New Topic Respond to this Topic
verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
New Gears of War Game May. 31st, 2012 @ 01:52 PM Reply

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/31/our-au gust-cover-story-is-the-next-gears-of-war.aspx

I am unsure if this would be a prequel or sequel considering there are Reavers on the background. I'm really hoping that is not Marcus cuffed up.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to New Gears of War Game May. 31st, 2012 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 5/31/12 01:52 PM, verycoolguy wrote: I'm really hoping that is not Marcus cuffed up.

It most likely is. No one's head is that round, so it must be the bandanna. A prequel Gears game was inevitable but I kind of wish they had done it before finishing the main trilogy.

On the other hand there's a very slim chance the chained person could be a locust drone. That would be interesting.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to New Gears of War Game May. 31st, 2012 @ 02:37 PM Reply

I just hope it is not Marcus considering Cliffy B has said that they are done with Delta squad, and that Marcus is a really bland character.

If it were to be a sequel they'd need a good explanation of how the Locust survived that maelstrom attack. The only thing I can think of is that there were a few concealed Reaver/Brumak/Corpser eggs and pregnant Berserkers survived. That might not be a bad idea since Berserkers were no where in Gears of War 2 and 3. They were said to be restrained for breeding purposes.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Gears of War Game May. 31st, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

I'm happy because Gears is a great series, but I also hope we're not playing as Delta squad again. I got sick of Marcus by the second game, and (Gears 3 spoilers) he's become even more one dimensional with Dom's death because he doesn't really have a best friend to joke with anymore.

I have a feeling this game will either be about the late Pendulum wars and E-day, or much less likely, about Prescott after he was like "Fuck yall" and ditched the gears for however long he was gone. I'm not sure what makes me think that, I guess just that the cover shows the character being taken prisoner while there's fighting with the locust going on, and I imagine you'd need to really piss someone off like Prescott did for them to imprison and guard you in a war zone when you're on the same side.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to New Gears of War Game May. 31st, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 5/31/12 01:52 PM, verycoolguy wrote: I am unsure if this would be a prequel or sequel considering there are Reavers on the background. I'm really hoping that is not Marcus cuffed up.

I will have to check this game out. I have enjoyed the Gears of War games.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to New Gears of War Game May. 31st, 2012 @ 04:03 PM Reply

I'm kind of in between with this and I'd have to know more before I decided if I was excited for it or not. Like a lot of people are saying I really hope that we're not playing as Marcus or anyone else from Delta Squad after three games and not only that but Gears 3 wrapped up plenty of questions that the fans had. If we are playing as Marcus that it would have to be a prequel. The possibility of a story line taking place after Gears 3 showing the aftermath would be cool if it was done correctly but once again it would either have to be a new Squad and characters some far time into the future. I'm honestly hoping for an aftermath story line because I'm tired of Marcus and would like some new characters though I don't know about the chances for that. Epic Games has also apparently said they won't be calling it Gears 4.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

So it's called Gears of War: Judgement, it's going to be a prequel (there's locusts, they look young and their wearing the original COG armor), and the chained guys are Baird and Cole (there's two different covers). So much for the "no more delta squad" promise.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/gears-of-war-judgment-oute d-looks-like-a-prequel/

New Gears of War Game

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 09:19 AM, Jackho wrote: So it's called Gears of War: Judgement, it's going to be a prequel (there's locusts, they look young and their wearing the original COG armor), and the chained guys are Baird and Cole (there's two different covers). So much for the "no more delta squad" promise.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/gears-of-war-judgment-oute d-looks-like-a-prequel/

Well they're done with Marcus and Dom, since there will be two new characters that will be along side Baird and Cole. And there's going to be a new mode called Overrun which is said to be a mix of Horde and Beast, which I'd guess would be a versus mode, like Invasion in Halo. Here's to hoping for a Horde 3.0, and a Seriously that isn't so ridiculous.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

I fucking HATE Baird and Cole so I don't even want to look at this game.

GlobalWARMING1
GlobalWARMING1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

I'm not sure about a new gears game already. Hopefully it has a good plot and i love baird so i might buy this game.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 05:29 PM, GlobalWARMING1 wrote: I'm not sure about a new gears game already. Hopefully it has a good plot and i love baird so i might buy this game.

You mean you actually buy the Gears games for the story? What.

I was never a fan of either Baird or Cole, but if the multiplayer is still as good I'll play it.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:11 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 03:33 PM, verycoolguy wrote

Well they're done with Marcus and Dom, since there will be two new characters that will be along side Baird and Cole.

I'm happy for that at least, I like Baird and Cole well enough to play another game with them in it but Marcus and Dom can go away.

And there's going to be a new mode called Overrun which is said to be a mix of Horde and Beast, which I'd guess would be a versus mode, like Invasion in Halo.

I was actually surprised they didn't include that in Gears 3, I don't think it'd have been too hard for them to do it.

Here's to hoping for a Horde 3.0, and a Seriously that isn't so ridiculous.

Please, if we get another Seriously it's gonna be even more ridiculous.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:32 PM Reply

*Sigh*, devs now adays don't know when a series has reached it's end. Metal Gear Solid for example, Guns Of The Patriots is in my top 5 list for favorite all time video games because it was such a beautiful finale to a wonderful series but no, there's got to be a MGS5. Gears Of War is a very eventful, daring trilogy yet they got to add on more to it. In due time this to, shall be a tangled mess they call a series.

BBS Signature
verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 11:32 PM, tyler2513 wrote: *Sigh*, devs now adays don't know when a series has reached it's end. Metal Gear Solid for example, Guns Of The Patriots is in my top 5 list for favorite all time video games because it was such a beautiful finale to a wonderful series but no, there's got to be a MGS5. Gears Of War is a very eventful, daring trilogy yet they got to add on more to it. In due time this to, shall be a tangled mess they call a series.

Well this is going to be a prequel, elaborating more events in the timeline, not expanding it. And to be fair the Gears 3 campaign was a rather garbage end to the story.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Gears of War Game Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 11:06 PM Reply

It would appear Baird is the protagonist of this game. Not sure how I feel about that. I like Baird, but I was hoping for a new squad.