00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2012 Olympics Discussion Thread

41,979 Views | 588 Replies

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 14:43:50

I hope Bolt has been scoffing down the chicken nuggets today.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 15:01:22

At 8/5/12 02:11 PM, liljim wrote:
Give the man the credit he deserves.

I watched it all don't worry (well I missed the end of the singles final - Had to watch the old pommel horse final. Smith got robbed). I can admit he did well, insanely well, especially after he played a mixed semi yesterday still. I just don't like him much like I stated so I can't sing his praises highly. I can't deny what he did today in BOTH events though, no one can. And yeah I'm just gutted for Federer who is probably my all time favourite athlete ever. So if my post there sounded negative on Murray it was because I was in mourning. Am I not allowed to be? :(

Also guys, 100m final whos going to do it? I thought Blake, but wow Bolts semi. He just strolled it. Such a troll to the other runners there.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 15:06:35

Bolt to win, and a new world record. His stride is just ridiculous. Blake won't make it easy though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 15:36:47

At 8/5/12 03:06 PM, Quinny wrote: Bolt to win, and a new world record. His stride is just ridiculous. Blake won't make it easy though.

Only way Bolt would lose is if he makes a false start.

You'll never know so who knows?

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 16:45:14

I have a question, provided that Federer never wins a singles gold medal, what are the chance that Agassi and Nadal rubs it in his face?

Being that the golden slam is a rare feat and this being possibly be his last chance and all.

At least he has a doubles medal from 2008 to console himself with.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 16:50:07

100m mens final. Ooooooh shit.

Blake will win it. I just hope, hope Bolt doesn't ease off if he's on course for a good win.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 16:54:56

Dunno if anyone has been watching indoor women's volleyball (too lazy to check the thread), but I'd suggest putting that shit on if you haven't. USA women are about as dominant in the sport this year as our men's basketball team is. It's both scary and fucking insane to see how dominant they are. I usually prefer watching men's, but I find myself more excited to see who our women's team will obliterate next.

I'll be seriously shocked if they don't sweep the playoffs and win gold.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 17:06:30

4 years build up.

10 second race.

Hour long celebrations/reactions.

I'm sure this is a mastercard ad gone wrong somehow.

Awesome though. Bolt. What a legend. He just burst through. So cool, so quick. You cannot unlike this man really. So brilliant.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 17:56:46

Don't you love women beach volleyball?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-05 19:28:03

At 8/5/12 05:56 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Don't you love women beach volleyball?

Almost as much as life itself!

Well yesterdays prediction for Australian Gold went horribly wrong. They couldn't even manage 1. I see Kazakhstan have 6 Gold medals now and Australia are still stuck on that lowly, humiliating 1 Gold that they got on Day 1. I'm a little more confident about todays prediction for Australian Gold. Aussies should get at least 1 Gold medal today thanks to the Sailing team. No more sitting down there in 23rd spot on the ladder. Possibly could jump all the way up to about 20th spot. LOL!

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-06 04:37:45

At 8/5/12 05:06 PM, Gagsy wrote: 4 years build up.

10 second race.

Hour long celebrations/reactions.

I'm sure this is a mastercard ad gone wrong somehow.

Yeah, I nerver will understand all this hype about a 100m race. Sure, it's thrilling. But I'm always like "WTF?" when they keep on babbling about it for hours and hours.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-06 09:43:24

Gold #2 for Australia so they jump from 25th on the ladder to 16th. Thanks to Tom Slingsby in the Mens Laser Class Sailing. Now if Michael Diamond can do the same in the Mens Trap Shooting later on in the day (he got 125 of 125 earlier today in qualifying) they could jump up to 12th on the ladder. With more Sailing medals up for grabs tomorrow and a great chance of Sally Pearson grabbing the Gold Medal in the Womens 100m Hurdles, Australia could (I say could) jump up to 7th on the ladder. Here's hoping.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-06 11:44:33

At 8/6/12 09:43 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Now if Michael Diamond can do the same in the Mens Trap Shooting later on in the day (he got 125 of 125 earlier today in qualifying) they could jump up to 12th on the ladder.

LOL! Michael Diamond fail. Not even a Bronze.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-06 16:53:31

It's embarrassing being Aussie at this point... we usually molest everyone for such a small country (population wise).

Ah well, fortunately I'm staying in the UK right now so I'll soak up their success instead.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-06 18:06:08

Medal update by rank and medal count
earlier in the thread they said there should be a point system and there obviously is for this ranking structure

Rank and Medals

1.China 64
2.US 63
3.UK 40
4.Korea 22
5.France 26
6. Russia 42 (42 medals and they rank sixth)
7. Italy 17
8. Kahakstan 7
9.Germany 22
10. Hungary 8

185 out of 302 Medals Awarded
Medals Left to be awarded: 117

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-06 20:41:17

Glad the women soccer team beat the Canadian team, that way the loudmouth Canadian coach gets a sock stuffed into his mouth.

Hope they win the gold medal although it will be tough being that it is a rematch of the 2011 World Cup. With that said, Solo will have to have one of her best games in her life.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 02:36:46

At 8/6/12 06:06 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: earlier in the thread they said there should be a point system and there obviously is for this ranking structure

It's because it's the most gold medals, that count. Just look at the official medal count and you'll notice that it's exactly the same.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 02:45:55

Refs handed the game to the USA.

women's soccer USA vs Canada

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 07:11:18

Oh Feck! Stephan Feck that is. Poor bugger. That's got to hurt.

2012 Olympics Discussion Thread

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 07:41:03

"Huge double standards from the IOC. Some athletes sent home for not trying whilst the entire Australian team are allowed to stay!"

I'm sorry. I just saw this and laughed my head off. No disrespect Aussies.

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 08:21:25

At 8/7/12 07:41 AM, Gagsy wrote: "Huge double standards from the IOC. Some athletes sent home for not trying whilst the entire Australian team are allowed to stay!"

I'm sorry. I just saw this and laughed my head off. No disrespect Aussies.

No offence taken (even though I'm officially British) because you're about as close to correct as you could've possibly been.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 11:56:04

Florian Hambuechen wins Silver. Hooray!

But it really is time for another gold medal for team Germany. Come on!

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 13:24:56

Holy fuck @ Russia X Brazil's women volleyball. Shit was ridiculously tense.
Still can't believe we got past that.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 16:17:04

GOLD for Germany! Robert Harting, Discus Throwing. FUCK YEAH! I'm really happy for him, he seems to be a really nice guy. I'm also happy for Chris Hoy. What better way to end your carrer is there?

NO medal for Matthias Steiner, though. Fuck, I hope the guy is all right. 196 kg smashed on his neck and his leg... :(

Also, FINALLY Germany passes Kazakhstan in the medal count. 27 medals to 7 medals. Just shows how ridiciulous it is to sort the table by Gold medals and not total medals, imo. A few days ago, Russia was trailing behind Germany with (I think) 22 medals for Germany and about 32 medals for Russia, which is just as stupid.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 16:25:04

Shit yeah, cunt. Another gold for Australia.

would tap Pearson

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 19:05:04

Good day with women gymnastics with Raisman racking up two medals, one gold and a bronze. Also Deng Linlin kinda salvaged it for Chinese women gymnastic team by getting gold as well.

As for women beach volleyball, the match up that the U.S. wanted is here.

Two medals is guaranteed, but will Misty May and Walsh three-peat?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 19:09:34

haha the olympics is always great, thanks for this thread.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 19:35:10

At 8/7/12 04:25 PM, Markface wrote: Shit yeah, cunt. Another gold for Australia.

would tap Pearson

OOF! No. I hope your joking.

Australia up to a more credible 11th on the ladder but will jump to 10th later today with another guaranteed Gold for our Sailing Team in the 49'ers basically already having won the Gold, their lead is unassailable, all they have to do is put their boat in the water to get it. LOL! Then we have 1 more excellent chance of Gold in the Sailing, 2 good chances in the BMX racing and a great chance in the Mens Kayak K4. Australia sure aren't going to win but they are making things look a whole lot better than what they were looking last week after the utter disappointments in the swimming, rowing and cycling.

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 22:11:56

That gymnastics final was a fucking embarrassment. Instead of gracefully accepting defeat, the US girl had to bitch and moan her way to 3rd and knock out a girl from some dirt poor Eastern European shithole.

This is why people don't like us.

I get way too into this.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to 2012 Olympics Discussion Thread 2012-08-07 22:27:35

At 8/6/12 08:41 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Hope they win the gold medal although it will be tough being that it is a rematch of the 2011 World Cup. With that said, Solo will have to have one of her best games in her life.

I don't pay that much attention to women's soccer, but from what I do know, the U.S. team better win their gold medal game against Japan. No disrespect to the Japanese Women's team, but on paper, the U.S team is supposed to be far superior in terms of talent, they should literately run circles around this team, so to speak.

If they do go home with anything other than gold, well then I guess the apt comparison would be to the Minnesota Vikings of women's soccer would come into play, all that talent, and nothing to show for it, championship wise. {at least in recent years}

At least it can't be as bad as Lolo Jones however, she still can't seem to get to that medal podium at all, again.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature