New Topic Respond to this Topic
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Hello i am new to this website! 2012-05-27 00:54:19 Reply

My name is Patrick Murphy i am 21 years old currently a Computer Science major at Delaware State University. I also have a hobby for drawing and art in general. My senior year of high school i was offered a 20k scholorship to Midwestern State University to be a fine arts major. I turned it down and decided to move with my family instead of living in texas while they moved to delaware. While i was in delaware i set my goals to getting into Cooper Union. I joined workshops with professional artists and made the conclusion my art is not good enough for this feild and ultimately decided to pursue a career in computer science which i found and discovered a new passion i now have.

I will upload my art soon, for now ill just link you to my DeviantArt account.

http://pmmurphy.deviantart.com/gallery/

the work found on my deviantart account are various sketches and things ive been working on at home with the supplies i have. ( i dont spend alot of money on art)
For anyone who is interested you can and i will more then likely appreciate it if you made a request for me to draw something for you. Its free of charge.
Nice to be apart of this community and i hope you like my art!
Also, some of the art on my DeviantArt account is really old from when i first started drawing 9 years or so ago some of it is relatively recent. I am coming off a 2 year no drawing break.

Oh and i copy pasted my news thread because i thought it suited here better.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Hello i am new to this website! 2012-05-27 04:50:24 Reply

At 5/27/12 12:54 AM, PMMurphy wrote: My name is Patrick Murphy

Hiya, welcome to the art forum! Sorry to hear you had to give up on the dream of art school, but good that you found another passion. I'm looking forward to seeing your art in the art portal or right here in the art forum in your own personal showcase thread.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Hello i am new to this website! 2012-05-27 07:44:54 Reply

At 5/27/12 04:50 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 5/27/12 12:54 AM, PMMurphy wrote: My name is Patrick Murphy
Hiya, welcome to the art forum! Sorry to hear you had to give up on the dream of art school, but good that you found another passion. I'm looking forward to seeing your art in the art portal or right here in the art forum in your own personal showcase thread.

My current project is doing a cover album for a friend of mine. So im trying to learn how to draw fire -_- its very difficult. Im going to have matches that spell texas at the bottom burning with a massive blue flame that spell out SK Music. (his request) Soon as my scanner is up and running ill be able to show some of my fire study's and such. I have yet to try to do them in pencil im scared. My first study is oil pastel.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Hello i am new to this website! 2012-05-27 09:00:54 Reply

At 5/27/12 07:44 AM, PMMurphy wrote: My name is Patrick Murphy

welcome, we procrastinate like NEET's with benefits.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Hello i am new to this website! 2012-05-27 09:18:58 Reply

Welcome to newgrounds :D :D
Look forward to seeing some of your artz :3