Be a Supporter!

ALot has changed in a few years..

  • 695 Views
  • 19 Replies
New Topic
Parasitic
Parasitic
  • Member since: May. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

What's up people?

I've been an active member back from 2003 under an old account called Swapp.
http://swapp.newgrounds.com/

However I lost the email/key and Wade never answered my email clearing up if the account was los forever.

However that's no longer a worry cause I'm back under a fresh name but I'm totally lost on the new audio options so I'm wondering if someone can bring me quickly up to speed.

Audio used to appear right on the audio portal whenever you uploaded it..

Now I've submitted something a while back and they said I should await verification untill it appears but that's been several days now and it still doesn't appear.

I've made sure to publish it so it's viewable to all users but when I check in publish settings it says it'll never appear untill one of the managers I add is verified..??

I am missing something here...

ALot has changed in a few years..

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

At 5/26/12 11:19 AM, Parasitic wrote:
Now I've submitted something a while back and they said I should await verification untill it appears but that's been several days now and it still doesn't appear.

Currently the waiting period is anywhere from two days to two months. Please be patient, one of hte audio moderators will get to your track eventually.

Parasitic
Parasitic
  • Member since: May. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

At 5/26/12 11:32 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 5/26/12 11:19 AM, Parasitic wrote:
Now I've submitted something a while back and they said I should await verification untill it appears but that's been several days now and it still doesn't appear.
Currently the waiting period is anywhere from two days to two months. Please be patient, one of hte audio moderators will get to your track eventually.

Are you serious?

What happened to letting users decide what sinks and floats? Now I might have to wait 2 months for a random moderator to decide if it's actually floatworthy??

Thanks for your reply, wow I'm amazed...

Actually I'm very dissapointed...

ALot has changed in a few years..

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

At 5/26/12 11:41 AM, Parasitic wrote: What happened to letting users decide what sinks and floats? Now I might have to wait 2 months for a random moderator to decide if it's actually floatworthy??

Actually, the mods don't really decide if your track is good enough, they are making sure you have not stolen or used any copyright material. However, if your track is extremely terrible with no effort, they will probably reject it.

We all go through this approval period once, but once your track is approved, you can submit future tracks instantaneously without the need of approval.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

At 5/26/12 11:41 AM, Parasitic wrote:
At 5/26/12 11:32 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Currently the waiting period is anywhere from two days to two months. Please be patient, one of hte audio moderators will get to your track eventually.
What happened to letting users decide what sinks and floats? Now I might have to wait 2 months for a random moderator to decide if it's actually floatworthy??

We only ever ban users for copyright infringement (including tracks that are made only with loops, if the licensing terms on those are non-commercial or personal use only), complete lack of effort (e.g., downloading a midi file and slapping some new sounds on it), or spam (e.g. uploading 25 1-second voice acting clips, where you say one word in each submission).

We are supposed to be moving to a blam/protect system similar to the Flash Portal, but we don't really know when.

lawFX
lawFX
  • Member since: May. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 01:38 PM

At 5/26/12 11:41 AM, Parasitic wrote:
What happened to letting users decide what sinks and floats? Now I might have to wait 2 months for a random moderator to decide if it's actually floatworthy??

Thanks for your reply, wow I'm amazed...

Actually I'm very dissapointed...

Woah. Chill out, guy.


Twitter: @dropthelaw | MSN: lawfx@live.co.uk | (old acc: Sequenced).

I make flash-friendly electronic music loops. Please use them and credit me. :) lawFX AUDIO

Parasitic
Parasitic
  • Member since: May. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 07:02 PM

At 5/26/12 12:14 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 5/26/12 11:41 AM, Parasitic wrote: What happened to letting users decide what sinks and floats? Now I might have to wait 2 months for a random moderator to decide if it's actually floatworthy??
Actually, the mods don't really decide if your track is good enough, they are making sure you have not stolen or used any copyright material. However, if your track is extremely terrible with no effort, they will probably reject it.

We all go through this approval period once, but once your track is approved, you can submit future tracks instantaneously without the need of approval.

That makes a little more sense, I thought this was gonna be for every submitted track, like I said I had to be missing something here. Thanks for clearing that up!

At 5/26/12 12:38 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 5/26/12 11:41 AM, Parasitic wrote:
At 5/26/12 11:32 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Currently the waiting period is anywhere from two days to two months. Please be patient, one of hte audio moderators will get to your track eventually.
What happened to letting users decide what sinks and floats? Now I might have to wait 2 months for a random moderator to decide if it's actually floatworthy??
We only ever ban users for copyright infringement (including tracks that are made only with loops, if the licensing terms on those are non-commercial or personal use only), complete lack of effort (e.g., downloading a midi file and slapping some new sounds on it), or spam (e.g. uploading 25 1-second voice acting clips, where you say one word in each submission).

We are supposed to be moving to a blam/protect system similar to the Flash Portal, but we don't really know when.

Alright thanks mods and members I think it's all clear now, almost everyone was quick and to the point and in turn NG has my full respect once again, I couldn't believe an almost perfect system like the portal would be revamped on moderating all submissions. I'll await the approval period patiently.

Peace

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

You've been banned. Not sure who banned you, but you'll have to make a new account to submit audio or take it up with Wade.

I'll let whoever banned you come by and clear things up.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

At 5/26/12 12:38 PM, RampantMusik wrote: We are supposed to be moving to a blam/protect system similar to the Flash Portal, but we don't really know when.

Dude, I dunno. There's enuff haters in audio already. Giving those morons blam power? I dunno.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 26th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

At 5/26/12 10:25 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: You've been banned. Not sure who banned you, but you'll have to make a new account to submit audio or take it up with Wade.

I'll let whoever banned you come by and clear things up.

That's my cue!

I'm the one that banned you, because sounds to me like you took a smooth jazz track from somewhere and just threw a drumbeat over top of it.

Your comments contained this:

I often choose to further flesh out beats to give them an alternate part or what else. The samples I recorded off LP here are pretty basic.

Which further led me to believe you took samples from somewhere else and just put stuff on top of them.

We do not allow sampling of copyrighted material, and we greatly frown upon people uploading something someone else made when all you did was put a "hip hop beat" on top of it.

If you feel you've been wrongly banned, send me a PM, and we can talk it over. Should you choose to do so, please be prepared to provide proof of your claims.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: The Inevitability - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Parasitic
Parasitic
  • Member since: May. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 08:47 AM

At 5/26/12 10:42 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/26/12 10:25 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: You've been banned. Not sure who banned you, but you'll have to make a new account to submit audio or take it up with Wade.

I'll let whoever banned you come by and clear things up.
That's my cue!

I'm the one that banned you, because sounds to me like you took a smooth jazz track from somewhere and just threw a drumbeat over top of it.

Your comments contained this:
I often choose to further flesh out beats to give them an alternate part or what else. The samples I recorded off LP here are pretty basic.
Which further led me to believe you took samples from somewhere else and just put stuff on top of them.

We do not allow sampling of copyrighted material, and we greatly frown upon people uploading something someone else made when all you did was put a "hip hop beat" on top of it.

If you feel you've been wrongly banned, send me a PM, and we can talk it over. Should you choose to do so, please be prepared to provide proof of your claims.

Wow... this just keeps taking turns for the worse....

If I'm banned for the above assumption then consider this my last post.

I have my own studio and have been making hiphop/commercial music for about 13 years now and I get banned for uploading a track I specificly told contained samples, as in retracable to the original but because I added "basic" a random mod decides to ban me because appearantly all he hears is an original jazz track with a drumline over it?

All that was sampled were 2 loose strings and the piano pingel from also two totally different LP's.

I layed down the effects, the openingsvoice, drumline and the funky baseline and even flipped the whole beat around halfway.

That was also a track from 3 years back to supposedly set the tone that I'll go pretty advanced in sample editing but nevermind that..

Next upload was gonna be a track with heavily modified samples but after this casual mod assesments I have no desire to show him any more details of my productions since he seems quite capable at "guessing" who to ban.

I think I'm done here now.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

At 5/27/12 08:47 AM, Parasitic wrote: samples, as in retracable to the original

You obviously didn't understand what BFP said. You used stuff that was not yours, which is forbidden here, unless the samples are royalty-free, but because they came from an LP, I'm pretty sure they're not. It doesn't matter how you edit them, warp them and squeeze them, they are still not yours and once a mod finds that out (which was pretty easy because you said they weren't yours by yourself, smartypants) you get banned. Rightfully.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

At 5/26/12 10:36 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/26/12 12:38 PM, RampantMusik wrote: We are supposed to be moving to a blam/protect system similar to the Flash Portal, but we don't really know when.
Dude, I dunno. There's enuff haters in audio already. Giving those morons blam power? I dunno.

good luck getting 200 votes on your audio lol


p.s. i am gay

Parasitic
Parasitic
  • Member since: May. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

At 5/27/12 10:07 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5/27/12 08:47 AM, Parasitic wrote: samples, as in retracable to the original
You obviously didn't understand what BFP said. You used stuff that was not yours, which is forbidden here, unless the samples are royalty-free, but because they came from an LP, I'm pretty sure they're not. It doesn't matter how you edit them, warp them and squeeze them, they are still not yours and once a mod finds that out (which was pretty easy because you said they weren't yours by yourself, smartypants) you get banned. Rightfully.

All samples I use and post online I clear from copyright infringement by clearing it with our copyright protection company in my country.

Whatever dude, hiphop and sampling were born together and are like bread and butter. I make plenty of beats just composing on the MK-6 or just working the Mashine and I would've posted some of that aswell but appearantly that's ALL NG allows on it nowadays.

I just came back posting here cause I never had these "omg u used samples from LP instead of the plugins and downloaded drumkits I use". That used to be all forum related which I didn't really care for..

I tried to make clear I frequently sample to enhance my beats, not base them around it, that's why I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be insulted if the mod bans me for making a smooth jazz melody with a hiphop beat, that wasn't what it was but what I was going for.

Doesn't matter now, I had fond memories of the original audio portal which had a sort of Grand feel but I've skimmed down some posts and appearantly there was some redesign which added "opinion-related originality-approval mods, took out some editing functionalities and way too many informalities and slowed the process down to a point it's not even fun browsing through music anymore..

I like the actual music player and the community is helpfull although very judgive. Must be because my rank is 1 again.

...People I wish you all a wonderfull day, but I said in my bio, I'm just trying to build up a library, not seek approval or judgement on what I upload....the first time (which btw is even more hypocritical then judging all music or leave it up to the users)

Well... have fun with that..

Peace

Parasitic
Parasitic
  • Member since: May. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

At 5/27/12 10:07 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5/27/12 08:47 AM, Parasitic wrote: samples, as in retracable to the original
You obviously didn't understand what BFP said. You used stuff that was not yours, which is forbidden here, unless the samples are royalty-free, but because they came from an LP, I'm pretty sure they're not. It doesn't matter how you edit them, warp them and squeeze them, they are still not yours and once a mod finds that out (which was pretty easy because you said they weren't yours by yourself, smartypants) you get banned. Rightfully.

PS: Saying samples are not royalty free because they come from LP shows how shortsighted and unexperienced you must be in sampling.

Producers use LP's to sample cause they're likely older and have a good chance at already being declared public domain or the royalty period has expired (which was the case for 1 of the samples I used and I cleared the other one) little trouble, you pay like 75,- a year for stuff like that.

Now please stop the discussion about originality and sampling.

I'll just build my library up somewhere else.

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 12:06 PM

If the samples you used were actually public domain by now you might have thought to list the actual songs they are sampled from. Just sayin "from an LP" doesn't help anyone (and you've said that like 5 times now without actually mentioning a real source). You only have to get approved once too so maybe if you had done that, a quick google search would have put you in the clear and you'd have a completely different experience here on NG.

Oh wellllll. I guess the life lesson here is that vagueness sounds sketchy.

Parasitic
Parasitic
  • Member since: May. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

At 5/27/12 12:06 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: If the samples you used were actually public domain by now you might have thought to list the actual songs they are sampled from. Just sayin "from an LP" doesn't help anyone (and you've said that like 5 times now without actually mentioning a real source). You only have to get approved once too so maybe if you had done that, a quick google search would have put you in the clear and you'd have a completely different experience here on NG.

Oh wellllll. I guess the life lesson here is that vagueness sounds sketchy.

This is the attitude I expect with a weird system like this

I could list the original artists which I add in every production file of every track but would that prove?

Nothing, the chance any of you have or recognise the sample is neglible so I'd further have to prove by sending stuff over to a self-proclaimed internet music expert? Haha..no

My old account consistently has all tracks with samples yet they've all been all public for around 9 years and most of those weren't cleared back then.

I checked the HipHop section and there are tons of sampled beats without credited sources but because their first upload is some wacky fruity module experiment they're in the clear after.

Rationalize it all you want... well that's just plain stupid...

I don't expect sympathy cause I doubt many if any had to deal with this dumb situation but after this I just don't wanna upload here anymore, which why I'm not even bothering trying to clear it up listing the original artists.

Unlikely any of you have the record so I'm supposed to send the samples or a videotape of myself playing the 2 showing records as proof ?

Well, thanks but no thanks.

What I should have done but never would have never known is that my first track get's a random originality judge so if I uploaded a track that was a bit farther along nobody would even be able to acknowledge a single sample and I'd never had to deal with this.

I'm out. Lock this topic if you will.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM

At 5/27/12 12:53 PM, Parasitic wrote: I don't expect sympathy cause I doubt many if any had to deal with this dumb situation but after this I just don't wanna upload here anymore, which why I'm not even bothering trying to clear it up listing the original artists.

You've made it clear that you believe you're innocent, but are unwilling to prove it. That is an admission of guilt around here.

Furthermore, I made it very clear that if you felt you were wrongfully banned to PM me, and we could talk it over, if you could prove you did nothing wrong, I could have gotten the ban reversed.

But seems you'd rather burn bridges instead.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: The Inevitability - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 27th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM

Like I said, you only had to do it(prove no copyright infringment exists) this one time(not everytime like you keep mentioning), but thats cool if you want to be mad about it.

Good luck!

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to ALot has changed in a few years.. May. 28th, 2012 @ 04:09 AM

lock requested