-07 15:50:40

Yes. Good idea. I've only reached out to one blog so far. It was a few weeks ago, so maybe they plan to post about it, or maybe they chose to pass. I guess my question about approaching a big blog would be about etiquette. People on the internet can be really touchy about who approaches them and how they do it. Any ideas?

Response to Promoting a web series. Any advice? 2012-06-07 15:55:02

At 6/7/12 03:50 PM, Colimoe wrote: Yes. Good idea. I've only reached out to one blog so far. It was a few weeks ago, so maybe they plan to post about it, or maybe they chose to pass. I guess my question about approaching a big blog would be about etiquette. People on the internet can be really touchy about who approaches them and how they do it. Any ideas?

Just keep the email simple and professional, don't worry about offending the person. If they get touchy so easily, then they really shouldn't be running a blog in the first place.

Response to Promoting a web series. Any advice? 2012-06-10 01:23:39

ahahahahahaha i loooved everything about it :D subbed hahaha, love the backgrounds too