At 5/30/12 12:13 PM, ProfessorFlash wrote:
At 5/30/12 11:44 AM, voter96 wrote:
I want to modify a bunch of symbols all at one time - specifically I want to horizontally flip a bunch of lip phases that I made for lip syncing.Keywords to search: array and loop
is there a way of doing this quickly?
I think he's rather asking for a method to flip a symbol horizontally and then save it as a different symbol. I have CS4 so I have no idea how to do this.
I find it much easier to do it through AS3 and multiply the xscale property by negative one.
There is no 'flip horizontal' button (though I feel that there was one at some time, but I find this to be the easiest way to flip symbols.
1. Bring the symbol from the library onto the Timeline.
2. Right-click, then click Break-Apart. That will split your symbol so that's its not longer a symbol.
3. Select the entire picture/symbol. Memorize or write down the Width property. This is important.
4. Take the left/right middle point of the picture, and then drag to the other side so that the picture flips around.
5. Go back to the width property, insert the previous width, and the picture will resize.
6. Congrats on your flipped picture! Now save it as a new symbol.