00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans

25,039 Views | 67 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 02:53:19

I'd love to donate. Although my cash are really short this month. I'm probably going to donate some on the last day though. I really want this project to happen.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 03:45:53

At 5/30/12 11:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: I like to think that with 15 million people visiting NG every month, we can raise the money.

I bet most of them don't read these newsposts, maybe you should bring the superfrontpage box back just to advertise this project.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 03:57:20

The jump cuts really bugged me too.

I'm torn with this. You have a great concept, and a great animatronic. But you can't re-record a second and third take with different framing? Or set up a second camera?
If you were doing true documentary film-making, I'd get that you can't re-do your take. But at the very least you could fix this with your presenter.
Please take this as constructive criticism: you need to prove to your potential backers that you can pull this project off, and stuff like this makes the project and the people involved look amateurish.

Truly appreciate the criticism - definitely will take this in consideration for the next update as well. :) Thank you!

And thank all you guys for donating! With PayPal donations included, we are almost to the 10k marker!

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 07:41:02

50 bucks from me one the way!

THEYRE GONNA MAKE IT. OH GOD THEY GOTTA MAKE IT!

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 11:38:49

It does look totaly sweet. They have 18 days to get 2 thirds of the funding though? I am sort of worried :/ I wish that I wasnt totally broke (srsly, just spent my last £1.20 on milk earlier) so i could help back stuff like this q___q but being a student with no job sux D:

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 16:03:02

I will contribute in about a week or so.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 17:13:20

Putting the appeal on a banner was an excellent move. You need to make it stand out a little more, though. It gets lost next to the ad and people don't even see it. Perhaps you could use bolder colors, or even putting it on the huge front-page ad for a couple days?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 17:15:16

At 5/31/12 05:13 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Putting the appeal on a banner was an excellent move. You need to make it stand out a little more, though. It gets lost next to the ad and people don't even see it. Perhaps you could use bolder colors, or even putting it on the huge front-page ad for a couple days?

Damn I forgot the image I wanted to post.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 17:33:47

At 5/30/12 05:08 PM, Zullzee wrote:
At 5/30/12 01:19 PM, SineRider wrote:
Reaching a $5,000 goal, even for something corny like that, isn't that big of a deal.

Now THIS is scary.

Ha! I remember John De Lancie from Breaking Bad.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 17:36:10

Oh yeah! Fidyfi!

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-05-31 22:00:21

15 mill visit this site

subtract the people that dont have a paypal account

how many are left? I'm just curious

...is it me or has politics suddenly become a series of mandatory lightning rounds in a mandatory game show?

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 00:15:26

I'm glad to see them working hard at this. Rather than asking for money because of what they want to do, they're actually doing it.

So I'm leaning toward funding the project. I'd be "all for it" (or maybe less) if I knew the artists involved and their history a bit better.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 03:08:32

At 5/30/12 11:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:
If you can spare some cash, please contribute to this project. It is near the $10k mark but needs to raise another $20k in 19 days or else they get NOTHING. Could you really live with yourself if this series never gets a chance? If 300 people commit to the Blu-ray, we're all set.

A shitty flash cartoon about Newgrounds that they want 30k to make? I couldn't live with myself if this series did get a chance.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 04:08:28

$20,206.00 in 17 days? Welp...I think we can call it quits...

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 08:14:01

Right, I just pledged fifty bucks.

I chose the fifty bucks reward thing.

But.

I want.

A fucking dog tag.

Sort me out, and I'll let you touch me should we ever meet irl.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 08:38:33

newgrounds is failing? is the fault of the children as usual.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 09:16:52

golfinho, they let you use the internet in your padded cell?

Well I'll be..

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 10:30:35

This is really sad...I don't think this project is going to get the money it deserves. So many talented people have poured so much into it already, and deserve the shot at a web-series like this. I really hope that somebody major steps in to give these guys the $20,000 they need. I mean, shit man...Hollywood can pump out crappy remakes and spin-offs and typicalized bullshit at $100,000,000 a pop, but a real team of hard-working and dedicated people can't get as much as it costs for a Hollywood producer to wipe their ass?

Fuck that. No wonder I don't go to the movies anymore.

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 11:16:40

why can't I donate with paypal yet? I thought I could now... anyway, get back to me!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 14:10:14

At 5/31/12 05:13 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Putting the appeal on a banner was an excellent move. You need to make it stand out a little more, though. It gets lost next to the ad and people don't even see it. Perhaps you could use bolder colors, or even putting it on the huge front-page ad for a couple days?

Now THAT looks good. It stands out, is more noticeable and doesn't look like another ad. I still think it wouldn't be a bad idea to put it on the front page ad for a couple days, probably just before the deadline.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 15:47:52

At 6/1/12 11:16 AM, deathink wrote: why can't I donate with paypal yet? I thought I could now... anyway, get back to me!

Hey Deathink! Be sure to check out my most recent news post, there is info on payPal donations there :)!

At 6/1/12 08:14 AM, GokuVegetaGogetta wrote: Right, I just pledged fifty bucks.
I chose the fifty bucks reward thing.
But.
I want.
A fucking dog tag.
Sort me out, and I'll let you touch me should we ever meet irl.

The Perks stack - so for $50 you get everything prior to the $50 perk (DVD OR Blu-Ray, etc. etc.) Hope that helps :) Anyone donating over $10 gets a Tankmen Dog Tag!

And for everyone who is worried, know that we remain resiliant! We still have over 2 weeks! Most kickStarters profit heavily in their last week. We are remaining positive and continuing with our updates and marketing. Continue to share with friends, and anyone interested! Just passed the 10k mark on kickStarter and we will keep moving!

Thank you guys!
-Chase

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-01 20:10:59

At 6/1/12 02:10 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Now THAT looks good. It stands out, is more noticeable and doesn't look like another ad.

:D

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 00:51:25

I pledged 25. I really hope we make the goal!

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 02:25:55

At 5/30/12 11:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: [Whatever he said...]

Dear Mr. Fulp,

I'm concerned to see things being cut so close on this project. No offense, but couldn't you be doing a lot more? I mean, for something you say "we simply MUST fund" aren't you going about it a little half-heartedly? I know you posted news about it and gave it a little front page space where the shop adverts usually are, but really I for one don't normally pay attention to those locations because I'm not here to look at adverts, and when big news happens, the site is COVERED in it. I am certain there are more than 189 people on this site that would be willing to back Forsaken City, so when you can go balls to the wall for Abobo's Big Adventure and site holidays, why not pull out the big guns for this one to?

Pretty Please With Sugar On Top,
PTrebs

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 03:16:34

At 6/2/12 02:25 AM, Trebmaster wrote:
Dear Mr. Fulp,

I'm concerned to see things being cut so close on this project. No offense, but couldn't you be doing a lot more? I mean, for something you say "we simply MUST fund" aren't you going about it a little half-heartedly? I know you posted news about it and gave it a little front page space where the shop adverts usually are, but really I for one don't normally pay attention to those locations because I'm not here to look at adverts, and when big news happens, the site is COVERED in it. I am certain there are more than 189 people on this site that would be willing to back Forsaken City, so when you can go balls to the wall for Abobo's Big Adventure and site holidays, why not pull out the big guns for this one to?

PTrebs

Hey Trebmaster, just wanted to say thanks for your support on our project, but also wanted to give a little bit of insight:

As far as helping out, Tom has been one of the main vessels in terms of helping spread the word. I can only speak from my perspective, but he's been going, what seems to me, above and beyond in supporting our series and I'm not just saying this because hes the Newgrounds Owner or whatever, He's REALLY been assisting us every step of the way.

We're also not the only project on Newgrounds and while we do need all the exposure we can get, I think it's very much the responsibility of Tom and other staff members to make sure great artists get some of the lime-light as well. While I do want our project to thrive, the very idea of Newgrounds is a behemoth of quality animations/games/media/etc and that behemoth doesn't stop at our series.

There is and always will be a constant slew of content that will need attention and we're not really looking to overshadow other great projects in the works during this period.

Anyways, your position is very flattering and I'm in no way trying to make you feel a certain way for what you said, I simply am just letting you know from the perspective of someone working on this beast: Tom Fulp has been more then helpful.

Just my two cents.

Robert

P.S. Was Abobo really that COVERED on newgrounds? I don't quite remember; the only thing that stands out when you say that is that April Fools with China when it went super full blown: that seems COVERED to me, but again maybe I just forgot already.

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 10:40:35

I went from 25$ to 50$ on this one. Good luck, guys~!

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 13:19:27

At 6/2/12 12:12 PM, FGIJonC wrote: is it possible to say, donate some now, but donate some later? I don't have much money right now.

You can raise your amount if you chose to.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 14:35:56

Speaking of Alien Hominid...
When's the next one gonna come out?

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 15:41:00

At 6/2/12 03:16 AM, Winzra wrote:
At 6/2/12 02:25 AM, Trebmaster wrote:
Dear Mr. Fulp,

PTrebs
Hey Trebmaster, just wanted to say thanks for your support on our project, but also wanted to give a little bit of insight:

As far as helping out, Tom has been one of the main vessels in terms of helping spread the word. I can only speak from my perspective, but he's been going, what seems to me, above and beyond in supporting our series and I'm not just saying this because hes the Newgrounds Owner or whatever, He's REALLY been assisting us every step of the way.

We're also not the only project on Newgrounds and while we do need all the exposure we can get, I think it's very much the responsibility of Tom and other staff members to make sure great artists get some of the lime-light as well. While I do want our project to thrive, the very idea of Newgrounds is a behemoth of quality animations/games/media/etc and that behemoth doesn't stop at our series.

There is and always will be a constant slew of content that will need attention and we're not really looking to overshadow other great projects in the works during this period.

Anyways, your position is very flattering and I'm in no way trying to make you feel a certain way for what you said, I simply am just letting you know from the perspective of someone working on this beast: Tom Fulp has been more then helpful.

Just my two cents.

Robert

P.S. Was Abobo really that COVERED on newgrounds? I don't quite remember; the only thing that stands out when you say that is that April Fools with China when it went super full blown: that seems COVERED to me, but again maybe I just forgot already.

Hi Robert,

I couldn't agree with you more. No one should be overlooked for the success of any other. Sorry for getting my boxers in a bunch. I just really want to see your project get it's funding, and I feel like it should be able to with out a hitch. But circumstances will be circumstances.
And yeah, I don't recall weather or not there was "wall art" for it, but I do remember that slightly annoying yet amazingly noticeable clock advert that was all over the place and never seemed to give way to the rotating shop adverts and the like, but perhaps that was before the redesign dropped.

Cheers,
Patrick

Response to Alien Hominid IRL and AlmightyHans 2012-06-02 22:23:27

Always wish I could help, but as most flash gamers are, I am broke, actually lost my phone to poverty now D: but I kept my internet So it's a win lose situation, but summers coming I can get a real job again.