Respond to this Topic
FGIJonC
FGIJonC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

is it possible to say, donate some now, but donate some later? I don't have much money right now.

MY NAME IS JON AND I WRITE AND STUFF AND I LOVE MOVIES. I BLEED THEM. IF YOU NEED A SCRIPT WRITER MESSAGE ME. i KNOW HOW TO DO IT CORRECTLY. YES IM TYPING IN CAPS ON PURPOSE.

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 12:12 PM, FGIJonC wrote: is it possible to say, donate some now, but donate some later? I don't have much money right now.

You can raise your amount if you chose to.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
Rylanimate
Rylanimate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

Speaking of Alien Hominid...
When's the next one gonna come out?

Trebmaster
Trebmaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:41 PM Reply

At 6/2/12 03:16 AM, Winzra wrote:
At 6/2/12 02:25 AM, Trebmaster wrote:
At 5/30/12 11:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: [Whatever he said...]
Dear Mr. Fulp,

I'm concerned to see things being cut so close on this project. No offense, but couldn't you be doing a lot more? I mean, for something you say "we simply MUST fund" aren't you going about it a little half-heartedly? I know you posted news about it and gave it a little front page space where the shop adverts usually are, but really I for one don't normally pay attention to those locations because I'm not here to look at adverts, and when big news happens, the site is COVERED in it. I am certain there are more than 189 people on this site that would be willing to back Forsaken City, so when you can go balls to the wall for Abobo's Big Adventure and site holidays, why not pull out the big guns for this one to?

Pretty Please With Sugar On Top,
PTrebs
Hey Trebmaster, just wanted to say thanks for your support on our project, but also wanted to give a little bit of insight:

As far as helping out, Tom has been one of the main vessels in terms of helping spread the word. I can only speak from my perspective, but he's been going, what seems to me, above and beyond in supporting our series and I'm not just saying this because hes the Newgrounds Owner or whatever, He's REALLY been assisting us every step of the way.

We're also not the only project on Newgrounds and while we do need all the exposure we can get, I think it's very much the responsibility of Tom and other staff members to make sure great artists get some of the lime-light as well. While I do want our project to thrive, the very idea of Newgrounds is a behemoth of quality animations/games/media/etc and that behemoth doesn't stop at our series.

There is and always will be a constant slew of content that will need attention and we're not really looking to overshadow other great projects in the works during this period.

Anyways, your position is very flattering and I'm in no way trying to make you feel a certain way for what you said, I simply am just letting you know from the perspective of someone working on this beast: Tom Fulp has been more then helpful.

Just my two cents.

Robert

P.S. Was Abobo really that COVERED on newgrounds? I don't quite remember; the only thing that stands out when you say that is that April Fools with China when it went super full blown: that seems COVERED to me, but again maybe I just forgot already.

Hi Robert,

I couldn't agree with you more. No one should be overlooked for the success of any other. Sorry for getting my boxers in a bunch. I just really want to see your project get it's funding, and I feel like it should be able to with out a hitch. But circumstances will be circumstances.
And yeah, I don't recall weather or not there was "wall art" for it, but I do remember that slightly annoying yet amazingly noticeable clock advert that was all over the place and never seemed to give way to the rotating shop adverts and the like, but perhaps that was before the redesign dropped.

Cheers,
Patrick

Xist3nce
Xist3nce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

Always wish I could help, but as most flash gamers are, I am broke, actually lost my phone to poverty now D: but I kept my internet So it's a win lose situation, but summers coming I can get a real job again.

Crimson-Nightmare
Crimson-Nightmare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:05 AM Reply

When i saw the title "Alien Hominid IRL" for some reason i thought this thread was going to be about the face-eater in Miami.

anyways ill shoot 100 AUD into this

bobdude0987654321
bobdude0987654321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 3rd, 2012 @ 01:43 PM Reply

Donated every penny I have to this project.

Unfortunately, ten dollars doesn't get you much...

Cyprin
Cyprin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:05 PM Reply

Is there anyway money can be donated without a credit card?

Eiomaru
Eiomaru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Filmmaker
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 6/3/12 05:05 PM, Cyprin wrote: Is there anyway money can be donated without a credit card?

We do have a proxy PayPal account open for donations if this helps!

Thanks for your interest :)

-Chase

f12guy
f12guy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 03:28 AM Reply

Things are not looking good for this project they have to make at least another 20,000 bucks in 14 days

Does anyone actually read these?

voter96
voter96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 4th, 2012 @ 07:59 AM Reply

looks like I chose a pretty decent time to come back to newgrounds!

the moment I get my new bank code, I am totally backing $10 on this. I really want to see this web series.

Elephants only come out at night, for they are nocturnal. If they go out during the daylight, they melt.

BBS Signature
chadcreaturedesigner
chadcreaturedesigner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

Hey Everyone! Thank you all for your kind words, has been quite a journey for this project! I really couldn't ask for a better team to work with on this project, especially Chase Langley my director, talented guy he is!! I want to share some more work that I did for the redesign of Alien Hominid. When I played the game, while doing my research, I notice Alien Hominid blinks vertical and was really fun challenge to bring the anatomy to life. The interior of AH mouth, we went with the thought of big molars for grinding his meals up, and his knife like calcium front teeth are used for the offensive! So I hope you guys enjoy as much when I made these images, and help to continue to spread the word about are project.

Thank you guys for your time! :)

Chad Dusenbery

Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans

chadcreaturedesigner
chadcreaturedesigner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 06:24 PM Reply

open mouth design

Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans