New Topic Respond to this Topic
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 12:03 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 11:29 AM, Gagsy wrote: Federer was not on form. Gutted he didn't give his career deserving Gold medal for singles. His loss is our gain I guess but still.

It was expected honestly, I predicted Federer was going to play a nervous as shit match. He needed a gold medal to complete a career golden slam and this was really his last chance to do it. It's hard to imagine him winning it in 4 years at age 34.

On the other hand, Murray appeared unnerved, that was expected as well being that he'll only choke in grand slam finals, and if he's playing any other match he'll be fine. Nonetheless I'm glad as hell Murray won, I gotta say I'm a huge fan of him.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 11:17 AM, Addict wrote: If you could have any other sport added to the current Olympics, what would it be?

Some sport where the females where very little clothing, of course.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 12:15 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 11:17 AM, Addict wrote: If you could have any other sport added to the current Olympics, what would it be?

Russian Roulette.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 12:16 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 12:03 PM, mothballs wrote:
It was expected honestly, I predicted Federer was going to play a nervous as shit match. He needed a gold medal to complete a career golden slam and this was really his last chance to do it. It's hard to imagine him winning it in 4 years at age 34.

Thats why I so wanted him to do it. All his achievements in tennis, he really deserved to get this finally. And yeah it is his last Olympics really, even if he tries in 4 years time, by that point I think its safe to say that he will be past it completely and so this was it. I am just gutted still that he couldn't perform like he does for slams.

On the other hand, Murray appeared unnerved, that was expected as well being that he'll only choke in grand slam finals, and if he's playing any other match he'll be fine. Nonetheless I'm glad as hell Murray won, I gotta say I'm a huge fan of him.

Well I'll be cheering him on for the mixed doubles. I'm not a big Murray fan, doubt I ever will be, but this years Wimbledon and today has really warmed me more to him. Surprised he actually sang the national anthem if I'm honest. Guess thats how emotional he was feeling and in tune with the crowd.

This could wonders to him next year at Wimbledon too because he's finally won something huge there. Even if the event is different, the venue is the same. I think by this time next year he'll have a slam to his name and I wouldn't be surprised if its the Wimbledon title.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 12:15 PM, Otto wrote: yeeuehhhh

No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush! No one can stop the gold rush!

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 12:37 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 12:12 PM, Haggard wrote:

There's no need to be greedy. We already have the Womens Beach Volleyball after all. Hell I thought some of those 'outfits' were just painted on.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 12:37 PM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 8/5/12 12:12 PM, Haggard wrote:
There's no need to be greedy. We already have the Womens Beach Volleyball after all. Hell I thought some of those 'outfits' were just painted on.

The runners are very generous as well (surprisingly, nobody called the running sport to be "sexist", yet everyone complains about beach volleyball?). But: There can never be "too many" half nude, well-toned women. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 01:20 PM Reply

Play like that in a Grand Slam arena in the future, Murray.

Great game for him, Federer just didn't have it in him. Now watching lovely, lovely Robson...

shut up, she's 18.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

Nation of the Olympics?
(besides Team GB obviously)

Kazakhstan.

They're like;

Medals? We only do Gold. Everything else worthless.

BBS Signature
liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 11:29 AM, Gagsy wrote: Federer was not on form.

He played his semi-finals on Friday earlier in the day than Murray. He then had a day off yesterday, whereas Murray played mixed doubles semi-finals with Laura Robson who both won.

Murray then obliterated Federer today.

Murray and Robson then went on to take the first set comfortably in the semi-finals just an hour or so after Murray's 3 set winner against Federer in the final, before losing to Belarus (which is understandable, as the pair were the underdogs from the start and Belarus were seeded first).

Give the man the credit he deserves.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 02:11 PM, liljim wrote: Murray and Robson then went on to take the first set comfortably in the semi-finals

Oops, finals.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

I hope Bolt has been scoffing down the chicken nuggets today.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 02:11 PM, liljim wrote:
Give the man the credit he deserves.

I watched it all don't worry (well I missed the end of the singles final - Had to watch the old pommel horse final. Smith got robbed). I can admit he did well, insanely well, especially after he played a mixed semi yesterday still. I just don't like him much like I stated so I can't sing his praises highly. I can't deny what he did today in BOTH events though, no one can. And yeah I'm just gutted for Federer who is probably my all time favourite athlete ever. So if my post there sounded negative on Murray it was because I was in mourning. Am I not allowed to be? :(

Also guys, 100m final whos going to do it? I thought Blake, but wow Bolts semi. He just strolled it. Such a troll to the other runners there.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

Bolt to win, and a new world record. His stride is just ridiculous. Blake won't make it easy though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 03:06 PM, Quinny wrote: Bolt to win, and a new world record. His stride is just ridiculous. Blake won't make it easy though.

Only way Bolt would lose is if he makes a false start.

You'll never know so who knows?

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

I have a question, provided that Federer never wins a singles gold medal, what are the chance that Agassi and Nadal rubs it in his face?

Being that the golden slam is a rare feat and this being possibly be his last chance and all.

At least he has a doubles medal from 2008 to console himself with.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

100m mens final. Ooooooh shit.

Blake will win it. I just hope, hope Bolt doesn't ease off if he's on course for a good win.

BBS Signature
absyrd
absyrd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

Dunno if anyone has been watching indoor women's volleyball (too lazy to check the thread), but I'd suggest putting that shit on if you haven't. USA women are about as dominant in the sport this year as our men's basketball team is. It's both scary and fucking insane to see how dominant they are. I usually prefer watching men's, but I find myself more excited to see who our women's team will obliterate next.

I'll be seriously shocked if they don't sweep the playoffs and win gold.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

4 years build up.

10 second race.

Hour long celebrations/reactions.

I'm sure this is a mastercard ad gone wrong somehow.

Awesome though. Bolt. What a legend. He just burst through. So cool, so quick. You cannot unlike this man really. So brilliant.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Don't you love women beach volleyball?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 05:56 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Don't you love women beach volleyball?

Almost as much as life itself!

Well yesterdays prediction for Australian Gold went horribly wrong. They couldn't even manage 1. I see Kazakhstan have 6 Gold medals now and Australia are still stuck on that lowly, humiliating 1 Gold that they got on Day 1. I'm a little more confident about todays prediction for Australian Gold. Aussies should get at least 1 Gold medal today thanks to the Sailing team. No more sitting down there in 23rd spot on the ladder. Possibly could jump all the way up to about 20th spot. LOL!

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 04:37 AM Reply

At 8/5/12 05:06 PM, Gagsy wrote: 4 years build up.

10 second race.

Hour long celebrations/reactions.

I'm sure this is a mastercard ad gone wrong somehow.

Yeah, I nerver will understand all this hype about a 100m race. Sure, it's thrilling. But I'm always like "WTF?" when they keep on babbling about it for hours and hours.

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 09:43 AM Reply

Gold #2 for Australia so they jump from 25th on the ladder to 16th. Thanks to Tom Slingsby in the Mens Laser Class Sailing. Now if Michael Diamond can do the same in the Mens Trap Shooting later on in the day (he got 125 of 125 earlier today in qualifying) they could jump up to 12th on the ladder. With more Sailing medals up for grabs tomorrow and a great chance of Sally Pearson grabbing the Gold Medal in the Womens 100m Hurdles, Australia could (I say could) jump up to 7th on the ladder. Here's hoping.

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 11:44 AM Reply

At 8/6/12 09:43 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Now if Michael Diamond can do the same in the Mens Trap Shooting later on in the day (he got 125 of 125 earlier today in qualifying) they could jump up to 12th on the ladder.

LOL! Michael Diamond fail. Not even a Bronze.

Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

It's embarrassing being Aussie at this point... we usually molest everyone for such a small country (population wise).

Ah well, fortunately I'm staying in the UK right now so I'll soak up their success instead.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 06:06 PM Reply

Medal update by rank and medal count
earlier in the thread they said there should be a point system and there obviously is for this ranking structure

Rank and Medals

1.China 64
2.US 63
3.UK 40
4.Korea 22
5.France 26
6. Russia 42 (42 medals and they rank sixth)
7. Italy 17
8. Kahakstan 7
9.Germany 22
10. Hungary 8

185 out of 302 Medals Awarded
Medals Left to be awarded: 117

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Glad the women soccer team beat the Canadian team, that way the loudmouth Canadian coach gets a sock stuffed into his mouth.

Hope they win the gold medal although it will be tough being that it is a rematch of the 2011 World Cup. With that said, Solo will have to have one of her best games in her life.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 02:36 AM Reply

At 8/6/12 06:06 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: earlier in the thread they said there should be a point system and there obviously is for this ranking structure

It's because it's the most gold medals, that count. Just look at the official medal count and you'll notice that it's exactly the same.

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 02:45 AM Reply

Refs handed the game to the USA.

women's soccer USA vs Canada
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 07:11 AM Reply

Oh Feck! Stephan Feck that is. Poor bugger. That's got to hurt.

2012 Olympics Discussion Thread