Be a Supporter!

Audio not buffering and playing.

  • 1,206 Views
  • 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
iksoftukrecords
iksoftukrecords
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 04:58:00 Reply

Hello all

I not sure if it's just me but whatever audio I play it will not buffer at all and play, it's just stays at 00:00 all the time.

I have search the forums for a while now and not found anything else like this issue.

Please can you just note that I do have good internet and other sites load and play sound and music perfectly.
I am using Google Chome version 19.0.1084.52 m (Should have the latest version of flash)
I have also tried in Firefox version 13.0 (Latest) and using flash version 11.2.202.235 (Latest)

Also I do apologize if this has been posted before and if this is not meant to be posted here.

Thanks

Audio not buffering and playing.


IK Software Records, Unleash the music.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 05:13:45 Reply

First thing that pops into my head would be that maybe your audio driver is busy with another program.

Just shooting in the dark... but if you have ASIO4ALL installed and have something open that uses that for whatever reason in the background, you usually won't get any sound from your browser because your internet browser doesn't use ASIO drivers for its sound.

If that's not it... I dunno... could try manually updating flash?

Does sound from other sites play fine? Youtube for example?


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Something's coming... - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
DJDela
DJDela
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 06:02:00 Reply

Press pause, then play again.
Has to work...

iksoftukrecords
iksoftukrecords
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 07:10:04 Reply

At 5/26/12 05:13 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: First thing that pops into my head would be that maybe your audio driver is busy with another program.

Just shooting in the dark... but if you have ASIO4ALL installed and have something open that uses that for whatever reason in the background, you usually won't get any sound from your browser because your internet browser doesn't use ASIO drivers for its sound.

If that's not it... I dunno... could try manually updating flash?

Does sound from other sites play fine? Youtube for example?

Yes it plays sound from places like Youtube, Soundcloud, Facebook and etc. It also loads the newgrounds audio player so It can't be flash I have updated flash to make sure it was not flash, I have restarted my laptop to make sure it was not because of something crashing. It was only working 2 days ago and suddenly the audio portal player just won't play the music, I am a server engineer and even I can't work out what is wrong does the Audio player work for you guys? and yes I have pressed the Play and stop button still does not work. Seems pretty strange to me.


IK Software Records, Unleash the music.

iksoftukrecords
iksoftukrecords
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 07:13:07 Reply

I think it maybe something to do with the server network here at Optifyed (IK Software) I going to have a look now, I will try newgrounds on my home internet and see if it works then if not then it must be my laptop so I will try it on a new laptop.

I will reply soon :)


IK Software Records, Unleash the music.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Musician
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 07:26:51 Reply

At 5/26/12 07:13 AM, iksoftukrecords wrote: I think it maybe something to do with the server network here at Optifyed (IK Software) I going to have a look now, I will try newgrounds on my home internet and see if it works then if not then it must be my laptop so I will try it on a new laptop.

I will reply soon :)

If it nothing seems to work, try shooting a PM to Mike or liljim with details about your OS and Browser, they've more or less been handling most of the audio portal bugs that have sprung up since the redesign.

I haven't had any issues, personally... But the bugs seem to be kind of random, some people get them a lot, some people (like myself) don't seem to get them at all.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Something's coming... - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
iksoftukrecords
iksoftukrecords
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 17:14:28 Reply

At 5/26/12 07:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/26/12 07:13 AM, iksoftukrecords wrote: I think it maybe something to do with the server network here at Optifyed (IK Software) I going to have a look now, I will try newgrounds on my home internet and see if it works then if not then it must be my laptop so I will try it on a new laptop.

I will reply soon :)
If it nothing seems to work, try shooting a PM to Mike or liljim with details about your OS and Browser, they've more or less been handling most of the audio portal bugs that have sprung up since the redesign.

I haven't had any issues, personally... But the bugs seem to be kind of random, some people get them a lot, some people (like myself) don't seem to get them at all.

I just tried it at home and nothing works but when I try it on my Iphone 3GS with IOS 5.0.1 the mobile player seems to work fine so I not sure what it is but I will send a PM to Mike thanks for you help.


IK Software Records, Unleash the music.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-26 17:26:31 Reply

At 5/26/12 05:14 PM, iksoftukrecords wrote: I just tried it at home and nothing works but when I try it on my Iphone 3GS with IOS 5.0.1 the mobile player seems to work fine so I not sure what it is but I will send a PM to Mike thanks for you help.

Try waiting it out (see if waiting 1-2 mins makes any progress or not) or try refreshing, although I'm pretty sure you already tried this out.

iksoftukrecords
iksoftukrecords
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-27 07:05:40 Reply

At 5/26/12 05:26 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 5/26/12 05:14 PM, iksoftukrecords wrote: I just tried it at home and nothing works but when I try it on my Iphone 3GS with IOS 5.0.1 the mobile player seems to work fine so I not sure what it is but I will send a PM to Mike thanks for you help.
Try waiting it out (see if waiting 1-2 mins makes any progress or not) or try refreshing, although I'm pretty sure you already tried this out.

It appears to be suddenly working again today, Seems odd, got to love werid bugs :).
And yes I did try that.

I like to thank everyone for trying to help :)


IK Software Records, Unleash the music.

jaimiefayt
jaimiefayt
  • Member since: May. 29, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-05-29 17:35:36 Reply

At 5/27/12 07:05 AM, iksoftukrecords wrote:
At 5/26/12 05:26 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 5/26/12 05:14 PM, iksoftukrecords wrote: I just tried it at home and nothing works but when I try it on my Iphone 3GS with IOS 5.0.1 the mobile player seems to work fine so I not sure what it is but I will send a PM to Mike thanks for you help.
Try waiting it out (see if waiting 1-2 mins makes any progress or not) or try refreshing, although I'm pretty sure you already tried this out.
It appears to be suddenly working again today, Seems odd, got to love werid bugs :).
And yes I did try that.

I like to thank everyone for trying to help :)

It just worked for you now? I'm having the same problem, but this is my first visit to the site. I'll wait a few days and see if the audio will work for me too.

If I click on audio it will work, but if I exit the link and try to listen again, it won't work.

SatoDraygonFist2
SatoDraygonFist2
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Audio not buffering and playing. 2012-07-05 19:54:40 Reply

Hey, OP!

I have the same problem right now, actually, and it only started happening after I uploaded a song! Weirdness. I am in a Skype call right now, maybe that has something to do with it?

If the problem mysteriously fixes itself for you, maybe I'll be as lucky.

-Sato