New Topic Respond to this Topic
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 01:26 PM Reply

... to report on how the Catholic Church has sued the Obama Administration over ObamaCare.

------------------

Alexandria, VA âEU" Fury over the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscastsâEUTM continued refusal to report the lawsuits Catholic entities have filed against the Obama administration has spread beyond the Media Research Center watchdog group and Catholic leaders to 11 additional Christian leaders equally concerned about this decision to deliberately not report national news. Below are statements released by FRCâEUTMs Tony Perkins, Gary Bauer of American Values and 9 more leaders.

For the third night in a row the broadcast networks have refused to cover this correctly.

This momentum is fueled by CBS Evening NewsâEUTM outrageous decision not only to spike the Catholic lawsuits but instead to lead the news with yet another story about the Catholic sex abuse scandal. The broadcast devoted two minutes and 31 seconds to the accused abusers and allegations that occurred decades ago. ThatâEUTMs roughly eight times more coverage than CBS Evening News gave the historic lawsuit on Monday.

âEUoeThose fleeting 19 seconds remain the only evening news coverage of the damning anti-Obama lawsuit in 72 hours since the unprecedented suing by one of the largest institutions in the country,âEU stated Media Research Center President Brent Bozell. âEUoeMake no mistake âEU" CBS intentionally resurrected the decade-old scandal last night while ignoring the lawsuit to throw salt on the wound of AmericaâEUTMs 60 million Catholics. The media are holding this historic news hostage from the American people. At least CBS has heard of the word 'Catholic.' ABC and NBC are behaving like the Catholic Church -- and one out of every four Americans -- donâEUTMt exist.âEU

http://www.mrc.org/node/40180

--------------

Now, before any of you start trying to smartass your way around this subject or undermine what I'm trying to point out here (and I know you will), I'm going to go ahead and address a few things;

- I know that the Media Research Center is a conservative watchdog group that has an expressed agenda to show liberal bias in the media, and as such, you can't rightly claim that they are completely unbiased in the matter. I, quite frankly, don't give a FLYING FUCK about that, because I'm not claiming them to be unbiased or a spotless lamb themselves.

- If you hit Google, you will find that in this case, the Media Research Center is by and large RIGHT in this instance. The links you will find are all dated for a week ago, and the closest thing you can find to a national news outlet reporting on the matter is a video of a minor MSNBC Personality (herself an avowed liberal). There's nothing reported by the Associated Press on any website that I can find, there's been next to nothing on the nightly news this last week. Fox News Sunday had a Catholic Archbishop on to talk about it yesterday (clicl), but before that... even Fox News hadn't reported on it, so we've got a known conservative news outlet failing to report on it.

So my question is... WHAT GIVES? This is clearly not an instance of the news organizations simply failing to report some random little blurb, this is several MAJOR news outlets completely ignoring and all but refusing to report on something that effects a large number of Americans. 23% of the population is Catholic, this isn't some random little quasi-religious group like the Jedi, the Obama administration has managed to alienate and piss off a good percentage of the population, and there's little to nothing on the nightly news about it. It's almost as if the American News Media is trying to keep the population at large willfully ignorant of the situation in order to reduce the potential damage it will do the Obama Administration in the upcoming election.

Thoughts?

BBS Signature
Angry-Hatter
Angry-Hatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 01:39 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 01:26 PM, Proteas wrote: Thoughts?

My immediate thoughts is that what the Catholic Church says or does very rarely corresponds with what actual everyday Catholics say or do.

Most Catholics are pro-choice and in favor of contraceptives.

As to why it's not being covered, who knows? Maybe the networks look at it as old news. We already had that shitstorm with the Catholic Church vs. women a couple of months ago during the height of Sandra Fluke-mania.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 03:05 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 01:39 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote: We already had that shitstorm with the Catholic Church vs. women a couple of months ago during the height of Sandra Fluke-mania.

There's a difference between "shit storm" and "being sued in open court."

BBS Signature
Angry-Hatter
Angry-Hatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 03:05 PM, Proteas wrote: There's a difference between "shit storm" and "being sued in open court."

Hey, if the story is that the media is starting to treat a lawsuit by the Catholic Church as more along the lines of a lawsuit by Orly Taitz, then I'm all for it, especially when the suit in question claims to speak for all Catholics when in fact the majority of Catholics would have a different opinion.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 03:17 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote: Hey, if the story is that the media is starting to treat a lawsuit by the Catholic Church as more along the lines of a lawsuit by Orly Taitz, then I'm all for it, especially when the suit in question claims to speak for all Catholics when in fact the majority of Catholics would have a different opinion.

The suit in question questions the legality of the Obama Administration's mandate that the Catholic Church provide birth control among any other health care services it provides, so this is not so much a lawsuit from "the majority of catholics" as it is a lawsuit from the Catholic Church higher-ups themselves. Basically, this is an issue of freedom of religion; the ability to freely practice one's religion without government interference, of which the Obama Administration did not take into account when putting the healthcare legislation through. It also has the potential to royally screw the Obama Administration out of a LOT of potential votes in the upcoming election, not just votes from the Catholic Church, either.

And the American News Media is refusing to air it.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Ohh, bitch bitch, moan moan. The response? YAWN.

OMG somebody is suing about the Constituytionality of Obamacare!

OMG somebody is suing about having to pay for contraceptives for others!

If you would have just read the above 2 lines without context you'd believe they were a year and 2 monthsa old respectively. they key word in "news" is NEW. Suing on Obamacare and suing on contraceptives just ain't new. The fact that the plaintiff is now the Catholic Church is not enough of a bang to make it news worthy.

Want some evidence that this isn't some liberal conspiracy to keep something out of view? Watch the news, Google the subject. Guess what you won't find? Conservative outlets talking about the subject. Is FOX News part of a liberal conspiracy to turn people against religion? Hardly.

In the end it's more "if it's left, they must be trying to kill us" bullshit victimization by those on the right.

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Its funny because I heard about the catholic church suing obama from the news media, that reported on it. lol

So actually they did and you're just being butt hurt.

Par for the course I suppose. The world doesn't revolve around the pope, just don't tell but hurt right wingers that.

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 03:56 PM, Camarohusky wrote: OMG somebody is suing about the Constituytionality of Obamacare!

You don't get it, do you?

Am I really going to have to hold the hands of the lot of you and explain this to you like children?

The Catholic Church has wide reaching influence in the religious community. All they have to do is show this to it's parishioners and members, and they can easily get a significant portion of the voting community to abstain from voting for Obama in the upcoming election, as well as work against the administration among the community (the Catholic Church is noted for it's vast resources and riches). This also had wide-reaching consequences to the rest of the religious community, because it shows that the government is willing to overlook the whole "freedom of religion" thing in order to push through it's own legislation and agenda. If the courts rule in favor of the Obama Administration, they will in one fell swoop manage to alienate a significant portion of the population, not just the Catholic Church, but Protestants as well.

Conservative outlets talking about the subject.

I already pointed that out, had you read the damn opening post on the matter you would have seen that. The one video from Fox I did find on the matter I had to go looking for on the website search itself, because it didn't turn up on google search.

But I guess I was hoping for too much to come here and expect an intelligent discussion on the matter, wasn't I?

At 5/28/12 04:39 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Its funny because I heard about the catholic church suing obama from the news media, that reported on it. lol

Prove it.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 04:41 PM, Proteas wrote: Am I really going to have to hold the hands of the lot of you and explain this to you like children?

Seems my point is way above your head. Too bad you can't see that and are being indignant.

The Catholic Church has wide reaching influence in the religious community.

Here is the first of your contradictions. If the Catholic Church has so much influence, why the hell does the media even need to be involved?

This also had wide-reaching consequences to the rest of the religious community, because it shows that the government is willing to overlook the whole "freedom of religion" thing in order to push through it's own legislation and agenda. If the courts rule in favor of the Obama Administration, they will in one fell swoop manage to alienate a significant portion of the population, not just the Catholic Church, but Protestants as well.

Again, you're echoing everything we've heard from the previous times these things happened. Nothing new here.

I already pointed that out, had you read the damn opening post on the matter you would have seen that. The one video from Fox I did find on the matter I had to go looking for on the website search itself, because it didn't turn up on google search.

I read your original post. I saw that you had only found one link. The point I was making is that this isn't some conspiracy to keep the Catholic Church out of the media. The lack of much reporting on this at all is a reflection of how little this is viewed as news. The one article disparity can easily be explained by the fact that FOX's readers are slightly (ever so slightly) more likely to care.

But I guess I was hoping for too much to come here and expect an intelligent discussion on the matter, wasn't I?

Again with the false victim shit. Come on. You're not one of the losers on the BBS, now stop acting like one.

Angry-Hatter
Angry-Hatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

"Hey! HEY! Look at that dead horse that the media is refusing to beat! Conspiracy!"

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 05:42 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Seems my point is way above your head. Too bad you can't see that and are being indignant.

I'm being indignant because the whole lot of you are acting like jaded idiots who have nothing better to do than point out how you have nothing better to do.

Here is the first of your contradictions. If the Catholic Church has so much influence, why the hell does the media even need to be involved?

It's only a contradiction in your own mind because you fail to see the bigger picture; the media is doing what it can to downplay this in order to blunt the Catholic Church's influence. They're talking about anything else they can find to air about the catholic church (sex scandals, the butler fiasco) in order to further damage their image in the media.

Again with the false victim shit. Come on. You're not one of the losers on the BBS, now stop acting like one.

Start acting like reasonable adults and a good members of the forum instead of rejects from General, then.

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

You guys want to play the whole "beating a dead horse" thing? Fine. Explain to me how in this day and time when every gritty, grimy, embarrassing detail of a news story is reported on daily for all the world to see, why it is that this story failed to be reported on by every major news outlet, the Associated Press included. Explain to me how every major news outlet in the known world suddenly got far too jaded and burnt out on reporting bad things to pick up on his one particular story, and try to explain so without throwing the words "coincidence" or "conspiracy" into the mix.

Oh, and if it's not to much to ask, be sincere about it.

BBS Signature
MOSFET
MOSFET
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 07:51 PM Reply

I know what you mean, I'd like more reporting how the Catholic church is using the courts to encroach on my freedom from religion. Clearly the republican party is in collusion with the Catholic Church. Look how Republicans in the Senate are filibustering everything, even appointments to federal courts. They are doing this so that when a republican president comes into power, they can fill them in with more conservative judges that favor Rome's positions. More needs to be said about this.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 08:24 PM Reply

I'm guessing it's because no one cares what the Catholic church does anymore especially after the whole pedophila scandal.

At 5/28/12 01:39 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote:
At 5/28/12 01:26 PM, Proteas wrote: Thoughts?
My immediate thoughts is that what the Catholic Church says or does very rarely corresponds with what actual everyday Catholics say or do.

Most Catholics are pro-choice and in favor of contraceptives.

As to why it's not being covered, who knows? Maybe the networks look at it as old news. We already had that shitstorm with the Catholic Church vs. women a couple of months ago during the height of Sandra Fluke-mania.

I find that strange, if you don't care what the Catholic church says or does doesn't that defeat the point of being Catholic?

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Angry-Hatter
Angry-Hatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 08:24 PM, Warforger wrote: I find that strange, if you don't care what the Catholic church says or does doesn't that defeat the point of being Catholic?

God bless hypocrisy. In my opinion, very few people actually believe in the teachings of the bible or the Church they belong to. They just say that they do, but when push comes to shove, they use their own human morals as their guide instead of that book of magic fairytales or those old dudes in silly hats.

MOSFET
MOSFET
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 08:24 PM, Warforger wrote: I find that strange, if you don't care what the Catholic church says or does doesn't that defeat the point of being Catholic

You can be a Catholic and not be interested in the politics of the Catholic church. In fact, as a lay person, there are almost no way to get involved on policies set by the church, unless you are part of the clergy. This is so that parishioners focus on worship on not on church politics. 1

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 04:41 PM, Proteas wrote:
At 5/28/12 04:39 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Its funny because I heard about the catholic church suing obama from the news media, that reported on it. lol
Prove it.

Old news is old.

http://www.cnn.com/search/?query=catholic%20sues&sortBy=date

http://thepage.time.com/2012/05/21/religious-orgs-sue-obama/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270230401940457741 8291623540400.html?mod=WSJ_elections_article_liveupdate#prin tMode

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/us/catholic-groups-file-su its-on-contraceptive-coverage.html?_r=2

That was like 5 seconds of looking.

Maybe you're insular attitudes and practices are keeping you from paying attention to what people who aren't fox news do and say.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 10:43 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Old news is old.

A blip on a Time blogger's webpage?

http://www.cnn.com/search/?query=catholic%20sues&sortBy=date

Ah, yes, the New York Times Online, a major television news network that someone without cable TV would be able to catch after he gets off work.

Oh, wait, those are online articles, none of which showed up in the google search I linked to earlier. WHOOPS, you think the webmasters at Google might have left those articles unlisted in google search?

I want your internet connection and whatever sort of speed you're mainlining, I could shit DONE at work.

Maybe you're insular attitudes and practices are keeping you from paying attention to what people who aren't fox news do and say.

Fox news didn't report this, remember?

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 28th, 2012 @ 11:59 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 11:35 PM, Proteas wrote: WHOOPS, you think the webmasters at Google

* webmasters at the New York Times.

I mean, this is the New York Times we're talking about, they're not exactly the most ethical bunch, now are they?

BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 01:26 AM Reply

At 5/28/12 03:46 PM, Proteas wrote: The suit questions the legality of the Obama Administration's mandate that the Catholic Church provide birth control among any other health care services it provides

Forgive my ignorance, but what health care services DOES the Catholic Church provide? In what form do they provide it? And what part of the legislation issues this mandate?

MOSFET
MOSFET
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 05:50 AM Reply

At 5/29/12 01:26 AM, Dawnslayer wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what health care services DOES the Catholic Church provide? In what form do they provide it? And what part of the legislation issues this mandate?

The law mandates that all companies and federally funded non-profits, provide for some basic health insurance to all their employees. This includes birth control and abortifacients(day after pill). Churches themselves are exempt from providing these benefits to their employees. The problem the Catholic Church has with this mandate is that Universities and Hospitals that they support would be forced to provide these things that the church is opposed to. It Tramples on the conscience of Catholics who operate these facilities. However, In the The Federal government's opinion, these institutions(Schools and Hospitals) employ many non-Catholics and take in Federal money, so they should be able get these benefits regardless how the Catholic Church feels about it.

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 06:47 AM Reply

At 5/28/12 11:35 PM, Proteas wrote:
At 5/28/12 10:43 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Old news is old.
A blip on a Time blogger's webpage?

They do that for tons of stories. They only right about the really big ones. Two mentions is more than a lot of stories get.

Ah, yes, the New York Times Online, a major television news network that someone without cable TV would be able to catch after he gets off work.

Its a major news paper that many people not even in new york get delivered to their homes...

Oh, wait, those are online articles, none of which showed up in the google search I linked to earlier. WHOOPS, you think the webmasters at Google might have left those articles unlisted in google search?

lol, no. I think they probably weren't ranked very high because this isn't very important.

I want your internet connection and whatever sort of speed you're mainlining, I could shit DONE at work.

Then maybe that free market isn't serving you very well. Jump on the socialism train already. It runs smoother.

Fox news didn't report this, remember?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/21/catholic-dioceses-colle ges-sue-over-obama-mandate/

That video there was broadcasted, btw.

Anyhow, it was reported. The reason it didn't make the half hour news shows is that until its actually in court or a ruling is being made it won't have an effect on peoples lives. Those half hour news shows are for interesting or important things that will keep people coming back. Its also for the most current and effective events. Its not unusual at this point for law suits to take place, or really even for the catholic church to partake in one. And in this country everyone is innocent until proven guilty. So, bringing up the suit for a 3 minute segment would be kind of like putting a leash around a chicken egg and taking it for a walk.

Beyond that, the people who really care about this, Catholics, were read an announcement in church. So any faithful who care about this found out when they attended mass way back when. The rest of the world really doesn't care what the pope thinks. In fact, half of the christian faith broke off from the pope because politics corrupt religion.

Anyhow, enjoy your little pity party. Hope its a good one.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 09:02 AM Reply

At 5/29/12 06:47 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: Anyhow, enjoy your little pity party. Hope its a good one.

The only people I pity here are those of you who have a higher presence on this forum and are far more active than me. You bunch act like I'm supposed to be some paragon of virtue when it comes to posting here, and then you act the way you have in this topic; jaded assholes who are only concerned with increasing their post count by 1. With the exceptions of you, gumonshoe and mosfet, whom have actually put something resembling effort into your posts, I commend you both.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 5/29/12 09:02 AM, Proteas wrote: With the exceptions of you, gumonshoe and mosfet, whom have actually put something resembling effort into your posts, I commend you both.

Had you actually paid attention, you would see I said the same exact thing as gum. Too bad you started your pity party and bitched and moaned because I didn't agree and nod. Had you actually tried to state a point and engage in a thoughtful argument instead of whining about how I was jaded, we could have had a serious debate.

You alright? I have seen tons of your posts, and this is the first time you have even indicated any of this sort of attitude. Either someone else is using your account or something must be wrong.

Proteas
Proteas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 10:18 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Had you actually paid attention, you would see I said the same exact thing as gum.

You didn't enter this topic with the express intent of starting intelligent discussion or fostering an intelligent response. "Ohh, bitch bitch, moan moan. The response? YAWN." remember? Then you downplayed and wrote off the whole thing. You didn't want to discuss anything intelligently, you wanted to antagonize and piss me off. You, gumonshoe, and AngryHatter all did until I insulted your oh so precious egos by asking you to fucking act like the reasonably intelligent members of this bbs you are.

You alright?

Nope, I'm quite annoyed right now. I get paid to deal with idiots all day long, and here I am wasting my time on a bunch of idiots for free.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 04:41 PM, Proteas wrote: The Catholic Church has wide reaching influence in the religious community.

In THEIR religious community, sure. But in the general religious community? Eeeeh.

All they have to do is show this to it's parishioners and members, and they can easily get a significant portion of the voting community to abstain from voting for Obama in the upcoming election,

Ever hear of lapsed Catholics? Fuck, the Evangelicals try this kind of crap all the time, and it usually amounts to nothing. You're ascribing far too much power and influence to the church and ascribing far too low an intelligence factor to the parishoners.

as well as work against the administration among the community (the Catholic Church is noted for it's vast resources and riches). This also had wide-reaching consequences to the rest of the religious community, because it shows that the government is willing to overlook the whole "freedom of religion" thing in order to push through it's own legislation and agenda.

Um, not exactly, because the Catholic Church isn't JUST a religious institution or organization, they are POLITICAL as well. The political side to me is what's tricky about the whole issue...as I've never quite understood how the Church has not been able as a sovereign country to essentially establish it's institutions in other countries as something akin to embassies or other protected type ground. This does prompt me to look into exactly how The Church is treated under the law in America.

If the courts rule in favor of the Obama Administration, they will in one fell swoop manage to alienate a significant portion of the population, not just the Catholic Church, but Protestants as well.

How will Protestants necessarily care what happens to Catholics? They're Protestants because they want NOTHING to do with Catholic Church to begin with.

I already pointed that out, had you read the damn opening post on the matter you would have seen that.

You're title was "The American News Media Refuses to Report" on this. Conservative outlets ARE still part of the news media. So right there you are proven wrong.

If by "intelligent discussion" you meant "people to ignore that my title should have been what I really meant it to be, an indictment against the liberal or leftist news outlets instead of trying to hide that with a blanket indictment that could easily be dismissed as false" then yes, you did indeed hope for too much :)

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 08:16 PM Reply

Wait, you mean we can sue our government for infringing our rights?

Oh this is just priceless, no wonder they are trying to keep this stuff quiet! I guarantee you that everyone can sue the government for something now. "It is what America does best, sue the bastards."

It wouldn't matter if the CEO of Lobbyists and shady deals incorporated were suing the government for the same reasons, they would have pretty good reason to try and stop this news from spreading. SPREAD THE WORD, YOU CAN SUE YOUR GOVERNMENT!

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 08:16 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: SPREAD THE WORD, YOU CAN SUE YOUR GOVERNMENT!

This has been common knowledge among a select group (arguably the most important on the subject) for a long time.

That group is attorneys.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

At 5/28/12 09:10 PM, Angry-Hatter wrote:
At 5/28/12 08:24 PM, Warforger wrote: I find that strange, if you don't care what the Catholic church says or does doesn't that defeat the point of being Catholic?
God bless hypocrisy. In my opinion, very few people actually believe in the teachings of the bible or the Church they belong to. They just say that they do, but when push comes to shove, they use their own human morals as their guide instead of that book of magic fairytales or those old dudes in silly hats.

And you know what you are when you do that? A Protestant. If you don't care what the Catholic church tells you on how to worship your religion or at the very least don't go to a Catholic church with a Catholic priest, then you're not really Catholic.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Angry-Hatter
Angry-Hatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to The American News Media refuses... May. 29th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 5/29/12 08:46 PM, Warforger wrote: And you know what you are when you do that? A Protestant. If you don't care what the Catholic church tells you on how to worship your religion or at the very least don't go to a Catholic church with a Catholic priest, then you're not really Catholic.

Hey, tell that to people who identify as Catholics but who go against the teachings of their Church. Take Nancy Pelosi; she says she's a Catholic, but she's still pro-choice, two positions which should be in complete contradiction if you went by what the Church says, but that's actually the mainstream view of people in America who identify as Catholics.