New Topic Respond to this Topic
SpiritualDragon
SpiritualDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Question about an audio submission 2012-05-31 14:55:46 Reply

I'm a new user here at newgrounds and I want to make a submission for a drum n bass song I made recently, but it is composed of loops I arranged myself to make the song. I understand that the loops themselves aren't my original work, but I put them all together to make the melody. The loops were on the "looperman" site and made by username "HMNN". Am I still able to post this DNB song if this user is accredited for the loops in project management?

P.S. I'm sorry if this topic has been made in the past before :( I'm new.

Thank you for your help :)
- Spiritual Dragon

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Question about an audio submission 2012-05-31 15:10:20 Reply

At 5/31/12 02:55 PM, SpiritualDragon wrote: I'm a new user here at newgrounds and I want to make a submission for a drum n bass song I made recently, but it is composed of loops I arranged myself to make the song. I understand that the loops themselves aren't my original work, but I put them all together to make the melody. The loops were on the "looperman" site and made by username "HMNN". Am I still able to post this DNB song if this user is accredited for the loops in project management?

P.S. I'm sorry if this topic has been made in the past before :( I'm new.

Thank you for your help :)
- Spiritual Dragon

No, submissions to the portal must be 100% original work.

Using individual samples (e.g. if someone has a free-to-download snare sample) is fine, but making songs entirely out of loops is against the rules.

SpiritualDragon
SpiritualDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Question about an audio submission 2012-05-31 15:14:59 Reply

Okay thanks, that's all I needed to know :)

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Question about an audio submission 2012-06-01 18:05:25 Reply

At 5/31/12 03:14 PM, SpiritualDragon wrote: Okay thanks, that's all I needed to know :)

Don't forget, that is also collaboration allowed, and encouraged if you are having difficulty or want the experience.