• 7 Replies
Dannyboi93
Dannyboi93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

I'm currently working on promoting a club night, a rather large one. I've talked to various designers, artists etc. to get working on prototypes for posters flyers & leaflets for our event. Then i thought, newgrounds has a very experienced art community so i've come here to ask the same.

If you work is picked, it will be featured on billboards, newspapers and a majority of other advertisement methods. You shall be given credit for your work, and it'll be some excellent work experience!

I'll have 100's of posters (of various sizes) flyers and leaflets printed off and ready to go. I'll even send some back to you with a signed thank you from the organisers and DJ's involved.

Interested, questions? Inbox me.

Thanks, and good luck!

Little-Eise
Little-Eise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

At 5/31/12 11:26 AM, Dannyboi93 wrote:

I'm currently working on promoting a club night, a rather large one. Though, apparently it isn't large enough to have a marketing budget. I've talked to various designers, artists etc. to get working on prototypes for posters flyers & leaflets for our event. Weirdly enough, they didn't go for a thank-you card as payment. Then i thought, newgrounds has a very naive and inexperienced art community. Maybe I can get some free work from them.

If you work is picked, it will be featured on billboards, newspapers and a majority of other advertisement methods, but we're not going to pay you. Because, fuck you.

I'll have 100's of posters (of various sizes) flyers and leaflets printed off and ready to go. I'll even send some back to you with a signed thank you from the organisers and DJ's involved. Because, again, fuck you.

I fixed your post for you.

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 12:12 PM

At 5/31/12 11:57 AM, Little-Eise wrote: I fixed your post for you.

its defiantly an improvement.

Four
Four
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

so no pay and no clear indication of how credit is going to be given?

Sounds like something REALLY worth my time...

Four
Four
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

At 5/31/12 11:26 AM, Dannyboi93 wrote: I'm currently working on promoting a club night, a rather large one.

care to give us a name?

I've talked to various designers, artists etc.

and they all quoted you around £200 as is standard and you were too cheap to pay? thought so.

Dannyboi93
Dannyboi93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 03:13 PM

At 5/31/12 12:53 PM, Four wrote:
At 5/31/12 11:26 AM, Dannyboi93 wrote: I'm currently working on promoting a club night, a rather large one.
care to give us a name?

I've talked to various designers, artists etc.
and they all quoted you around Ã'£200 as is standard and you were too cheap to pay? thought so.

if the work is good future collaboration may be negotiated with pay, if you don't wanna take the opportunity... suit yourself

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 03:36 PM

This is not a proper competition, a competition includes some kind of prize.

Not only are you looking for free labour from an artist for a commercial purpose, no, you want to make SEVERAL artist spend time and effort on design work, just so you can pick the one you like. Credit is only worth anything if the club was famous or anything, then again famous nightclubs hire professional artists and pay them. Do you think anybody is impressed if an artist applies for a job and tells them "Oh yeah, I made a free poster design for that no-name club."?

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Calling all artists - A competition May. 31st, 2012 @ 04:25 PM

At 5/31/12 03:13 PM, Dannyboi93 wrote:
At 5/31/12 12:53 PM, Four wrote: and they all quoted you around £200 as is standard and you were too cheap to pay? thought so.
if the work is good future collaboration may be negotiated with pay, if you don't wanna take the opportunity... suit yourself

Thanks for replying, I didn't want to believe that this horse-shit-free-request-dressed-as-a-contest was for real.

Turns out it was.

Find an artist you'd like to design flier, and set up a fair commision and deadline.
Don't piss about with artists' time and intelligence by setting up a lame-ass contest with no reward.

BBS Signature