New Topic Respond to this Topic
zatan
zatan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
How can i delete a track from NG? May. 24th, 2012 @ 12:05 PM Reply

i want to delete one of my tracks so i can upload the good one.

Yes! i know i can upload the good one without delete the past one but any way i just want to delete it..

well... thank you!!

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 24th, 2012 @ 12:41 PM Reply

You can't. That feature was lost after the redesign. It will probably be brought back, you just have to wait.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 24th, 2012 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 5/24/12 12:05 PM, zatan wrote: i want to delete one of my tracks so i can upload the good one.

Yes! i know i can upload the good one without delete the past one but any way i just want to delete it..

well... thank you!!

What the other two said... I actually would've never submitted my tracks if I had known this feature hadn't been carried over...

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
lawFX
lawFX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM Reply

Out of all the things to leave out for the redesign - a delete button. derp.

Twitter: @dropthelaw | MSN: lawfx@live.co.uk | (old acc: Sequenced).

I make flash-friendly electronic music loops. Please use them and credit me. :) lawFX AUDIO

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 25th, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 5/25/12 02:11 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/25/12 01:53 PM, lawFX wrote: Out of all the things to leave out for the redesign - a delete button. derp.
they didn't precisely "leave it out" as i understand it - more like it was meant to stay, but was overlooked during coding. still, pretty fucking stupid.

It's their storage space, not ours.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Freebix
Freebix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 26th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM Reply

It's their storage space, not ours.
so i suppose you wouldn't mind if your bank changed their policy so that you couldn't withdraw money anymore? it's your investment in their storage space, after all.

Case and point.

blarsa
blarsa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 27th, 2012 @ 09:06 AM Reply

At 5/25/12 02:11 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/25/12 01:53 PM, lawFX wrote: Out of all the things to leave out for the redesign - a delete button. derp.
they didn't precisely "leave it out" as i understand it - more like it was meant to stay, but was overlooked during coding. still, pretty fucking stupid.

Well it's a few months later since the re-design was launched... anyone have any updated news on this? Hard to believe it was overlooked. I sure hope NG isn't trying to hoard whatever content it pleases for further ad rev... gotta have content to get traffic after all. If it becomes a pain to get my own work removed from NG I'll have to move along and part ways.

Hopefully we'll see the delete option return soon...

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 27th, 2012 @ 03:37 PM Reply

At 5/27/12 09:06 AM, blarsa wrote: Well it's a few months later since the re-design was launched... anyone have any updated news on this? Hard to believe it was overlooked. I sure hope NG isn't trying to hoard whatever content it pleases for further ad rev... gotta have content to get traffic after all. If it becomes a pain to get my own work removed from NG I'll have to move along and part ways.

Believe me... I've made it very clear to Staff that people are getting a little antsy about such a basic feature being missing. It's on their to do list... but the Audio Portal has never been a top priority in the grand scheme of things... and that has obviously not changed since the redesign. So, no one knows when this problems may be fixed.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
blarsa
blarsa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 28th, 2012 @ 06:21 AM Reply

At 5/27/12 03:37 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/27/12 09:06 AM, blarsa wrote: Well it's a few months later since the re-design was launched... anyone have any updated news on this? Hard to believe it was overlooked. I sure hope NG isn't trying to hoard whatever content it pleases for further ad rev... gotta have content to get traffic after all. If it becomes a pain to get my own work removed from NG I'll have to move along and part ways.

Believe me... I've made it very clear to Staff that people are getting a little antsy about such a basic feature being missing. It's on their to do list... but the Audio Portal has never been a top priority in the grand scheme of things... and that has obviously not changed since the redesign. So, no one knows when this problems may be fixed.

Thanks for the info & your efforts. I'm a patient person so I'll just sit here twiddling my thumbs waiting for a delete button to grow, but I'll have to refrain from submitting any new content until then.

JakobePaulobe
JakobePaulobe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 28th, 2012 @ 10:54 PM Reply

It's frustrating that they've left such a simple feature left out. Sounds like it would only take a few lines of code to fix, so why are we still waiting months later? Forget all the new features they are working on adding, fix the broken ones first people!

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to How can i delete a track from NG? May. 29th, 2012 @ 12:32 AM Reply

We have been waiting for a while but for some sort of compensation Tom said that if there are any published submissions you want deleted, just PM him the URL or tag it with "deletion".

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature